Just returned from a 2 week stay here and overall we were pleased but with a few small niggles. The resort is huge and a little intimidating when you first arrive, my husband got lost quite a few times in the first few days but we eventually got the hang of it. The little shuttles also run very frequently around the resort so no need to walk miles if you don't want to.
Rooms - We upgraded to Hacienda club, suppose it was worth it as the rooms were closer to the beach (although the room lay out is exactly the same as a standard room) and we got the santa fe restaurant for breakfast/lunch. Rooms were nice and always cleaned well but when we first arrived we had no bedding for my sons sofa bed, this was eventually bought down to us at the end of day 2 despite us asking for it 5 times!
Beach- Lovely, quite a bit of seaweed but nice all the same.
Food - Amazing, two weeks of all inclusive food/drink did nothing for my waistline and we never really had a bad meal. We prebooked the a la carte restaurants by email 2 weeks before we went and had no problems at all with reservations. Alcohol choice is very good too.
Staff - All very friendly and polite. Cant really comment on our tour rep (Thomas Cook) as we saw him for the welcome meeting and then didnt see him again until departure day!
Entertainment - We thought evening shows were ok but got a little repetative by week 2. Day time entertainment not up to much. Went to the sports bar a few times but got put off by the loud American groups that seemed to frequent it.
Trips - We took two amazing trips, one to Saona Island which is a wonderful day, even for children and one on the Mega Truck. Do both, you wont be disappointed.
Children - Lots of things for the little ones (water park, play area, golf) but my son is very shy and didnt like socialising with others much, this made things quite difficult at times. Tried to book tennis court but they wouldn't allow us as I hadn't packed tennis shoes. They also advertise that they offer bikes for rent but they don't have any there and offered no explanation as to why they were still being advertised.
Weather - Hot hot hot! Good air con in the rooms. Was a little cloudy some days but always warm. We had just one evening of rain but it was extremely heavy rain. One thing to be aware of...lots of mossies! I normally don't have a problem but got loads of bites despite covering myself in insect repellent day and night.
Other stuff - Lots of different nationalities at this resort which I love as I always find it interesting to meet new people. Lots of couples (lovely weddings taking place almost daily), and lots of families. Unfortunately, during our stay there was also quite a few same sex groups (mainly American) who got pretty loud and drunk around the pool, not ideal if your holidaying with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic