“Great Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Dreams Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas Uvero Alto - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #46 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
kentucky
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Don't listen to the negative reviews about Deams Punta Cana. This place is wonderful. The grounds are kept in perfect condition and the food was great. My husband and I have been to several different countries and the DR has been the best so far. The staff was very friendly and seemed like they were happy to be at work. The people who are complaining are the people you just can't make happy!!!!! Wonderful place to go on vacation. The best pool I have ever seen. We will return again.

Room Tip: Building 7 is in the middle of everything.

5,641 people have reviewed this hotel

2030
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,233)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

We had an amazing time - the resort was beautiful - the rooms spacious - the only drawback was that they were not cool enough - we were in the 3rd building 1st floor. The entertainment and the staff were awesome. The Show Time Bar Staff did a great job. Everyone was friendly and went out of their way so we would have a good time. The language barrier was a bit difficlut but we managed. We would recommend it to anyone.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Overall, this place is amazing. My husband and I traveled here for our honeymoon. We were here for 6 nights. We really has a great time from the time we arrived. I read a ton of reviews before deciding on this location for our honeymoon. We have no regrets.

Entertainment - the entertainment staff is awesome, they truly go above and beyond. My husband and I enjoyed the activities during the day near the main pool. My husband participated in water polo everyday at 3:30. He also participated in beer pong at the pool and various contest they had daily. He had a great time and i had a great time watching him. I usually did water aerobics and step aerobics by the pool each day. I also participated in other various activities at the pool such as tug of war and the water balloon fights. They also had nightly showed each night. These people work about 14 hours a day for about 21 days straight and then have 7 days off, and they do such an amazing job.....by far the best part of the resort.

Food - the food was also excellent. My favorite was the grill at the beach for lunch. It was perfect fast food that you could get while in your bathing suit. We also enjoyed El Patio and Himitsu quite a bit. The other restaurants are fine too.

Rooms - never really got cool even though the ac ran constantly and had a ceiling fan Also, beds a bit uncomfortable. But we did not spend much time in the room, so it was not a big deal.

The staff were friendly and helpful as well. I would recommend this resort to anyone, however, i like to try new places so not sure i am going to return any time soon. But did love it.

Room Tip: jacuzzi suites are not really worth the extra money. Nice for honeymoon, but didnt use it much...to...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

First time at this particular resort. I think the staff makes the resort. They work very hard for the guests to enjoy their stay. Entertainment crew are excellent!!!, there are plenty things to do including pool tables, ping pong, electronic bull riding, batting cage bikes, all at no extra cost. Food was very good although we had a hard time getting used to the beef meals (steak, burgers). I recommend the Italian restaurant and the buffet at the international cafe. The pool is a dream come true for pool lovers..It's HUGE and about 3 feet deep and there are pool floats everywhere .....it's excellent!!
The resort itself is on the smaller side but plenty to do, also due for some upgrades but it's good enough for 7 nights stay.

Room Tip: Pool walk out is a really nice touch.
Twickenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have been puzzled by some of the negative reviews of this resort. I am here at the moment, December 9, twenty-eleven, and am enjoying one of the best holidays of my life. I am in room 4307.
The staff are fantastic. They are both efficient and so friendly, and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food varies between good and excellent, with loads of fresh fruit for breakfast, as well as a great selection of cooked dishes. The lunch salads are wonderful, and again there are loads of different cooked dishes. It's the same in the evening. The drinks are great, cocktails, beers, wines, spirits, whatever you fancy. Although you really feel like tipping because of the good service, I have never seen any staff angling for a tip, and you are looked after brilliantly whether you tip or not. The room is pleasant and spacious. The pools are imaginative and good for swimming in. The architecture of the hotel is quite basic, but since this is a sun vacation spot, I am not looking for a Cliveden. The sales pitch which some have complained about was not hard sell, and I would have definitely taken Preferred Hotels up on their offer if I were not unemployed.
I have used the small but adequate gym most days, have played tennis a few days and am really enjoying myself. A slight quibble would be loud music most nights, as the hotel does 500 weddings a year. However, the music stops at 2230 at the latest. The TV channels are good - I had the pleasure of watching Newcastle v Chelsea (0 3) Fulham v Liverpool (1 0) and Basel v Manchester United (2 1), all of which were very pleasurable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

My family and I stayed in Dreams first time this past Thanksgiving week.
What can I say ? Food - is ok, as in any other resorts. Entertainment was very good.
But Explorer Club for the kids was the best. My son Daniel didn't want to come with us to eat or sweem, he wanted to stay in that kids club.
Thank you very much to Explorer's Club stuff, Vicky, Wendy, Carol, Mimi, Mailyn, Elainbel...guys you were wonderful. And a big THANKS from my son Daniel.
I would strongly recommend this resort for those families who travel with children 4-10 y.o.

Room Tip: Mini suite will do it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

My girlfriend (Stefane) and I took our first trip together for our 1 year anniversary and we had a wonderful time. We booked through Delta Travel and they had everything right on point. We arrived early on a Friday checked in with no problem and headed straight to our room. We had a walk out room which we could go from the patio straight to the pool. This was a wonderful room in itself.

Food: There were about 6 restaurants on the property each with different specialty. Our favorite meal was the Skirt Steak and Brats. There was a Chinese / Japanese restaurant, the Japanese portion you need a reservation but it was well worth it. We were there 7 days and we didn't miss a meal and was never disappointed.

Entertainment: There was a nightly show in the main lobby every night which was very nice. It varied from night to night from magic shows to circus of dreams. During the day, they had beach games, pool games. Our first day we watched, but from then on we actually joined a few of them and we had fun. Water polo seem to have been the biggest hit.

Staff: Robert - a supervisor gave excellent customer service going above and beyond taking care of our dinner needs. One night we went to dinner expecting skirt steak and brats. When we got there they were all out. We spoke with Robert and the next day for lunch he surprised us and brought us skirt and brats, we were in heaven.

Lenin - Waiter / super waiter - He waited on us every morning for breakfast, and put a smile on our face with his hospitality. My girlfriend fell in love with the mango's and after the first day, he made sure that she had fresh sliced mango even when they didn't have any on the fruit bar. Once again, above and beyond.

Rodulfo - Concierge - He was the first face we saw when we made it to Dreams. He got us settled in the first day, and on the second day we went back and he set us up with some great off property excursions. We ended up doing speed boat, snooba, and a tour of the city showing everyday life with the locals.

Katherine - Waitress - She was a breakfast waitress with a great attitude and wonderful smile.

Emillia - Cook - She made the best omellet's

Adalgize - Juice Bar - She made a great fruit smoothie

JC, Ysube, - Entertainment Crew - They did excellent job of setting up onsite entertainment. They participated and kept the crowd very interested in playing the games.

Overall, Stefane and myself had a wonderful time celebrating our 1 year anniversary and we are looking forward to next years vacation. Dreams Punta Cana was a winner as far as she and I are concerned.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
operacionesdrepc, Manager at Dreams Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear Henry and Stefane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review of our property. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations and that so many of our staff members participated in making your holiday experience truly excelente! We very much look forward to hosting your next stay and welcoming you “back home” in the near future.

Kind regards,

Nancy De Lara
Operations Manager

Been to Dreams Punta Cana? Share your experiences!