“Everything Great, Except...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Dreams Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #47 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto
“Everything Great, Except...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Really, really thought the resort was good. The food was excellent, especially at the a la carte restaurants, that required no pre-booking. All the bars were great, drinks fine...beach and pool service was really good. The room we had was a ground floor facing the pool (not swim-out). It was fine, very clean and everything worked. Our only criticism of the place was the swimming. The pool was too shallow to do any serious swimming, and it was also quite cold (mid-January). The roped off swimming area at the beach was not particularly safe, with lot's of sandy 'ledges' making the depth change suddenly and drastically. We felt very unsafe because the waves were huge with very, very strong under tows. This is definitely not a safe swimming area for families with children. Each and every day of our 1 week vacation was a red flag day. We will have to choose somewhere else next time, in order to enjoy the ocean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pascal M, Manager at Dreams Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana. We are very happy that you took the time to post your comments and we are glad to see that we met your expectations.

As for the beach we know that the sea as been a little agitated during your stay and by having a natural beach sand does get pulled away in some places. Also if you noticed our beach board we have one part that is not allowed for swimming since we have a rocky coral formation with sea life.

Thanks again for your comments and do not hesitate in contacting me before your next visit.

5,584 people have reviewed this hotel

2003
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,212)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
somerset nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just returned from Dreams Resort and Spa in Punta Cana. It was one of the best vacations I have ever gone on. The resort was beautiful, the food was great and gthe staff was the most courteous I have ever seen. The shows at night were great. I would certainly recommend this resort to anyone. The way they laid out the pool area was fantastic

Room Tip: get a room on the first floor in bldg 3 or 4
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Pascal M, Manager at Dreams Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana, first of all thanks for taking the time to post your comments and we hope that we can have a chance to have you back with us.

have a pleasant day

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just got back from spending a week there with my boyfriend. We attended our friends wedding while we were there. Compared to other hotels we have stayed at (Mexico, Cuba) this was by far the best. Things we loved:
- The pool. It is huge and there are tons of lounge chairs. Yes, sometimes it was hard to get one but we always ended up with one.
- The food. There was so many restaurants to choose from and all of the food was delicious. The world buffet was extremely impressive- tons of choices beautifully presented.
- The beach. Beautiful. Our friends got married on the beach and it was the most perfect backdrop. Loved it!
- The staff. I read some reviews on here about how people felt the staff were disappointing. We never felt this way, They were so friendly and polite, and to everything you ask for they respond `my pleasure`. We were very impressed. The entertainment staff was also great, we had lots of fun with them!
Overall, we were 100% satisfied with our vacation at Dreams, and I would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana.

First of all thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay. We are very happy to see that we met your expectations and that you could have a great experience with our staff. We take great pride in making that our guests have a wonderful stay.

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our 10 night stay at Dreams, which included our wedding and honeymoon! We had 10 people travel with us and everyone had an amazing trip!! I cannot say enough about the resort and staff. They all went above and beyond to make sure us, and our guests were comfortable and having a great time!

Food- absolutely amazing everywhere we went. Make sure you try all the restaurants!! The portions are a bit small but soooo yummy. So just order more if your still hungry :) Drinks were always made to order and we were never disappointed. All bartenders had the best attitudes and if they didn't have a type of liquor we were asking for they went to another bar to get it for us!!
All bartenders and wait staff rocked!!!
Rooms- very comfortable and clean! We had guests in buildings 4, 7, and 9 and no one had any complaints. The honeymoon suits were spectacular. PS beds are super comfy, not the usual hard beds.
Staff- THE BEST!!!!! everywhere we went the staff was saying hello, how are you, and EXCELLENTE! :) The workers, entertainment, and wedding staff, you name it they were great!!
Hotel grounds- Perfect!! Cannot say one bad thing. They are definitely NOT run down. I cannot understand how people can say this. Everywhere is gorgeous and super clean!! PS.. flamingos and peacocks roaming the grounds!!! so cool :)

We had our wedding in the gazebo which was breath taking! Our reception was in the portofino terrace and every staff member went ABOVE all of our expectations. Our wedding coordinator was Deyanira and I cannot say enough good things about her! If you plan on having your wedding here I highly suggest you ask for her :) She did more than what we asked for and made sure everything went perfect from beginning to end!

All in all, we had the most amazing trip, and my husband and I have been to many all- inclusive resorts, 5 being in punta cana. DREAMS is the place to go!!! :)

Room Tip: We loved our honeymoon suite in building 7, 3rd floor! Very quiet, AC worked great, and amazing view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Newlyweds

First of all we wanna thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of such a special moment in your life. We take great care in our weddings to make sure that everything is perfect and we are happy that this event met your expectations.

We hope to see you next year for your first year anniversary.

Sylvan Lake, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Dreams Punta Cana from January 16-30 for a wedding. It was the best wedding I ever went to. Saying that I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone, it is very tired and in need of a major renovation. We spent the extra money for a swim out room and we were not impressed. We were moved once and it wasn't any better in the next room. For the money we paid to stay at Dreams I expected way more.

Dear Guest

Greetings from Punta Cana and thanks you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your stay,

We are sorry that we could not meet your expectations with our rooms. We have different types of rooms and i am sure that if you would have mentioned this during your stay we could have found something to please you.

Lake Orion, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The resort was ok, I've been to many all inclusives and this one by far was the most disappointing....the entertainment staff was lame and seemed to have no interest in being there, they seemed almost miserable, they were not fun and did not engage in fun activities with the guest, the night entertainment was horrible.... The food was pretty good, the staff and food were the best at the japanese steakhouse. otherwise the lines were long and the wait staff were often rude... the buffet was the same all week and got old...the hotel was very dated it was cleaned everyday and was always picked up, but you could tell it has no upgrades... the rooms had a moist musty smell, and the most disappointing was the joke of the promotion they gave you for booking....200 dollar credit was a mear you spend 80 will give u 5 dollars off.....no thanks i think i spent enough here!!!! Overall beside the credit money as a promotion of $200 for booking i didnt spend, being very irritating... the staff was the worst, they all just seemed MISERABLE

Room Tip: dont waste your money
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sudbury Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been to Dreams Punta Cana before. And I have reviewed Dreams Punta Cana before as well. So I won't repeat my previous [glowing] endoresements here, other than to say ... once again! ... that Dreams Punta Cana lived up to my expectations for this special 60th Birthday Trip for my sister. And do you know what made her birthday trip to Dreams so special? THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT DREAMS! Right from the top down, management to Club staff to waiters to housekeepers and everyone in between, the fact that they all made the effort and took the time to make this a memorable birthday for "Maggie" ... and, trust me, she won't forget this special birthday vacation at Dreams for a very long time! My family and I are most appreciative. (I have attached some photos of this very special occasion which will speak for themselves.)

Room Tip: If you want upgraded services and "Club" rooms then I / we certainly suggest booking in th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Punta Cana? Share your experiences!