Hi all !
I stayed with my girlfriend in this hotel complex (Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort) last month.
At the end, i think i will give a positive review for this holidays and for this hotel complex.
The negative things were few comparing to positive ones.
This was my second time in Punta Cana. I was there some years ago, and things were little different. There are much more people now there, its really touristic now.
Lets start with the complex itself.
1-) RESORT COMPLEX: This is far as i know the biggest resort i've been in my life. The complex has about half milion of square meters area, its really HUGE!
I had to take two different bus to get from my bedroom into the beach. Walking should take about 20-30 min.
The guys from the bus/train are rude and are always talking each other, keeping the clients waiting.
The Resort has Bahia Principe Bavaro and Bahia Principe Punta Cana both inside. Then, inside both hotels, you have AMBAR, PREMIER, ROYAL GOLDEN CLUB, DIAMOND CLUB, etc...
2-) PREMIER HOTEL / Bedroom: The bedroom itself was great. It was like a Junior Suite, always clean, the bed was huge and the bathroom OK.
We asked our travel agent to book as Honeymoon, and so we have special gifs and decorations in our bedroom.
The resort has 5 or 6 hotels all inside the Grand Bahia. They put us in the PREMIER hotel, which i didn't like at all. It was the part of the complex farthest from everywere! Its in the oposite way of the beach!
If i would come back again i would stay in AMBAR HOTEL, near the beach and KIDS FREE!
3-) BEACH: I was there in July. The beach was overcrowded after 11h30AM til 5PM. I was always waking up at 7AM and going to the beach til 11h30.
The sand is white and clean
4-) SWIMMING-POOL: heavy overcrowded. The complex has something like 8-10 different swimming pools. Only in the beginning of the morning i could get into the pools. After that
The only pool i saw with less people was the private pool from AMBAR, which we could not get in as its exclusive from AMBAR hotel.
5-) STAFF: Mostly staff are nice and try to help. There are only a few very rude, but there are hundreds of people working there, so i must give positive review to this one also.
6-) FOOD/RESTAURANTS: At the end i should give a general positive review for food also. As soon as you arrive, you can make reservation for 4 tematic restaurants. That's something i don't like, having an exact day and hour to dinner when i'm in hollidays.
I recommend the japonese restaurant and the french one.
About the main buffet (internacional buffet restaurant), it has lot of variety and also big.
Sometimes they didn't let us in, when it was overcrowded, and send us to the buffet from PREMIER resort.
The variety of fruits is bad, we are in a tropical place and didn't like to have only 2 or 3 kind of fruits every day.
Also didn't like to NOT HAVE natural juices at breakfast, neither lunch or dinner.
The snack-bar near the beach is OK, but everyday same food.
When i stayed in RIU BAMBU earlier, it was much better in food quality.
Did like a lot the coffe and capuccino in the lobby, with some cakes. Very nice.
7-) TRIPS: Went to ISLA SAONA DELUXE TRIP, with chavon river boat safari included.
I went here also last time, ISLA SAONA is great, its a natural island inhabitated. This is really caribbean island, with transparent water and white sand.
Lunched lobster in the beach, which was ok.
Didn't like the chavon river trip, it was too noisy with people drinking and dancing all over the boat
I missed the diving/snorkel trip this time, which i recommend.
This is certainly a resort for holidays with friends or large family, not for romantic and quiet holidays.
Some tips: don't take EURO into Dominican Republic, just take American Dolars or take cash in ATM right there.
The exchange rate there is 1EURO = 1USD, and so you can loose 300EUR for every 1000EUR you spend, if you pay in EURO.
Renting a car is not recommended in DR, there are no traffic rules and people are crazy there.
Don't forget to leave all your money and docs in the safebox, and if you give some tip to the waitress and others workers, you will be served fine :)
I took about 100USD in 1USD banknotes to tip.
Enjoy your holidays, my final review for this hotel is positive, but if i return someday to Dominican Republic, i would go to SAMANÁ or other place less crowded.
Someone told me the holidays are what we make of them, so just enjoy your trip !!
Anything just PM me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic