We went to Dreams Punta Cana for the wedding of our granddaughter. Prior to this our favorite vacation was cruising - we have done more than a dozen of them. That hasn't changed, but it doesn't mean DPC isn't a fun place to be. It's hard to organize these reviews, but I'll try.
Overall Appearance - this is a beautiful resort. The plantings, the trees, the flowers, etc. seem to be meticulously taken care of. The swimming pool is probably the best one we have seen....it meanders throughout the resort and the water is always blue and clean. There are nine buildings and they are spread over a large property, with four on one side and five on the other. The pool, as I mentioned before, wanders down the middle of the property from the main building to the beach.
Rooms - there are a number of room choices for guests. We had what they called a swim out room. Supposedly, you can walk out onto the patio and right into the water. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case. For us, we had to walk over an expanse of lawn and then ease into the water from the side. Stairs in the pool were not near our room. I have a bad back so stairs were really necessary - more are needed. And here's a caution for anyone with mobility problems. The bars, restaurants, etc. are spread throughout the resort, so there is a lot of walking required. Wheelchairs and scooters are not available so some people (like me) may not be able to take advantage of all the resort offers. However, the rooms are comfortable and clean. The maid service was near perfect.
Food - there are six restaurants at DPC. Himitsu is an asian restaurant which includes three hibachi rooms where the cooking is done on the tabletop. The food was tasty but much of it was very spicy. The spring roll appetizer was wonderful. Be forwarned. Also, reservations are needed for the hibachi rooms and they are hard to come by. Portofino serves Italian food. It has a limited menu and the food was average to good. Be sure to try the rice ball appetizer and the steak. The Seaside Grill specialized in steak, but the meat was a bit disappointing. The World Cafe is the buffet restaurant and, while it had a large selection of food for all three meals, the quality was only average, except for the omelet station which my wife visited daily. I didn't try the remaining restaurants so I cannot comment on them.
Service - we have absolutely nothing to criticize about the staff. To a person they are friendly and efficient.
Spa - my wife tried the spa and reports that it was upscale with a serene atmosphere. Again, the staff was terrific.
Weddings - as reported by our granddaughter, the wedding staff was great. The actual ceremony was held on the beach (a gazebo is also available) and it was beautiful. A local judge performs the ceremony in Spanish with a translator by his side. Everything came off perfectly.
In summary, this was a great vacation. It was a good introduction to all-inclusives and will make us consider this type of vacation in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic