We stayed for 9 days and the highlight our vacation started at the time we checked in with Felipe King, who did everything possible to make our rooms perfect. Felipe was wonderful and clearly cares about the guests at his hotel. He gave us a GREAT room #3412 !!
Jose in the Japanese Steakhouse (Show Cooking) was VERY entertaining - so much so that we returned four nights in a row to see him!
Pavel, our great butler, made sure that we had everything we needed. The entertainment staff was terrific and we all enjoyed getting to know Tuti Frutty, Blondie, Nemo and the others. Plus, there was a REALLY nice man, Eliezey, who has the most positive attitude I've come across in a long time who sold the water sports and we enjoyed seeing him each and every day.
The downside to our stay was that our friends had their laptop and cologne stolen, which the hotel manager, Teresa, seemed to care less about and gave us the run around about "investigating it". Lesson here for those of you who choose to go to this resort: READ THE SMALL PRINT ON THE INFORMATION YOU SIGN WHEN CHECKING IN. You are supposed to "declare you inventory" of personal items (such as a laptop) so that if this happens to you, it will not be your word against theirs. Our friends had their laptop wrapped up in a ski jacket and the jacket was under their bed. Some people will stop at nothing to steal from you......
The other downside to our stay was that everyone in our group, including friends we met at the hotel, were all SICK ! Sick with the worst intestinal pain / stomach cramps you could ever imagine! In fact, most all of us are still sick and those who have gone to the doctor have been told they have an INTESTINAL PARASITE !
Bottom line - I will not go back to this resort, but I will always have fond memories of the people who made our stay pleasant and enjoyable! Thank you Felipe, Wener, Jose, Pavel, The Entertainment Staff and Eliezey!
Faye from PA
P.S. If you get the opportunity, you should definitely do their 5pm Zumba class by the pool ! Its a GREAT time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Hotel Punta Cana
- Colonial Majestic Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Dominican Republic