“Excellente dreams punta cana!Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Red Deer, Canada
“Excellente dreams punta cana!Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The BEST ENTERTAINMENT STAFF!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I felt welcome the minute I stepped on the resort. Begining with Carlos, who alawys asked if there was anything we needed anytime we would see him. The dining room staff greated us every morning and the waiters in all restaurants made us feel so welcome.

The room was a bit small and i soaked the floor a couple of times because the shower was half glass not extending the full tub. But I wasnt spending that much time in my room to even make that count.
The power went out but everyone went on as business as usual and were very helpful, if i could recommend emergency flashlight in rooms or to hand out in power outages that would be great....but i appreciated the umbrellas staff handed us when it rained.

The bartenders were excellent! Special mention to Pablo Juan who made me feel awesome with a special drink everyday (aside from drink of the day with special garnishes) and did a show each time balancing and tossing bottles! Annable and all the other bartendrrs at the sugar reef bar and Lewis at the Barracuda bar were exceptional! Uly (mis-spelled i am sorry) was an exceptional waitress at the theatre each night and sweet. She is always smiling and made sure she always came over to say hello.

As for the Entertainment staff...I felt honored to see such talented performers dedicated to making guests' experience the best time ever. They work so hard and are always there to make sure you are having fun and make you feel like royality...I swear they never rest and are so full of energy and fun....I dont know how anyone could go there and not have a blast! I would especially like to thank Wilson, Felipe who made us feel more like family and kept getting us involved in activities...we laughed so hard our stomach muscles hurt...and learned a few dance moves to boot. Special mention to the super star Martir ( spagetti )and if anyone asks what spagetti is about you need to meet Martir....energy plus. Special thanks to Beautty, Angelo, Dariana and Yudi who always got me up doing something fun! Entertainment staff EXCELLENTE all the way!!!!!! I felt like I was priviledged to a show from Vegas everynight!

My favorite restaurant was the sea side grill...best mozza sticks i have ever tasted, surf and turf was delicious. Oceana had excellent spring rolls.

I felt safe, as the staff always checked off that we left and accounted for our return.

The service and relaxing but fun atmosphere made my stay incredible and I will be back soon! I recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,319)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My first day I was in Dominican Republic I was so fun the entertainment was great I like all the show from there the food all the thing was excellent but my favorite employers is Felipe and Wilson from the entertainment thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

To begin there were ants on our night stand, so we had to change rooms. I ordered a cappuccino from the bar only to find the cup laced with ants after finishing it. The drinks from the bars were inconsistent, they tasted different at every bar. The staff spoke limited English. There were a lot of kids in the swim up bar area. There was a tampon in the pool, that's was the end of the pool. There were rocks on the ocean floor at the beach. Those are my complaints, on a positive note for the most part the service was commendable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Firstly, strongly recommend you upgrade to superior rooms with balcony jacuzzi and also to proffered member class. By doing this you get to enjoy added benefits and extra attention and access to a lot more facilities. The mattresses are wonderful and slept like a baby.
Found the staff very helpful and cheerful which I believe was genuine and sincere, it seems nothing was too much trouble for them at any time of day or night whether you tipped or not.
The food was plentiful and and a good variety with a never ending refil of your glass at the table, particular mention to JJ in the main restaurant.
My wife likes shopping on holiday and the hotel only had a couple of shops, I was happy but she would have liked a bit more variety.
The casino is a must, the staff in there although trying to be serious we managed to make laugh and are a good at what they do.
The room I had was good, spacious and was regularly cleaned, restocked and the maid for room 7306 over the period 29 oct for two weeks was brilliant (sorry. Can't remember her name but deserves praise).
The grounds are excellently maintained with Flamingos and Peacocks free roaming.
The pool was cleaned every morning. Plenty of sunbeds and the only incident of towels on a bed happens once while I was there (don't mention the French) which I removed and gave them to a member of staff - no problem as there was a large group of Brits if they wanted to argue.
My Son got married there and they staff excell in arranging weddings it went perfect.
The beach is clean, plenty of sunbeds and a safe and clear section bathing area with a life guard on duty.
The many bars around the complex were staffed by cheerful and full of energy all the time, credit especially to the pool bar.
The entertainment team were terrific, hardworking and went out of their war to entertain, I was caught in the reception and ended up doing a tango - unexpected experience.
Recommend the Horse riding trip you get to ride a horse across a lovely beach with palm trees straight out of a Bounty advert, I actually got to gallop across the shore something I though I would never have an opportunity to do.
The spa and treatments although a bit expensive compared to UK is worth a visit, I recommend a penetrating 50 minute massage and a visit to the spa waters and steam/sauna rooms.
Recommend you take US$ which are accepted everywhere.
Must mention the young man who mans the little kiosk by the pool where you book your trips really nice person and wish him well on his further education. My only disappointment was I though I would have seen a wild tarantula spider but never mind.
This place is well worth the long haul flight from UK .

Room Tip: Upgrade to superior rooms which are much much bigger and have a jacuzzi on the balcony from which yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PA, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My daughter was recently married at Dreams and there were 18 of us staying at the resort. They took care of every detail for the wedding and did a great job. The resort was very clean. We really enjoyed the pools which there were many of them and very well kept. The entertainment was very good and shows made for a great evening. Food was good as were the drinks. My problem was our room which was missing everything from hangers to lamps and the lights above the vanity didn't work which made for hardly any lighting in the room since the other bulbs were blown.The maid did come in everyday but never left towels and our mini bar was never stocked either. After calling numerous times and no one ever came I didn't bother anymore. As others have stated this is not the Caribbean beach as was presented to us when we booked, which was disappointing. The ride from the airport to the hotel was extremely long and bumpy and we did not receive the private transfer for our group as promised which made for issues with the babies getting sick en route because we were in the back of a bus. Finally, it was extremely buggy and it was hard to eat without swatting and getting bit. I am happy with the end results for the wedding which was our main reason to be there, just not sure I will return. Our visits to Mexico seem more for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ENGLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Myself and my wife decided to treat her mother for a seven day break in this lovely paradise.
We stayed here back in March and we a had a lovely time.
I give this place ten out of ten for everything,They cater for everyone, from single to couple and families with children alike, great accommodation and they must have top chefs as the food is superb and so much to choose from, from daily buffet or you can eat from a la carte from different restaurant. I am an early riser and i love jogging daily and the beach is so perfect for it.
I certainly go back again and you too will have great time ..

Room Tip: we had great rooms facing the south,
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I recently had our wedding at Dreams Punta Cana. We were worried about having a destination wedding because of the language barrier and cultural differences. Were our expectations going to be met? Was the wedding coordinator going to communicate with us effectively? What about the hotel staff? The grounds? The EVERYTHING?!?!

I'll just say this, the wedding was spectacular and all of our friends and family had a blast.

There is a myriad of all-inclusive options in Punta Cana, DR and the thing that sets Dreams Punta Cana apart from the rest is the service. Any hiccup encountered was quickly rectified by the staff and our wedding coordinator understood our desires.

We went to the resort to view the facilities a few months before the wedding and encountered a few issues with our wedding coordinator. To put it bluntly, she was borderline incompetent. She booked us rooms at the resort WITHOUT our consent (she was a terrible communicator) and, even worse, she canceled our meeting with her and did not reschedule -- that was the entire purpose of the trip!! We were set to cancel our wedding and find a new facility when I spoke with a man at concierge whom I now consider a friend. Carlos at concierge is the single reason why we kept our wedding at Dreams Punta Cana. Carlos went out of his way to ensure that our problems were solved. After speaking with him we were given a new wedding coordinator (who was excellent and good at communicating via email and phone), massages at the spa and, most important, peace of mind.

Knowing that people such as Carlos work at Dreams Punta Cana put my mind at ease. Our wedding went off smoothly and beautifully. We had ours under the Roman-esque gazebo (not on the beach) and our reception outside under a beautiful veranda with views of the pool and the resort. Throughout our subsequent wedding trip I saw Carlos a handful of times and upon arrival he remembered not only my name but also my wife's and the details of our wedding. For someone who deals with customers every day he truly went out of his way to remember us and everything we wanted.

Beyond the wedding, we had a blast. Our friends (late 20s, early 30s) had a great time in the pool swim up bar and beach as well as at the club (Desire's) as did our family.

I have been to other all-inclusive facilities in Punta Cana (Iberostar Dominicana) and Dreams Punta Cana is without question the better option. Cleaner rooms, nicer grounds, better food, better entertainment. We've gone twice to Dreams Punta Cana and we'll probably be back again for our anniversary next year.

I would recommend Dreams Punta Cana for couples, friends, and families. Go and enjoy!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!