WOW!!! We just got back yesterday from a perfect family vacation. It was our first trip to Punta Cana, and our first time taking our 7 year old daughter out of the country. I set up a TripAdvisor account just to be able to recommend this resort and locale to others. Of course, with international and family travel, we were nervous about what to expect. But when we got there, it was all good! Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. We don't speak Spanish, but they all spoke English wonderfully (we've decided to take classes because we plan on going back!).
When we got to the resort, we were immediately impressed. It was BIG, clean, and inviting. There are five hotels on the resort, 9 restaurants, and a great little shopping area. When we got there, we were offered cool drinks and towels, as well as a helpful orientation. We had a great location for our villa (#34). We were in between the lobby and the beach. We had two pools directly next to us (with swim up bars and towel exchange). It is crowded sometimes, so get your pool chairs early if you prefer shade. The rooms are large and the maid staff is so fabulous! They stopped by every night with chocolates and little gifts for our daughter. They even folded her favorite little blankie into a swan (which she wouldn't unfold, even to sleep with!). They offer an amazing water park for the kids to play while mom and dad relax under umbrellas.
The restaurants are varied and the buffet was always stocked with great options. We got our dinner reservations (and were gifted with an additional meal for our anniversary!!). We tried the Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and Mediterranean. All of them were delicious (though the Japanese took a little long and not everyone gets to sit at the grill). Our favorite was the Mediterranean (try the beef fillet).
We did two excursions--the trip to Saona Island and the Outback Safari. So worth the money!! We got to see land and sea and learn so much about the culture and the country. The guides were knowledgeable and friendly. Check those two out for specifics of what is included.
I read CarleneCecilia's review just posted, and I cannot agree more. If you are wondering where to go next, I highly recommend Punta Cana and the Grand Bahia.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic