Firstly, strongly recommend you upgrade to superior rooms with balcony jacuzzi and also to proffered member class. By doing this you get to enjoy added benefits and extra attention and access to a lot more facilities. The mattresses are wonderful and slept like a baby.
Found the staff very helpful and cheerful which I believe was genuine and sincere, it seems nothing was too much trouble for them at any time of day or night whether you tipped or not.
The food was plentiful and and a good variety with a never ending refil of your glass at the table, particular mention to JJ in the main restaurant.
My wife likes shopping on holiday and the hotel only had a couple of shops, I was happy but she would have liked a bit more variety.
The casino is a must, the staff in there although trying to be serious we managed to make laugh and are a good at what they do.
The room I had was good, spacious and was regularly cleaned, restocked and the maid for room 7306 over the period 29 oct for two weeks was brilliant (sorry. Can't remember her name but deserves praise).
The grounds are excellently maintained with Flamingos and Peacocks free roaming.
The pool was cleaned every morning. Plenty of sunbeds and the only incident of towels on a bed happens once while I was there (don't mention the French) which I removed and gave them to a member of staff - no problem as there was a large group of Brits if they wanted to argue.
My Son got married there and they staff excell in arranging weddings it went perfect.
The beach is clean, plenty of sunbeds and a safe and clear section bathing area with a life guard on duty.
The many bars around the complex were staffed by cheerful and full of energy all the time, credit especially to the pool bar.
The entertainment team were terrific, hardworking and went out of their war to entertain, I was caught in the reception and ended up doing a tango - unexpected experience.
Recommend the Horse riding trip you get to ride a horse across a lovely beach with palm trees straight out of a Bounty advert, I actually got to gallop across the shore something I though I would never have an opportunity to do.
The spa and treatments although a bit expensive compared to UK is worth a visit, I recommend a penetrating 50 minute massage and a visit to the spa waters and steam/sauna rooms.
Recommend you take US$ which are accepted everywhere.
Must mention the young man who mans the little kiosk by the pool where you book your trips really nice person and wish him well on his further education. My only disappointment was I though I would have seen a wild tarantula spider but never mind.
This place is well worth the long haul flight from UK .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic