“Excelente! The operative word at this resort.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Dreams Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #46 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Excelente! The operative word at this resort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My friend and I visited Dreams PC and we stayed for 6 nights until July 18. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The food is excellent (although I ate at the Italian restaurant and didn't find the food there that great). The World Cafe has everything you may want to eat and its very tasty. The beach is wonderful with a great support staff. Especially the guy who keeps saying "I love my job". He knows who he is! The rooms are beautifully decorated and we loved the fact that our beds were turned down for us every evening. There is a roster of activities that's hard to keep up with, but I loved it. We had entertainment on a nightly basis which was loads of fun. I wonder sometimes when these young people rest, they are ALWAYS around. Dreams is fortunate to have a group of young, talented, hard-working individuals at their resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

5,634 people have reviewed this hotel

2026
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,229)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family, mother in law and mother stayed there for a week this July 2014. We had a good stay. However, having been to Iberostar Bavaro in the past I couldn't t help but compare the two. The checking was much longer and chaotic at Dreams, it took over an hour standing in line, having only one person ahead of us. There was no welcoming drinks, unlike at Iberostar, that was a bit disappointing. But the bar was next to the reception, so we got our own drinks. Speaking about drinks, I am not a big drinker, usually two fruity drinks at a restaurant and I am out for the count. At Dreams, the drinks had basically no alcohol, because I could down six one after the other, and not feel anything. So if you want alcohol, stick to beers. I have to add that the nightly entertainment was much more evolved and developed at Iberostar and went on longer. However, Dreams have more bars opened at night.
Dreams PC has an AWESOME pool, and their grounds are really beautiful. The beach is nice, but the ocean is pretty rough. It is a great place for families with small children, as you have the Explorer club, which basically babysit your kids for free until 9:30pm daily.
However, I found that Iberostar Bavaro has superior service, welcome drinks, better entertainment, better and larger rooms, and their drinks have alcohol; although I do think that the restaurant food is better at Dreams. The food might be better at Dreams, but the restaurant service is horrible, one dinner at the Sea Side grill took 2 1/2hrs, we sat for 30 minutes before someone got our drink orders, and another half hour to get our drinks; and it was not even that busy. Same thing at the buffet, there are a multitude of waiters and waitresses, and yet no one is attentive, we had to get all our juices ourselves. We were lucky if we were able to grab one staff to get us coffee or water. Extremely disorganized service, as far as the wait staff. The difference with Iberostar, is that people remembered you and what you liked, they were more attentive, service oriented and met our needs regularly.

My experience at Dreams PC (it might be different for others based on their experiences) is that the staff is inefficient and not well coordinated. The service is sporadic, and there is no system. For instance, our room was never cleaned before 4pm (in spite of leaving a daily tip), we never had any decorations on our bed. However, my mother's room in building 5 was not only cleaned early, but they had daily decorations/flowers/and towels arrangements. We were supposed to have slippers in our rooms, ours had none, my mother's room had one pair in spite of 3 people in there.
At the beach, one day we had a great waitress, I think her name was Ruth; she continuously saw that we got drinks. Another day, we had another waitress, young and not friendly at all. We were on the beach from 11am to 4pm, and not once did she ask if we needed a drink. My husband had to go twice to get our drinks. That waitress is also at times at the Barracuda bar, she is not a pleasant person at all. On the other hand, most of the male bartenders are very friendly and super nice.

To sum up, although we had a good time, I would not go back to Dreams due to inconsistencies in service and the above. Some of the staff was friendly and nice, but it should not be some, it should be everyone. In my opinion, I think the staff needs training and management needs to be more involved. The spa experience was great, and our beach dinner was also very good. But then again, service there was not the best. We paid $250 for a romantic dinner on the beach for 2, we started with champagne, and the waiter added white wine to our glasses with still champagne in it. If this is your first trip to a Punta Cana all inclusive, you may not know the difference....

Room Tip: Having a swim up room was great, and well worth the extra $40/day. Buildings 1-5 have rooms right ne...
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I travelled to Dreams Punta Cana as part of a family destination wedding. Initially we were not thrilled as the Dominican Republic is not a place we would choose at that time of year due to no direct flights (out of season for us).
I read the reviews on trip advisor and there were some scathing reviews about the resort so with trepidation we headed off on the trip.

From the moment we arrived at the resort all of our worries went away. We were cheerfully greeted with a drink at the bar in the lobby after the journey (half an hour from the airport). Our valet took us to the preferred club lounge to be briefed about our stay, cold towels were refreshing and well received, it was fairly humid and we were still in our travel clothes.
The room was as we expected, not top quality (the room furnishings were a little tired) but comfortable and spacious nonetheless, with a king size bed per our request (We have had problems getting our king size bed request met in other resort hotels) How much time do you spend in your room anyway with all of those poolside loungers and great beach outside?

The staff are very friendly. The restaurants are very good and every meal we had was well prepared and nicely served. Our favourite restaurant was Bordeaux - a French themed restaurant with a dress code of long trousers/pants for men so it was never busy. We actually liked this as you could hear your conversation instead of shouting above the noise. The breakfast buffet at the World Cafe had every breakfast choice you could ever want.

The paella served at lunchtime down on the beach was fantastic, made right there in a big pan it was worth getting in a small line for. The burgers at the pool and beach were incredibly good too.

We liked the preferred club as you could use the lounge throughout the day, breakfast, appetizers and a nice little bar. Preferred club gives you access to a private area on the beach with fantastic four poster bed type loungers, comfortable and no vendors hassling you.

The gym was really well equipped and I used it daily (except for the day after the wedding...)

We didn't go to the entertainment but others said how professional it was and they enjoyed it.

One thing that was a little off-putting is the aggressiveness of some of the jewellery vendors who ply their wares in the resort grounds on a Saturday afternoon/night - they were tenacious to a fault.

All in all it was a really good experience, the pool is very big with no shortage of loungers, there's also a swim up bar which is a bit noisy but some people were there all day long and loved it. Whatever you like be it noise or quiet there's something for everyone.

A pretty place and if it didn't take two flights (9 hours total) I would be going again.

Room Tip: Definitely go with a preferred club suite type of room if you can, spacious with an outdoor jacuzzi...
North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I went with my husband, 3 children and in-laws July 2014. It was perfect!! Very family oriented, lots of stuff for the kiddos to do. The staff was amazing and went out of their way to make sure you had everything you needed. We would definitely stay here again!! Mr Volanta of the entertainment staff was super friendly and has fun games for the family to enjoy!! We miss you already!!

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing the pool its a nicer view than the rooms in the back.
Dear guest,

Greeting from Dreams Punta Cana Resort & SPA.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to know it was a wonderful one. It was a pleasure to host you and offer you the exceptional service you deserve and we are highly known for.

We appreciate your feedback very much, and it serves as motivation for our team. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination in the Dominican Republic.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Best Regards,

Wildwood, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just returned home on July 17 after a 7-night stay at the Dreams Punta Cana. It was our first "all inclusive" vacation with our 3 kids. We had a great time. The perfect balance of activity and relaxation for each one of us. My husband and I spent more time on the beach, while my kids balanced their time between the beach and the Core Zone. Let's start there - The Core Zone is AMAZING!! While it is designated as a place for 13-17 year olds, anyone is allowed to be there. My kids are 12 years old and the Explorer's Club (3-12 year olds) was too juvenile for them (though we spoke with other guests with younger children who had only positive things to say about it). In addition to all the fun things to do in the Core Zone (tennis, basketball, pool tables, foosball, archery, disco, table tennis, video games), the entertainment staff made sure the kids had a fun time, especially Drake! Drake was like a big brother to my kids. He seemed to genuinely enjoy spending time with them and my kids looked forward to seeing him every day. In fact, they went to the core zone every night after dinner, giving my husband and me some well needed quiet time! Drake and the Core Zone were the difference maker on our trip.

Staff - in one word - EXCELLENTE! We fell in love with the Dominicans - they are beautiful people, inside and out. They went out of their way to make sure everyone is having a good time. Special shout outs to Guillermo in Oceana, Randy in World Cafe, all the bartenders, Rosario, Milena and Alexis in the Preferred Club and last, but certainly not least, the maid service provided by Paulina Jimenez.

Food - delicious! And a pleasant surprise. I always heard that food at an all-inclusive isn't great - not true at Dreams Punta Cana. Yes, there were a few items that weren't my favorite, but that was far outpaced by the food I did enjoy. The only negative I would say is that there is relatively little seafood. Aside from a few fish options and some sushi rolls, there wasn't much offered. I would have expected more in the way of shrimp, crab, lobster, etc.

Entertainment - there is a whole staff dedicated to FUN. There are coordinated activities every day. So, if you don't want to vege out and want to keep active, there is plenty to do. You get a communique each evening that outlines the details for the next day. One thing that took us almost our whole trip to figure out was the auction - you get "funny money" for participating in and winning events. Then they have auctions every other day for you to bid on merchandise. Nothing major, but it's fun. T-shirts, hats, rum - all fun. There is also a live show nightly in the open air auditorium. It's not Vegas quality, but it's good and fun. My kids enjoyed the Magic show and the Circus (which was an amateur version of Cirque du Soleil).

Beach - beautiful! They have 20 cabanas that are reserved for the Preferred Club guests. They have a policy of "no reserving chairs / cabanas" but you will still get those people who ignore it. In any case, we did not have trouble getting one when we were ready. We are somewhat early risers, though. If you get down there by 10am you shouldn't have a problem. Oh, and the service in the PC area on the beach was awesome too! I can't recall the name of the gentleman who worked that area, but he was wonderful! One thing to note - the resort sits on the Atlantic side of the island. This means WAVES. We were expecting the glass-like stillness of the Caribbean. We had a red flag one day, yellow most of the others - I think we may have had 2 days with a green flag.

Resort - absolutely gorgeous. I loved that they preserved the authentic style of the Dominican. The grounds are pristine with lots of photo opportunities. Speaking of which, they have photographers that walk around throughout the day. You can view your pictures in the main lobby - if you like something you can buy it for a relatively nominal fee ($10 / digital image). You can also schedule a photo shoot - no charge for the shoot, only pay for pictures you wish to keep.

Rooms - this is the only area I wouldn't rate as high. We booked the 2BR Master Suite, which is very large and worked perfect for my family. The A/C worked hard to keep up, but it always caught up in time for us to be able to sleep well. There was a foul smell (septic) in the kids bedroom that would come and go throughout the week. Maintenance came multiple times to try to figure out where it was coming from, to no avail. But since we had the large suite, most of their time spent in the room was on our side and they didn't seem to notice the smell much after the first day (or at least didn't let it bother them). There are no dressers in the rooms. There is some shelving in the closet if you want to unpack vs. living out your bag, depending on how much you bring. Our suite had a bar that had shelving in it, so my kids were able to use that as a make-shift dresser. On our first night, however, we didn't get the room category we booked. We were told there was a maintenance issue preventing our check-in. We were very skeptical about this explanation, but the resort management team worked hard to make amends with us. We ended up spending our first night in a lower category 2BR Family Suite - which was about half the size of the 2BR Master. It was on the ground floor with a "tropical view". The A/C worked very well (in fact, I froze the first night) but the smell was a little musty. It's so humid in DR that I think it just goes with the territory.

All in all, it was a great experience - one that I highly recommend to families.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 1 are the only ones with true ocean view. The pool and gardens are gorgeous, thou...
Dear guest,

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana Resort & SPA.

Thanks for the time you have dedicated to share your experience. We are glad to know you and your family had a wonderful vacation with us and were so satisfied with the different aspects of the resort, such as the beauty of the grounds and the food served at the restaurants, as well as with the exceptional service provided by our staff, especially the ones you mention. They will be flattered to realize they have made your stay extra special.

We appreciate your feedback and strongly believe there should always be room improvement. As a service oriented resort, our goal is to go beyond guests' expectations. Thank you for allowing us the chance to enhance our overall quality in order to offer you the best in services and facilities. Your comments are extremely important us and will be shared with the corresponding departments. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm Regards,

Kernersville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The entertainment team really made the trip for me. James, Carlos, Yadira, Paola, and Anyelina quickly became my good friends and were so much fun the entire week! Everyday I looked forward to 3 o'clock when they would come to the beach for activities and then for 8:30 when we would merengue and bachata at the bar! I'm so thankful they were at the resort and were so kind and outgoing! Like I said before they made the trip for me!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana Resort & SPA.

We appreciate the time you have taken you share your experience. It has been a pleasure to have you, and we are glad to know you had an amazing time with the Entertainment crew.

Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination. Our goal is to deliver exceptional experiences, and your kind words serve as motivation for our team.

Kind Regards,

Robbinsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The entire staff at Dreams want your vacation to be Excelente!! And that shows in every step of your vacation, with everyone you meet! Upon arrival, our family of 5 (2 adults and kids 15,12 & 10) were met with cold, refreshing towels and drinks. That was very welcomed after traveling! Check in was smooth. The connecting rooms were perfect with balconies over looking the pool and partial view of the ocean! Service was wonderful and can't say enough about how the staff really aimed to please! Concierge's were actually walking up to you (poolside) and making sure that you were having the best possible vacation. The fresh fruit kabob station on the trail to the pool was an afternoon hit with the kids! The Cookout station poolside (burgers/hot dogs) was great for the teen that didn't want to leave his beach chair. The Barefoot Grill on the beach was even more amazing with the views of the beach and of course....very delicious and fresh steak/chicken tacos or hotdogs/burgers. Restaurants do get busy at the typical dinner hour so just grab a drink, bring a game and enjoy meeting new people around you. The hair braiding (Noemi) at the beach was such a hit with our daughter!! This is a great vacation. Restaurants were great, activities for kids/families, excursions available, amazing beach and incredible staff!! Only have been home 3 days and can't wait to return!!!

Room Tip: If you need your family or group together, please note that there are many buildings in this resort...
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time you share your Dreams experience, we are pleased to know it was a wonderful one. It was a pleasure hosting you and it makes us extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation time so much, especially the food, pool and the exceptional service provided by our staff.

Thank you for choosing our resort, and for providing feedback. Your comments are very important to us. As a service oriented company, we aim to go beyond our guests' expectations.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
econcierge.drepc@dreamsresorts.com

Been to Dreams Punta Cana? Share your experiences!