We are quite seasoned travellers having been to quite a few of the islands and Mayan Riviera. Our expectations for this property were pretty much met as we usually book a 5 star or above property.
Location: The beach specific to our hotel was ok, the entrance was through a fair amount of rock so a poor swimmer would find it non-friendly. Not a bad commute from the airport on a nice air conditioned bus though.
Room: Very nice. We upgraded to the Junior Suite OceanFront with outdoor Jacuzzi and well worth it. Top of last building so looking right out onto the ocean. Bed was hard but comfortable. Safe did not work and even after three calls to front desk it was not even looked at. Fortunately we were with a group and could use someone else's safe. Having said that, we did leave money and stuff lying around and none was ever taken by the cleaning staff. Do not expect face clothes. Room was quiet. Do not expect restocking of mini bar with alcohol related elements unless you tip. Do not use water for anything but washing, in fact they have little signs on your taps telling you not to.
Resort staff: Front desk ok, certainly a step below what we have come to expect. Wait staff in the buffet and dining rooms were excellent. Very polite, helpful and cheerful. Bartenders varied and certainly improved on tips! Alex in the main bar was wonderful.
Food: If you can get over the fact that food may be washed or prepped in water that should not be drunk, the food was just ok. The buffet was probably the best from a size and variety that we have experienced however in general the food was not hot enough to be viewed as safe. The Japanese restaurant was excellent value, the rest just ok. The best of the rest being the Mexican / Dominican restaurant.
Wedding: The "chapel" was very nice, the private party area as well. The wedding officiant needs to learn to speak into the microphone since it is her job she should know how. We could hear the bride and groom perfectly so it was not the sound system.
Golf: Well worth it. The Nick Price course is excellent value, well maintained. Good greens, staff very helpful and service oriented.
Overall: Fair value for a four star. If you expect service level of a higher end resort, this one is not for you unless you want to tip every single time you interface with one of the staff. Food is four star for DR or slightly lower for overall Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Hotel Punta Cana
- Colonial Majestic Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Dominican Republic