“Great service, beautiful beach, clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #17 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Madison
“Great service, beautiful beach, clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our family spent 6 days @ the Majestic Colonial. The service was very good. Lots of fun activities. Food was okay given it's an all-inclusive and you shouldn't expect 5-star dining. They added a special touch for Thanksgiving and had turkey which was nice. Our kids (7 & 9) thought the "foam party" in the pool was a blast. The music was for more of an adult crowd (it's a party, afterall) but likely nothing they haven't heard somewhere else before anyway :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.

The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home.

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,311)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in October with my husband and three kids (ages 6, 2, and infant) for four nights. There were some pros and cons so I'll try to detail them and hopefully this review will be helpful, particularly to those traveling with kids.
The resort grounds were beautiful. The room itself had a beautiful structure. However it was as if a beautiful hotel was built but not maintained. There was a little mould visible and it was pretty evident that deep cleaning was not a standard practice. The shower head and Jacuzzi jets were not working in the first room we had and so my husband contacted the front desk and they reluctantly offered to have us change rooms. It took an hour to send someone with a key and the room they took my husband to see was worse off than what we had. So they offered another room but when the attendant had my husband follow him to that room, he did not have the key to open it! But since it was late evening and we were already hungry and somewhat annoyed, we told front desk we would keep our original room for that night. We changed rooms late next afternoon, when someone showed up with a key nearly two hours after they said they would. We were offered nothing for the inconvenience. Note also that the second room had cleanliness issues such as stained linens so oh well. These minor annoyances didn't keep us from having a great time.
On the positive side, the beach was beautiful and my kids enjoyed the pools as well. We had no problems with beach chair availability and kids pretty much had kids club to themselves (just two slides and a pool but had a blast).
We only ate where kids were allowed and the best food was at the Japanese restaurant. Service was extremely slow but the staff was so courteous and food was great. The breakfast buffet was fantastic- especially the omelets. There was a large variety for my picky eaters.
Front desk staff aside because they seemed rather slow to service, the staff at this hotel is awesome. They work very hard as you often see the same folks early in the morning and late at night. They were always pleasant and seemed to enjoy their jobs. If food and drink service was slow at times, it was not for lack of effort on their part- perhaps they were just short handed.
My favourite day was the beach party day. Large variety of food and desserts and great music, dancing, and entertainment.
My kids had a great time and I would stay here again although will probably try someplace else on my very next trip to Punta Cana.

• Stayed October 2012
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment, we really appreciated it.
We feel very glad that you have such a great time among us in Majestic Colonial.

We thank you for to share your suggestions, they are very helpful. Be sure, we have taken note of all your comments.

If you are planning to visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact us. It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back!

Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just got back from a week long stay at the Majestic Colonial with my boyfriend and we had an awesome time! We did a lot of research of different resorts before going and chose this one based on its overall good reviews and features we wanted. We were not dissapointed. The resort grounds are immaculate, beautifully kept, lots of greenery and palm trees. The rooms are nice, we went with the basic room which is a junior suite with jacuzzi, no complaints only the maids are a little hit or miss with restocking the mini fridge and coffee. The pool is amazing, so long and beautiful, nice swim up bar. The food was good, the buffet was just okay, we liked all of the restaurants, the japanese cooking show was pretty neat and worth seeing. The beach was amazing, not crowded at all, could always find a shady spot close to the beach. The beach itself was quite nice, well kept, cleaned up daily, not ridden with sea weed/debris like some of the resorts we saw down the beach (the riu for example). We took a walk to the market way down the beach just past the iberostar and realized just how nice the beach at the majestic is in comparison to the other resorts on the way, the bahia principe seemed a bit crowded with less shady areas, the rius beach wasn't cleaned up, the iberostar was okay. There is coral reef just off the beach with lots of fish so be sure to take time to snorkel there, we never did until the day we left. The staff were always friendly and happy to see you. The michael jackson show is awesome, the dancers were amazing, the michael impersonator was spot on. When we return the punta cana we will definitely be staying here again :)

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I shared your positive comments with our staff and they were so pleased to have exceeded your expectations. We hope to have the pleasure in hosting you on a future vacation to Punta Cana.

One of the best satisfactions is to read that the most notable asset we have is the kindness and attention of our staff as this means that we have meet the most important principle of Majestic Colonial.

It is rewarding to receive compliments from our guests, and it would be even more rewarding to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Majestic Colonial.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was our first all inclusive. My wife and I traveled her to renew our wedding vows from November 10 to the 17, 2012. We were a group of 16 in total.

When we first arrived at about midnight on the 10th, the bus driver dropped us off at the Elegance side of the resort. This was no fault of the resort, but we asked them for water at the Elegance side and they never brought it. After, they told us to wait and they would call for another bus to get us. Finally, after a lot of waiting, we decided to walk and it turned out to be not that far, but they sent us down the road, when after being at the resort a few days, we realized that we could have been sent walking a much faster way through the complex rather than walking with suitcases on the road. At least they took my 74 year old mom and some of the luggage on the golf cart.

We checked in at the Majestic and the check in was quick and efficient. Our room was fantastic. We got an upgrade because of the wedding package and we got a walk room. We had a patio and jacuzzi outside and the pool was steps from our patio door. The only thing I didn't like about the room was that it was right near the ice machine and the elevators so we had a lot of noise from outside. We are fairly easy going so we just went with it. We had a plate of fruit and champagne waiting in the room for us and that was great. We headed out to the late night snack bar because we were hungry. They make hot dogs and hamburgers there. The burgers looked a little undercooked so we went back and got some Hot dogs and went to bed.

House Keeping was great and our room was cleaned daily. The open concept bathroom is interesting....lol. We found that if you ran the tap while in the toilet, it gave the additional needed privacy..:-). We did leave tips every day for the housekeeping staff and the tips in the fridge for water. We had fresh water and a clean room ever day. Our king size bed was pretty good, but we have a good one at home, so the hotels don't measure up.

IMPORTANT. The yellow towels in your room are for the beach and the pool. YOu have to hand them into the towel hut at the end of your stay and get a towel card, or bring the towels to the check or they charge you. You can exchange wet towels for dry ones anytime at the towel bar.

Food - The food was pretty good. The breakfast was the best and the chinese/japanese resto was excellent. Tip. They tell you that you need reservations for the Japanese resto, but that's only for the show. There are non reservations needed if you want to just sit and eat. The food here was great and very hot temperature wise. Many of us got a bit of a stomach bug and had to run to the washroom. My daughter had to get antibiotics when we came home and the rest of us had to take some imodium. Bring Imodium! My stomach problems lasted about 4 days. I think that it was most likely that we should have been washing our hands more often and especially before eating. Those buffets have a lot of spoons to dish out your food and many people touch them and there are lots of peeps with bad hygiene!

The beach and pool were amazing, the nightly entertainment was pretty decent. I really grew to love the Presidente beer too. The spa was great. The massages are awesome! My daughter also had her hair braided there as well.

The staff were great, especially if you make an effort to speak Spanish to them. For me, I thought that Guillamo was awesome at the omelet bar. Jhonathan (Coffee Boy) was fantastic, Joll was great and always helpful. Leo at the front desk was very helpful to me, as was Eunice. Andreina from the wedding section was amazing and made our wedding vow renewal a memorable occasion. Her planning and know how was great!

Do the Dolphin Island if you can. It's expesive but worth it.

All in all, we loved it, except for the stomach problems, but we made the best of it. The fantastic hot weather, beach, and pool made up for it...:-)

Room Tip: Room 2114 is a great room but right outside the ice machine and elevator. I would choose a room on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We wish you could visit us soon

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We read a lot of reviews before deciding our honeymoon location. We choose Majestic Colonial because of the many positive reviews and they didn't lie! We had great experience. Our ground floor room was spatious and clean. We went to the beach every day where (perhaps because of the time of year) we never had trouble finding chairs under an umbrella. We were entertained by the nights show. The service at the bars and restaurants was friendly and prompt. Best of all though, was the food; a wide variety and all was very tasty. We actually stuck to the buffet, rather than use the a la cartes, just to be able to have such choice when eating our meals. As honeymooners, we were given an extra special dinner as well. One of our best days though, was spent on an excursion with atvs/dune buggies. It was crazy fun; flying down dirt tracks and getting covered in mud, before ending at the beach to wash off! The only thing we could have asked for to be better was the service in our rooms; we would have liked to have it more promptly cleaned every day. Overall, though, a spot we would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms can be a bit noisy. The terracotta tiles and hallways make the noise of rolli...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is a truly pleasure know you had such a great time with us and decide to share your experience in Majestic Colonial with others tripadvisor members. We consider the satisfaction of our clients our primary goal; your opinion is essential to the continuous improvement and maintenance of the quality of our service.
We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our arrival was problematic, but all was resolved quickly and turned into a very pleasant 4-day stay. Accolades go to the hard-working, always friendly staff. I am not a fan of laying on beaches or staying in large hotels, much less all-inclusive ones. I was wary of bad food and herding. But neither proved to be the case. Though I am not a picky eater in terms of variety, I do like quality. This hotel had good food, hands down. As for the fear of being one among hundreds, the staff took particular care in making one feel at home. Despite the 1,700 plus maximum capacity, we always felt well taken care of.

When we arrived we were upgraded to a newer "club" level wing. Unfortunately, it was a construction site. Though the rooms were elegant, the noise during the day was considerable. The staff fully understood, apologized profusely, and more than made it up for through their personalized approach. My guess is that as of early December 2012, the wing will be complete. I also felt the "gourmet" restaurant lacked atmosphere, though once again the congenial staff more than made up for this. While on the beach, I had an opportunity to visit a couple other 5 star all-inclusive places where friends were staying, including the Iberostar and Bavaro Barcelo. I would put our hotel a full star ahead.

Dear Guest,

The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home.

New York City, New York

My husband and I had arranged a vacation at the Majestic Hotel back in
May, 2012. However, the day after we arrived, we received a phone call that
our grandson was on the way. Our daughter-in-law had gone into labor 2-1/2
weeks early. Naturally we were frantic to get home. Francisco, the assistant
manager, went out of his way to assist us. I was on the phone for almost 3 hours
trying to get a return flight. Francisco arranged for us to use his phone, and
sent someone over with water, in an efort to calm us down.
Our grandson is now 6 months old, and we decided to return to the Majestic
to finish our vacation. When we went to thank Francisco, he told us he actually
remembered us. Our vacation this time went by without any problems. As a matter
of fact, we were treated like royalty. We were given a "romantic dinner" at the
seafood restaurant and had a delicious dinner on the balconey. We received
complimentary canapes delivered to our room every night.
The entire staff was very helpful and cordial. We have every intention of making
a return trip. Hopefully, this time we will be able to bring along our grandson and
the immediate family.

Room Tip: We requested a "swim-up" room which allowed us to sit outside our room and relax while en...

Cordially

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!