Stayed from 5.7-19.7.14. After sending a email requesting a complementary upgrade we arrived to find we'd been allocated block 29 which was the Diamond club. Great start!
Main buffet choice was pretty good bit could be hit and miss if the food was hot enough. Can be really busy at peak time and you can easily find yourself arguing with other guests. Book your a la carte on your first day of arrival or you won't be going.
The a la carte is ok-good but don't expect too much.
If you're in the Diamond club you get to have breaky and dinner in the Santa Fe a la carte restaurant, which was far more civilised than the scrum that is the main buffet or beach snack bar.
As I say we had a Diamond club room which was supposedly slightly better than a standard room. I think it's slightly bigger. Ours had a couple of issues with the fixtures and fittings not working and AC pretty noisy. TFT to get a room near the middle of the complex as you won't have to walk far for either the beach or main entertainment places.
There are three main pools. Two in the middle of the complex (one quieter than the other)and the big one near the beach. If your looking for the one near the beach then you need to get your towels on a bed before 8am or forget it. The beach pool can get a bit like an 18-30's in the late afternoons as people consume more alcohol. Mainly our American friends who must insist on reminding you that they come from U-S-A , change the record 'guys'!FFS.
Absolutely stunning!! I spent hours walking up and down and never got tired of looking at the white sand and wind swept palms.
There are the local vendors but they don't really hassle too much and most are very polite.
Daytime consists mostly of excited team members trying to gee the crowd up but there is the usual volleyball, exercise programmes which keep most occupied.
Some of the night time shows were pretty good, such as the M Jackson and acrobats. After that it turns to Butlins.
Crap!! For a so called 5* it's garbage, it is not fit for purpose. Too small, not enough equipment and what there was, was breaking down. Rubbish!! Don't bother!!
Mmmmmm well. There's every nationality that descend on this resort. And I'm sure you can imagine what kind of mixing bowl of cultural enlightenment can be gained from 2 weeks of listening to our American cousins that think they're appearing in a soap opera to Russian and Latinos walking around like the mafia. Thank the Lord above I'm British!!
Overall a good time was had but just falls short in some areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic