“Wonderful Grand Bahia principe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro

Save Saved
You added Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro | Arena Gorda-Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #47 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Wonderful Grand Bahia principe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Amazing resort & beach. Excellent variety of food.Staff friendly and fun. Great entertainment. Rooms clean and air conditioned . Animation team the best especially "Johnny ". Cocktails and drinks awesome . Five days was too short . Definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2014
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, today
Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor and for specially mentioning our excellent variety of food, superb staff and the best animation staff, especially Johnny.

I would like to welcome you once again in this little piece of heaven and provide you a wonderful vacation for more days.

Regards from Dominica Republic!

2008
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here with my family in August this year and what a fabulous hotel really friendly happy staff always a smile and a hello. The rooms were spotless cleaned daily in fact the whole resort was spotless. Nothing was too much trouble and i felt relaxed and well looked after. The whole resort is beautiful the food was really nice with a different theme in the buffet restaurant each night. Se reserved the al a carte as soon as we arrived and would definately recommend the garden grill. The night entertainment was fantastic especially the Michael Jackson tribute amazing. I would also like to mention out Thomas Cook Rep Stuart what a legend always ready with a smile and only too happy to help even so far as to Carry round after sun cream for my niece until he saw me again. All in all a truely fantastic Holiday and i would not hesitate in booking to go back better start saving now.

• Stayed August 2014
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sharon,

I do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations in your second visit in our Resort and you felt like you were in paradise on earth.

I would like to cater you once again in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts in Dominican Republic and continue demonstrating you our commitment to excellence.

Regards from Punta Cana!

TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were given a room that had ants crawling in the bed and all over the headboard. I called the front desk, and they said they would send someone over. I waited a few minutes, but got impatient. So I took pictures of the ants and went to the front desk with proof so that they would give me a clean room. Also, the bed covers had a huge orange stain on the back of it. Gross. We waited 2 hours before they finally gave us a new room. Pretty annoying since we had been traveling since 3am and it was 6pm at this point.

I e-mailed the resort before our vacation to make restaurant reservations. I received a reply saying my request would be sent to guest services. When I checked with guest services, there was no record even though I showed them the e-mail they sent me. They apologized and gave us reservations at the Mediteranean, BBQ, and Japanese restaurants. The Mediteranean and BBQ ones were good. The BBQ one is outdoors, by the way, so bring mosquito spray. I came home with over 40 bites. The Japanese one was terrible. Service was incredibly slow. The tempura was not crispy and the sushi had too much mushy rice. Because of the slow service, we walked out and went to the buffet. It was Asian night, and it was an abomination. Lots of mushy brown stir-fry. Probably the only thing I really enjoyed was the fresh fruit.

Bring tons of sunscreen bc the little kiosks and stores at the resort charge $30! We walked away and the guy kept dropping the price... $18! $15!

The pools were great and of course, the beach (lots of seaweed though). We never had an issue finding chairs under umbrellas. We also never had a problem getting drinks. The lobby bar makes awesome cocktails. The staff were very kind and seemed like they really care. I feel bad bc it seems like the resort is just TOO big, so probably difficult to keep everything in order and all guests happy.

Overall, I probably would not return to this resort. I'm not sure I'm all that crazy about Punta Cana either. I think I've come to the conclusion that cheesy all-inclusive resorts are not my thing, so take my review with a grain of salt.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Lily,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments regarding your experience during your stay with us and you considered it was not great at all. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced in the room when you arrived.

We are glad to find out that there were some aspects you find worth to mention, especially our awesome cocktails, very kind staff and great beach and pool.

We are always at your disposal,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and my partner (Ages 26 and 28) had a great time here, we went 23rd August-6th Sept, the rooms are lovely and clean. we went away for my partners birthday and the hotel couldn't do more on the day of his birthday, balloons, champagne, banners and cake they were great. we went on a mega truck ride on his birthday and that was really good exploring the Dominican republic and once again more champagne:)
The food buffet is really nice and if you upgrade and stay in the Hacienda part you get your own restaurant for breakfast and lunch which is good for the days you don't want to many people their but can always go to the main restaurant if you wanted to. The a la carts well..... BBQ and steak house was amazing but French, Italian and Mexican was not up to scratch because either waiting to long or nothing on your plate for a decent meal. The drinks are really good if you like cocktails or spirits which suited me fine but as my partner is a beer/cider drinker there wasn't much choice for him or you have to pay for the decent stuff separate.
The people are really nice and friendly and we met a couple of groups of people from Manchester and one group lives around the corner from us who knows my partners family (small world.) The Hacienda staff/reception are really good and dealt with stuff immediately (Terry). it is a big complex (5 hotels on one ground) but it is easy to find everything and there are trolley buses which come up and down all the time so no worries with getting places. Weather was lovely and hot with a slight breeze. Thomas cook were great and our rep stuart was ace. Over all we had a fantastic holiday and would go again. Thank you.

Room Tip: upgrade to the Hacienda suite and get room 28208 because nice and quite and really close to the main...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Katie,

Please allow us to reassure that I am proud to know that we have provided you an awesome holiday and you would go back again, with not one reason to disappoint. It is wonderful that you joined with some new people and better around your same town.

It will be an honor to receive you once again and experience another fantastic time in our Resort.

Thank you for your comments and many hugs for you!!!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Well, where can I start? As soon as you arrive at the hotel you are greeted like no hotel I've previously stayed at ever has. You have staff with drinks for you and some staff dancing. Thomas cook were very good for us and we were already checked in before we arrived which of course made things easier. The rooms are immaculate, much like the entire complex, the cleanliness levels are incredible. The bed in the room are absolutely huge, you can fit three people in one comfortably and still leave plenty of room. The staff are all incredibly friendly. The restaurant is really nice and has a different theme each night ranging from Mexican to Italian. The al a carte restaurants are all nice as well, we tried the BBQ, which we were a little disappointed with, the selection in there wasn't great. The garden grill steakhouse is great, as is the Italian and Mediterranean. One little thing regarding them is despite the website saying men need to wear long sleeves and long pants, you don't. Just make sure you wear a smart t-shirt and smart shorts.The pool areas are great, each one of the main two areas has a pool bar. It's also great being right on the beach front, especially at night it is incredible and I recommend you all to go down there at night. The entertainment is fantastic, in the main theatre every night it was amazing, the circus night was a highlight, but the Michael Jackson night is absolutely breathtaking, amazing show. Overall it is an amazing hotel, with tremendous staff, food and cleanliness. Would highly recommend this hotel to anybody

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations providing you an outstanding experience. Thank you for highlight our comfortable rooms with all the amenities and the incredible cleanliness and amazing staff. Thank you for recommending us and looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks in August. Couldn't fault the hotel there were always staff cleaning the pathways, keeping the gardens tidy, just very well maintained complex. Food - there was something for everyone in all the restaurants. Entertainment - was great the theatre had great shows Michael Jackson was fab, the acrobat show was amazing. The sports bar offered a cool night with it's air con, if the evenings are too hot. Pools were all clean and fun when 'aqua aerobics' were on - it was great that this was moved around to different pools. Overall just an amazing holiday :)

• Stayed August 2014
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Anne,

Your comments are marvelous and make us feel very proud of our performance. Rest assured that it is good to know you had an amazing holiday in our Resort.

Thank you for visiting our all-inclusive hotels on Punta Cana with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a good time until home 24 hours then the diarrhea set in for over a week. Ate Japanese last night there and got very ill next day! Recommend not getting too friendly with staff. Had a creepy experience with bellboy. Thought we needed some personal attemtion

Dear guest,

I sincerely offer you my apologies for the situation transpired.

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

Always at your disposal,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro? Share your experiences!