“Dreams at Dreams” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Ottawa,ON
“Dreams at Dreams”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at Dreams from Nov 17-24. Great hot weather.
1hr away from the airport. Stayed in 2107, swim out room.
The room was very basic.
The sheets on the bed were disgusting. They just lie a sheet over the bed, it doesn't have elastic to cover the mattress!
The pool was BEAUTIFUL, like a long river, tons of palm tree's, places where there were chairs in the pool. The pool is 3ft deep everywhere. Large swim up bar at the ocean end.
The food was great, this is in comparison with Cuba and a Jamaican 3.5 *. I enjoyed eating at the buffet for every meal. I did have to take the odd immodium, not sure if that was from the food/water or from drinks.
Can't comment on the beach, didn't spend anytime there other than the wedding I attended and the sand was nice and soft.
The staff was great. The people who made my trip were Blindy at the pool bar and Henri at the Disco. Loved seeing their smiling faces everyday and their prompt service.

One piece of advice I would give the hotel is to put pop at the waiter/waitress stands in the buffet so they they don't have to walk all the way to the mexican restaurant for pop. Many times I'd order 2 or 3 times and get nothing. I resorted to bringing my own drinks into the buffet.

Room Tip: Buildings 1,2,3,4 1st level will most likely be swim out. Open your door, walk down the grass about...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,457)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you buy your clothing from Target, then you will like The Dreams Resort. Not that there's anything wrong with Target, it's just middle of the road. I found the facilities overall to be well maintained, although the room we had never did cool off. We reported the A/C issue multiple times to staff but they never could resolve it. Finally we just learned to live with it. The other members of our group had rooms that did cool. Housekeeping did a good job of keeping the room clean and towels replenished. The grounds crew kept facility spotless. All of the staff were friendly and very courteous. The food was average to poor. Like a cruise on Carnival, there was plenty of it, just none of it tasted very good. The restaurants that served you were slow and food arrived cold. Our group left one restaurant after waiting close to two hours for the food to arrive. By far the worse aspect of the experience was the dining and food quality. The bars did not skimp on the alcohol in the drinks, but they did not carry top shelf brands. We paid the extra to be "preferred members" which entitled you to access to private bar which carried better brands, but consistently ran out. The other privilege of being a " preferred member" was access to Oceanana Restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Definitely not worth the extra cost. A few members of our group experienced stomach problems, which in conversation with other guests at the resort found out this was a common problem. We were careful not to drink any water that wasn't from a bottle. The issue, in my opinion, was more to do with the lack of sanitizing the glasses in the bars. The bartenders simply rinsed the glasses out, spreading germs. In summary, I would not go back to this property again nor would I suggest it to my friends. If you don't expect a high quality experience, then this place will meet your needs fine.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hotel pool is the only nice thing about this resort. Rooms are NOTHING like the pictures. Very dirty...stained mattresses...ill fitting sheets...mold in bathroom...chipped furniture...water stains on ceiling and walls. Switched rooms after first night due to lack of cleanliness and second room wasn't much better (although it seemed brighter because it overlooked the pool.)Would never recommend staying here to anyone. Some staff were friendly but most were not. Huge language barrier. Very disappointed in this "resort" which is really more of a motel with a nice pool.

Room Tip: Request a pool view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic two week holiday, everything was perfect, food, staff, service, entertainment. Not one bad thing to say we stayed from 5th - 22nd November. The airport was an hours drive. Certainly no tampons in the pool, the staff were cleaning the pool every morning and night. Amazing amazing amazing. Where these people get these bad reviews from I have no idea clearly can please everyone.

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The BEST ENTERTAINMENT STAFF!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I felt welcome the minute I stepped on the resort. Begining with Carlos, who alawys asked if there was anything we needed anytime we would see him. The dining room staff greated us every morning and the waiters in all restaurants made us feel so welcome.

The room was a bit small and i soaked the floor a couple of times because the shower was half glass not extending the full tub. But I wasnt spending that much time in my room to even make that count.
The power went out but everyone went on as business as usual and were very helpful, if i could recommend emergency flashlight in rooms or to hand out in power outages that would be great....but i appreciated the umbrellas staff handed us when it rained.

The bartenders were excellent! Special mention to Pablo Juan who made me feel awesome with a special drink everyday (aside from drink of the day with special garnishes) and did a show each time balancing and tossing bottles! Annable and all the other bartendrrs at the sugar reef bar and Lewis at the Barracuda bar were exceptional! Uly (mis-spelled i am sorry) was an exceptional waitress at the theatre each night and sweet. She is always smiling and made sure she always came over to say hello.

As for the Entertainment staff...I felt honored to see such talented performers dedicated to making guests' experience the best time ever. They work so hard and are always there to make sure you are having fun and make you feel like royality...I swear they never rest and are so full of energy and fun....I dont know how anyone could go there and not have a blast! I would especially like to thank Wilson, Felipe who made us feel more like family and kept getting us involved in activities...we laughed so hard our stomach muscles hurt...and learned a few dance moves to boot. Special mention to the super star Martir ( spagetti )and if anyone asks what spagetti is about you need to meet Martir....energy plus. Special thanks to Beautty, Angelo, Dariana and Yudi who always got me up doing something fun! Entertainment staff EXCELLENTE all the way!!!!!! I felt like I was priviledged to a show from Vegas everynight!

My favorite restaurant was the sea side grill...best mozza sticks i have ever tasted, surf and turf was delicious. Oceana had excellent spring rolls.

I felt safe, as the staff always checked off that we left and accounted for our return.

The service and relaxing but fun atmosphere made my stay incredible and I will be back soon! I recommend this resort to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My first day I was in Dominican Republic I was so fun the entertainment was great I like all the show from there the food all the thing was excellent but my favorite employers is Felipe and Wilson from the entertainment thanks for everything.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

To begin there were ants on our night stand, so we had to change rooms. I ordered a cappuccino from the bar only to find the cup laced with ants after finishing it. The drinks from the bars were inconsistent, they tasted different at every bar. The staff spoke limited English. There were a lot of kids in the swim up bar area. There was a tampon in the pool, that's was the end of the pool. There were rocks on the ocean floor at the beach. Those are my complaints, on a positive note for the most part the service was commendable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!