This was our second visit to Punta Cana, and the previous one wasn't to the Majestic. We have two kids - almost 8 and almost 2 year olds.
What I liked the most about it (other than wonderful weather, sea, and white sand) were: absolutely terrific "river" pools with bridges; resort's plan (landscape, buildings) is very reasonable and convenient; beachfront organization, spacious room (no. 2221, basic one) with Jacuzzi (a lot of fan both for adults and especially kids), separate washroom and shower, two queen beds, one sofa, and even - extra crib (also big), and big balcony there; cleanness (both in the room and everywhere outside); truly friendly employees (e.g., Jose de la Rosa, reception people: Amado, Eunice, Benjamin, Tillmann, and most waiters and waitresses and care takers); food and drinks. It worth mentioning that Expedia Blue team did great job too (transfers to/from the airport, information), thank you.
I liked bars and music there too (especially the bar in the main lobby, lower level), but for apparent reason we could not explore and enjoy neither night life nor most day-time programs there in full (and we did not take part in any of many wedding ceremonies there too :)).
There was nothing serious to complain or regret about except for a few little things I did not quite like, such as: minor guts/stomach upsets (I would not blame hotel practices for these, but rather - sea/pool water, our kids' not clean hands, caribbean microflora, etc., so - just do not forget to bring some general purpose skin antiseptic and digestive help medicine on your trip and try to eat your breakfast and lunch rather sooner than later, e.g., at 12 instead 4 pm...); some barmen bothered me with Spanish, intentionally and knowingly making me feel somewhat uncomfortable (hey, I truly respect Spanish and DR, still - do not feel obligated to learn DR's history and language or make barmen happy, and by the way, we paid for service, weather, and joy only); sadly, kids can find many butts in the sand (hey smokers on the beach, you suck) :)
We had great vacation. We will return. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Hotel Punta Cana
- Colonial Majestic Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Dominican Republic