“Great Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Heber Springs, Arkansas
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Majestic Colonial from Nov 27 - Dec 3. We had a wonderful time everyone was very helpful and friendly. We loved our Butler Romone... He was the BEST!! I can't say enough good things about the employees- Joan the towel man awesome!!! Lino and Wener in the Colonial Club reception were helpful and friendly. The grounds were beautiful.. Very nice Vacation!!

Room Tip: Colonial club rooms are great! Pool is right there..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is a truly pleasure know you had such a great time with us and decide to share your experience in Majestic Colonial with others tripadvisor members. We consider the satisfaction of our clients our primary goal; your opinion is essential to the continuous improvement and maintenance of the quality of our service.
We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff Ramon, Joan, Lino and Wener that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,389)
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed for 9 days and the highlight our vacation started at the time we checked in with Felipe King, who did everything possible to make our rooms perfect. Felipe was wonderful and clearly cares about the guests at his hotel. He gave us a GREAT room #3412 !!

Jose in the Japanese Steakhouse (Show Cooking) was VERY entertaining - so much so that we returned four nights in a row to see him!

Pavel, our great butler, made sure that we had everything we needed. The entertainment staff was terrific and we all enjoyed getting to know Tuti Frutty, Blondie, Nemo and the others. Plus, there was a REALLY nice man, Eliezey, who has the most positive attitude I've come across in a long time who sold the water sports and we enjoyed seeing him each and every day.

The downside to our stay was that our friends had their laptop and cologne stolen, which the hotel manager, Teresa, seemed to care less about and gave us the run around about "investigating it". Lesson here for those of you who choose to go to this resort: READ THE SMALL PRINT ON THE INFORMATION YOU SIGN WHEN CHECKING IN. You are supposed to "declare you inventory" of personal items (such as a laptop) so that if this happens to you, it will not be your word against theirs. Our friends had their laptop wrapped up in a ski jacket and the jacket was under their bed. Some people will stop at nothing to steal from you......

The other downside to our stay was that everyone in our group, including friends we met at the hotel, were all SICK ! Sick with the worst intestinal pain / stomach cramps you could ever imagine! In fact, most all of us are still sick and those who have gone to the doctor have been told they have an INTESTINAL PARASITE !

Bottom line - I will not go back to this resort, but I will always have fond memories of the people who made our stay pleasant and enjoyable! Thank you Felipe, Wener, Jose, Pavel, The Entertainment Staff and Eliezey!

Faye from PA

P.S. If you get the opportunity, you should definitely do their 5pm Zumba class by the pool ! Its a GREAT time!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the garden view area, or the "old" section.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Faye S:

Thank you to take your time to write a review and choosing Majestic Colonial as a destination during your holidays. We also appreciate your personal opinion about the hotel and the staff. In your case, I would like to comment that we do not have any information about other sicknesses or illness during the dates you refer. We didn’t have any report from our doctor about your illness. We do not deny that this might have been the cause, but without having done a research during your stay, we can also assume that it could have been caused by many things. About your lost, we didn’t know what could happen because your inform that lost two hour before your depart; we would like to remind that you have a free big safe box in each room of the hotel. We take all guest feedback very seriously, and we're constantly improving all aspects with honesty. Thank you very much again to give us your honest opinion and I hope you will accept our apologize on behalf of Majestic Resorts staff.

Ángel Holgado
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently went for a week long vacation to the majestic colonial and love this hotel. I found my place of peace. The people at the hotel are hardworking and gracious of everything. I enjoyed the food. The rooms were clean and comfy. I especially like the Zumba classes every day at 5pm with NEMO he is fun, energetic and makes you move. This would have been my second time at the majestic colonial and would definitely return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.

The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home

Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I went for a wedding, we left our 5 kids at home!! Being the first time that we've ever gone anywhere outside Canada together alone, we have nothing to compare it to.
That being said, it was great! Angel, Ramon, & Francisco were excellent and a HUGE help!! Lino, our butler, was a sweetheart!!
My suggestion for this hotel however would be that if you are traveling without children, make sure that you pay the extra money to be a club member!! Not sure if it was our travel agent or the hotel that messed up, but when we got there, we were taken to a private room, severed champane and introduced to our butler. Our room was not ready, so Lino took us to one of the restaurants that you need reservations for, got us a table and told us he would go find out how long it was going to be before our room was ready. We had a fantastic lunch, Lino returned to tell us that our room still wasn't ready, but showed us around the property. I think because he was pushing them so much, they took the first available room which left us away from the wedding group we were traveling with and put us in the family building. When we went to make a golf tee off time, we were told that we weren't club members (even tho the braclets they gave us said differently). Just make sure you know what you are paying for, we did make our tee off and had our green fees paid for by the hotel.
As for the food, my husband and I never got sick after eating any of this food! It was fantastic and the variety was amazing!! With that being said, my husband and I both got our travel shots before we went and also took ducarol to prevent getting sick. Out of the group we traveled with, another couple and ourselves were the only ones that didn't end up getting sick. My advice, get your shots and drink the drink!!! It tastes horrible, but it is well worth not ending up spending our vacation in our room!!
We did some shopping at the resort and to be honest, I didn't find their prices to be any different than what we pay at stores here.
There are definately improvements that could be made, but overall it was a great trip! We went with the attitude that after 10 years of marriage and 5 kids, nothing could spoil this trip, and NOTHING did!!
Take LOTS of $1, the cashier doesn't carry (or didn't want to give out) very many $1. Wish I would have know that before I went, would have had alot more with me. Service was fantastic and we tipped everyone, maid, person restocking mini fridge, waiters/waitresses, bartenders, etc. These people work hard and $1 goes far for them!!

Room Tip: We upgraded to an ocean front room, it was beautiful!! The others traveling with us were jealous of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff especially Angel, Ramon, Lino & Francisco that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

Maasbracht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had an excellent time at the majestic colonial club, with special thanks to Ramon, Francesco and Juan Carlos! They are great butlers!
The service at the buffet restaurant was also very good, especially Esthephany and Marisa.
We want to thank the whole staff of the colonial club for an amazing vacation!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Majestic Colonial with others Tripadvisors members, we feel very pleased you had these beautiful holidays with us.
We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff especially Ramon, Francesco and Juan Carlos that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

We wish you could visit us soon

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Myself and two other friends went here for a week, we had an amazing time on the beach and at the resteronts. The staff were amazing at the resteronts on the beach and the coffee boy was very welcoming and David was very friendly and outgoing.
At the pool their was a waitress named Esther that was being trained, she was outstanding and very professional. Funjuestic animators were very entertaining, Wilkin,Tutty Fruity, and Diania they were very friendly and their services was outstanding.
I wasnt happy with the buffet resteront closed to the lobby, the food was just good not amazing, but the people was unfriendly and they didnt have a welcoming feeling. I was at room 1242 the room service at frist was ok, we were tipping almost everyday. On the last day we put $5 on the bed, we wanted the room to look nice so we can take pictures before we left. When we got back to the room the beds wheren't made right and the room looked like it wasn't cleaned. We wheren't happy about that part of the room service team was poor. The shows where amazing and the Disco had amazing music and a great atmospher. Big thanks to Wilkin who was amazing and Tutty Fruity.
overall we had amazing time and would love to come back.

Room Tip: room 1242 was close to the beach and the pool but was a bit to far from the lobby and the resteronts...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff especially Wilkin,Tutty Fruity, and Diania that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Maybe I'm spoiled coming from San Francisco, CA. Where we are surrounded by foodies, excellent cuisine-restaurants, million dollar+ homes, etc. But although i had a great time at the Majestic Colonial I don't think ill ever be back to the Dominican Rep. So many other Caribbean countries to chose from that are better in every way.
I loved my stay, when i am on vacation I am so easy going so little-big things wont bug me. Ill give my opinion about what its like but seriously i came for the sun, beach, & a nice bronze butt, so i left super happy :)
Nov.24-Dec.1st

COLONIAL VIP & TIP: We opted for VIP Colonial Club. BUY IT! it's sooooo worth it, plus we had access to the Elegance on the other side where they served top shelf (colonial side has no top shelf in any bar. Well kinda: all bartenders acted like they were doing you a favor by going to get top shelf for you & going out of their way just for you (aka they just wanted more of a tip). Whatever we always tipped everyone. Figured we all make more in one day in the USA, than any tip you can give out in 7 days. We heard other people complain about having to tip everywhere but it seriously was not a big deal at all. Anyone that does you a service in the beginning, tip them big & believe me they will make sure to take care of you. Freddy would bring us more mimosas without asking within 20min on the dot! because he knew we would be out ;) So many plus sides to colonial club from even check in, butler, brand new rooms, etc! VIP IS LEGIT! My partner agreed that we don't think our stay would had been as great without the VIP status.

FOOD:I researched Tripadvisor (for WAY TOO many hrs) we only considered the top 10 resorts & settled w/Majestic Colonial based on the #1 feedback & Golf course on the property. Food sucked! Looked impressive but taste was BLAH! Believe me they put out an impressive lay out everywhere but seriously i won't go into detail because there was just way too many horrible things to say. (BUT there were complaints about food on every resort I researched, & some ppl thought it was great, just not us!). Food was NEVER hot, we had a joke going, "wow i actually found something hot today!" it was always luke warm if that. Oh do yourself a favor DO NOT EAT THE SUSHI. i was craving it soooo bad so i took a bite of what tasted like well not sushi! The "caviar" was the cheapest caviar ive ever seen, i didnt know you can dye caviar until now, & i didnt know it can taste that bad, wow! haha whatever, i didnt mind since this was the first trip i didnt come back gaining 10 pounds :)

STAFF: was amazing, they always went out of their way to please you, enough said! No problems there. Freddy at the Colonial Club & his other co worker always took care of us. As soon as we would walk in they knew to prepare 2 bottles of champagne for breakfast (we drink like fish!).

GOLF: Again, in California we are surrounded by beautiful golf courses everywhere. "Nick Price" designed golf course & given 2 free rounds for 2 people if you stay more than 5 nights. After renting clubs $50 each (only 2 options given $40 or the $50 ones!), golf balls are sold at 3X the price (we decided to go for the cheaper ones- bought 10 used balls for $15) & forced to pay a golf cart per person ($45 each)= Do the math it was expensive over $200++ USD (not including extra drinks & we drink like fish so that was $3 dollars a beer. I didn't mind since they warn you about the prices prior. BUT the Golf Course is ugly! I think it's the worst maintained course i've ever played in. Nick Price must had been drunk while designing it!

MOSQUITOS: Not a problem at all! I am allergic to mosquitos so i stock up with the most bug repellent but it was not needed. I did get bit once on the golf course, but other than that it was no problem.

SICKNESS: My partner & I both got sick. It wasn't a big deal. I am well traveled so i come prepared. Popped couple prescription pills & i was out tanning on the beach 2 hours later with my mimosa in hand. I never drank their tap water, I carried my own water bottle everywhere but it was 'Dasani' Coca Cola brand aka do your research its a $#(* purified system done in the DR, laugh is on us lol! I didnt care that i got sick, what worries me is that we met a lot of people that were also sick, A LOT! Hmmm so if you plan to come be prepared to pee out your butt every 5 minutes...haha good luck :)

Room Tip: Get the colonial club add on, swim up suite is worth considering, tip because it can make or break y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home.

Cordially

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!