Pros: the beach is nice, bed was comfortable.
Cons, If you want internet, its not owned by the hotel. Some guy owns the network that only accepts cash (no room charges, no credit cards) and only during business hours (lunch is not a business hour for him). And he's a 10 minute walk so not getting it done in one trip is very inconvenient.
Also, although food drinks and tips are included, there are people everywhere trying to get you to spend more on this or that (even in the building). For me I felt like I was at a flea market with everyone trying to sell me thing.
They were driving this small pick up around the property with a guy in the back with a facemask. There was fog or smoke going everywhere so thick you couldn't see. I don't know if they had the worst exaust problem ever or if they were spraying for mosqitoes.
I would ask but most people here don't speak very good English. I don't expect them to since we're not in the US. But it does mean I don't know what was coming out of that truck. Fnding "building 2" is challenging enough.
Last, there's no desert on the room service menu. I just wanted to check email and eat ice cream, what's so wrong with that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic