“Raymond Blue, Dicaprio, and Ginger MADE OUR week vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Syracuse, New York
“Raymond Blue, Dicaprio, and Ginger MADE OUR week vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Raymond Blue, Dicaprio, and Ginger are three of the resort staff/recreation team that truly made our entire week. These guys work from 9 am till midnight everyday and literally did it all.... danced, sang, ran activities, got the guests engaged, but most importantly, made every guest feel like they were VIP. Not to mention, they ALWAYS did everything with a contagious smile on their face! From the first day, we started building a relationship with these three and by the end of the week they made it extremely difficult to leave!! They went OUT of there way to make sure we had chairs around the pool, to make sure we were having fun, and to make everyday better than the day before. I don't know how the promotion process works at vacation resorts, but these three should definitely be considered by management for any available opportunity.

Room Tip: The resort needs to do some upgrades to the rooms in general, however, they were clean and the clean...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,320)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My husband and I traveled for the first time together out of country to Dreams Punta Cana. The first day checking in was a little hectic because we were both sick and unsure how everything worked. The bell man was trying to take our luggage and we heard another couple say they hadn't seen their luggage in two hours, so we kindly asked the bell man that we keep our luggage with us. That was not a big deal at all. My husband and I were then escorted to the preferred club check in. Check in was very smooth and simple and Adrian the preferred club bartender helped us with great drinks! Since we were sick we just ordered room service to eat for our first night. The food can fast, hot, and delicious! Our room always stayed stocked with towels, snacks, and drinks. Our room was well cleaned every day and our bed was turned down every night with tomorrow's activited and chocolates. The pool and beach areas were well maintained and the staff was always very friendly.

Now some tips... Yes you are going to a tropic area, it will be humid and warm and the room AC does not work as well as it does in your own home! Even turned all the way down our room stayed at 75/78 temp. BRING BUG SPRAY!!! We made sure to read tips provided on trip advisor.. We brought plenty of sunscreen and big spray. If you have to buy it at the resort it is expensive. Hello! They know you will forget it and you need it, so they up charge you. So bring the SPF And bug spray!

You are also on the Atlantic side of the beach. Some days the water was calmer and bluer, other days more waves and darker... But still very beautiful! There is kelp/seaweed that washes us. Get past it and the water is amazing and fun to wade in!

I highly recommend going preferred club! The staff; Patry and Adrian were amazing. Adrian made the best drinks at the preferred club bar, and was always very friendly and helpful. Patry is one of the main staff in the preferred club. My husband and I had an issue with our safe and Patry stayed on top of everything to make sure our safe was unlocked for us, so we could make our excursion. She came to our room and called management several times to make sure everything was done in a timely manner. She made a very stressful situation very calm for us.

The staff go above and beyond for all the guest and were all very outgoing and friendly. You will not pass a staff member that does not say hello to you.

Please consider this resort! Very family friendly and honeymooner friendly! Great food, great staff, great pool and beaches! We will be returning to dreams Punta Cana!!!!

• Stayed September 2014
Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our first trip to Dreams, but our friends third trip. Now we know why......FANTASTIC people, food and entertainment. Starting with the people, from the moment you arrive you are surrounded by nothing but smiles. The three groups I will mention are the food service people, the entertainment team, and of course the pool bar crew. Yoangel and Jennifer from food service quickly became our favorites and we ate wherever they were working. Their excellent service to our group of Eight was more than expected. The Entertainment Team keep you "HAPPY" all day long. Honorable mentions and must meets are; Eddie Murphy, Angelina Villa, and of cousre "my boy Blue". I cannot say enough about the drink service at the swim up pool bar Randy was excellent and the drinks were perfect. If you are looking to be pampered than this is the place to go. The facilities were excellent, the atmosphere amazing, and the price was extremely reasonable. Everyone of us enjoyed the trip and are planning for next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and not affected by the activity around them.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We Went to Dreams on the week of Sept. 7-14th 2014. This was a trip we will never forget!! The hotel and the gardens are beautiful. The best part is the staff!!! they are so friendly and the Entertainment Team make you feel right at home. Felix, Shaggy, James, Angelyne, and Paola, we miss you all! Our room was kept spotless by Yenni everyday!! We always had a drink by our sides thanks to Maribel. We can't say enough about the way we were looked after by the team at the preferred club, including Adrian behind the bar!! Our room was a honeymoon suite, with a large king bed, separate seating area, hot tub on the balcony, and great view of the resort. The food here is amazing! When you go to the buffet ask for Jose and Emmauel, and say 'Hi' to Simon. they helped making our stay the best ever!!

Room Tip: I would recommend going as a preferred club member. The little extra cost is worth it!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My first time to the DR and Dreams Resort is fabulous! Met by Victor who took care of our bags and the concierge, Alberto, helped throughout our stay whenever we had a question. Whenever we seen Alberto though out our trip he would ask if there was anything we needed. A truly beautiful hotel and excellent staff. This resort will be recommended to friends. It is more beautiful than the pictures I see online.

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any bad rooms.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I came down there last year for a wedding in November and had a blast. The recreation team there were all great and I loved how friendly they were, the basket-ball games we played with some of the staff was fun. Volanta was especially great, he is the man! There restaurants were good, the service was great and friendly, and the rooms were awesome, clean and comfy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My daughter and I arrived right at check in time with reservations for four nights in a swim out room. We were told it wasn't ready so we went to eat. Came back and were told there were no swim out rooms with two double beds so we would have to take another room but they would upgrade us to preferred club. I explained that I knew what preferred club was and had chosen swim out on purpose over preferred club but they made me sign a form agreeing to the "upgrade"and told us we had to go the preferred club office at the other end of the resort to get our key cards changed . We go to change our cards and were supposed to get free WiFi passes but they only had one password slip and told us to come back in an hour. In our room we find not a single towel or beach towel. Maid says five minutes so as we wait we change to go to pool and discover the safe doesn't work so we call desk and ask for towels and someone to fix safe. This was actually done in a timely manner but by now the beach towel hut is closed so we have to walk back to preferred and get our other WiFi slip and ask for beach towels.....our special key does not work and someone has to leave us into club so we wait while they try and fix keys and instead they tell us we us we will have to carry two keys each instead of one. We finally make it into pool right before it is closing. After that we wondered how the rest of the trip could possibly go. Luckily the staff (other than the front desk staff which I had no luck with at all) were all great and made our stay very comfortable and fun. A special shout out to Angel and Daniel at the barracuda swing bar at the pool. They were awesome and always had a smile, kind word and were very efficient and willing to make anything we ordered. They kept my daughter Alyssa entertained the last day when I was sick. The food was good. We were pleased with almost everything we had. The pool was awesome. We spent a great deal of time floating in it because it was so hot and humid I think we were even sweating in the pool! The only bad part about the pool was the music. They played the same songs over and over and over till you wanted to scream....there are millions of songs out there so mix it up a little please! The beach and ocean were just ok. It was my eighth trip in 10 years to the Caribbean and we have always had a better beach. I just happen to be a beach person so I was a little bummed. Even when we did sit at the beach the diesel tractor they use to cart the seaweed away was noisy and smelly so we spent more time at the pool than we ever had on other trips. Evenings were pretty laid back but we did end up dancing to the live music one night and enjoyed ourselves but most nights we were beat from the sun and heat. Only went to one show but didn't stay long. It was pretty cheesy. The mosquitoes were bad but not something they can completely control although they sprayed and sprayed! The hostess' kept a can of bug spray at their station to spray you before sitting outside to eat. The rooms were nice and kept clean and air worked ok but bathrooms could use a better shower and more light. Iff the beach had been nicer and the first day would have gone better I would say we would definitely return but as of this review I am not sure if I would. Thanks again to Angel and Daniel and the pool waitresses for being so pleasant and enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!