We traveled at the end of February with two adults and two children.
Pros: the beach is gorgeous and the pool is awesome. Drinks were generally very good. The grounds were beautiful and very well maintained. We were in the preferred club and we felt it was worthwhile because we got to enjoy breakfast each morning at Oceana while overlooking the beautiful ocean. For me, this was a highlight of the trip.
Cons: services everywhere was slow, at all bars and restaurants. Several times in the buffet restaurant we were not even offerred anything to drink. The food is average.
Best part of the trip: the Explorer's Club for kids. Our five year old had the time of her life. Jenny, Evelin, Carmen and Maria were fantastic and our five year old preferred their company to ours all week.
Worst part of the trip: the hotel rooms. The rooms are very outdated and in bad need of a renovation. Or at least a fresh coat of paint and a sprucing up. There was also a musty mildewy smell. However, the air conditioning worked very well and our room was always cool. We spent little time in the room so it didn't impact us greatly, but we felt the room quality was disappointing.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.