“Jose Vazquez and Miriam Vazquez- Review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro

Save Saved
You added Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro | Arena Gorda-Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #48 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Hialeah, Florida, United States
“Jose Vazquez and Miriam Vazquez- Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The service was excellent, the food was great, the hotel room was nice and orderly, the pools where amazing and refreshing. The only bad thing I have to say is that the beach needed a bit more cleaning up. The employee treatment was excellent, they were very welcoming. The landscape was beautiful and the scenary as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. At our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again and continue providing the greatest service.

Best regards,

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in the Dominican Republic.

Customer Service

6,812 people have reviewed this hotel

1923
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Polish first
Seaford, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the worst resort I have been to. The customer service at this place is horrendous. The staff acted like we were bothering them. They were extremely rude, disrespectful and unaccommodating. The staff looked miserable. No one ever smiled and they didnt make any effort to make our stay better.
It is simply impossible to make reservations at any of their specialty restaurants, we tried to make reservations from the first day we got there. We were allowed three reservations in the specialty restaurants and werent able to use them all. Nothing was explained to us when we checked in. There are 5 different resorts on the same property. The staff at check in said nothing. We were given yellow bracelets but were never told what the yellow bracelets meant. This led to us getting escorted out of multiple areas in the resort as if we were criminals.
There were pubic hairs on the floor of my room when we first got there and the pillow cases smelled like a sweaty locker room. When I commented on the odor of the pillows, a member of the staff told me that they couldnt control how the pillows smell. There were bugs in my room. I now have an extremely itchy rash all over my arms and legs. There were no lights in the staircase that led up to my second floor room. This led to me tripping and falling on the stairs on more than one occasion.
There was human feces found in one of the pools that we were swimming in one day. When I went to alert the front desk that there was feces in the pool, the staff member asked me if I was kidding. Apparently feces in the pool is a funny joke to them. The resorts idea of handling feces in the pool was to put caution tape all around the pool while people were still swimming but never made an announcement that everyone should get out of the pool.
One night we had a torrential rain storm. We were in the lobby at the time of the storm and needed to get back to our room. The trolleys and the drivers were in front of the lobby just standing around. We asked the staff to drive us back to our rooms but they refused because it was after hours and the trolleys had stopped running. We begged and pleaded but the staff refused to take us back to our rooms and watched as we were forced to walk back to our rooms in the pouring rain.
We were also kicked out of the lunch buffet because the cover up over our bathing suit was slightly wet. I have never seen service like this before. I was told no on multiple occasions. This resort does not know what the term "All-inclusive" means.
I made several complaints while I was there. These complaints were completly ignored and nothing was ever done about any of them. I also made a formal, written complaint the day before I left the resort. I was told that someone would get back to me but it has been 4 days and I still havent heard from anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Jennifer,

We thank you for sharing your impressions on your recent stay at our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.

We deeply regret not having been able to fulfill your expectations and we hope you accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences you have mentioned.

We want to point out, as well, that your comments have already been forwarded to our General Management in order to do the corresponding revision.

We would be more than happy to welcome you once again in any of our Hotels so that we can exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Family of four (both children under 10) booked the club golden package. Private check in was comfortable, cool drinks, air conditioned, and we were able to sit comfortably while checking in. Plus our villa really was closer to the beach and having the option of the 4th restaurant was great. Lastly, the children LOVED ordering room service!
We had a great experience. Hotel lobby and grounds are absolutely beautiful. When transported from airport, ours was the last stop, you get to see a lot of other places. It was as if they were saving the best for last! The property is huge but easy to navigate. You'll get the hang of it by day two of your trip. Plus, the trams are plentiful so you can comfortably get to where you need relatively fast.
The drinks are watered down... All inclusive... Drinks always available and no drunkenness?!?!?! I'm just saying. The food was so-so. Restaurants are better - especially Maiko! You will learn to appreciate hot food because its rare. For it to be the Carribean the seafood wasn't up to par; mostly over cooked, or dried out.
While grounds are beautiful, the room are out of date. We asked for a room with two beds, there was only a king sized one, fridge didn't work (was told to just ask for ice), and for some odd reason we were only given 3 wash cloths our entire 8 day visit (not 3 each day, only 3 the entire time).
Excursions were great... We did the carribean Party and the Deep Sea Fishing.
Entertainers work hard to provide entertainment and its evident in their performances. Entire family enjoyed the theatre and pueblo shows!
Although rooms are a bit out of date and the food needs improving... The service was friendly! We would definitely book Gran Bahia Principe again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Grounds and Staff

Looked great and where well maintained. We couldn’t believe how many staff where about on the resort, constantly cleaning and mending bits and bobs.

The staff in general were very friendly, even those with little English said hello or at least smiled at you. Bar staff where generally OK, Angel in particular was very friendly – however I don’t think I saw Eddy at the main lobby bar smile once in two weeks!

I’m not fussy about food but after 14 days I was sick to death of the buffet, can’t stress enough how much people should make use of the a la cartes! Buffet variety appeared to be great, but after a few days it was obvious that no matter what cuisine day it was the food was basically the same. Still, gotta give it to them, they do churn out a hell of a lot of food there. The tex mex restaurant available to Diamond guests was a life saver, as it meant we didn’t have to trail all the way to the main buffet from the pool – or eat in the beach bar which was not a nice experience!

The a la cartes were nice, highly recommend the Japanese (with the cooking show) and the BBQ restaurant.

I’m a big eater and couldn’t believe the amount of food some people were loading on their plates! It was like some people where taking meal times as a competition.

Atmosphere and Entertainment

Personally this was the biggest let down of the holiday. There is a lot going on but it’s generally very repetitive and got boring after two days. A lot of English speaking people I spoke to generally agreed that they felt left out, often instructions where given in Spanish and then followed up by a one liner in English. Often people where over looked by bar staff who favoured Spanish speaking guests, even if you’d clearly been waiting longer. Just because they’ve shouted their order at you first, doesn’t meant they should be served first.

Drink

Very nice to have all inclusive drinks, however personally found the spirits to be of a really poor quality. I know they’re local brands so I suppose I can’t really complain but in general not nice at all, didn’t help that the bartenders tended to fill the glass 3 quarters full of spirit with a dash of mixer. Sounds great, but not ideal if the spirit tastes crap. Lager was OK, nothing special but did the trick. Found ourselves ordering two at a time as the beer glasses are about half a pint.

Return?

Personally I wouldn’t return to this resort, though it wasn’t a complete nightmare it was merely ‘OK’.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main goal strives in having a great ambiance to satisfy our guests' requirements; we regret very much that we were not able to fulfill your expectations this time. We value all feedback as it enables us to continue to improve and provide better service for our guests.

We sincerely hope you will consider giving us a chance to welcome you once again at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.

Kindest regards,

Laval, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I did not know what was a bed bugs before my stay in Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro. It is very bad because you can bring those insects in your luggage on your way home.

At first, I was thinking it was mosquitoes bites because my girlfriend was not bitten. After talking to many people, it seems that people sleeping on the windows side of the bed were not bitten and people sleeping on the wall side were attacked during the night.

When I told the reception about this issue, they were not surprised and gave me a big 80 dollars to compensate my 200 bites and lack of sleep. They even took a photo of my legs. They make me signed a form to discharged them for future laws suite.

This hotel is to big. You need to take a cart to go to the beach or to the restaurants or the reception.
You feel like a number even if you tip… The services are not very good.

The food is not as we can expect for a 5 stars.

Don’t go there.

Dear Bernard,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your impressions with us regarding your recent stay in our property.

It is indeed with great regret to learn that we could not reach your expectations during your vacation, and we deeply sorry for any inconvenience that you may have passed though.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts works with an external company called Cristal Americas, world leader in the implementation of effective systems for environmental, health and safety related risk management and it is member of the Check Safety First Group; which on a frequent basis audits our hotels in all Hygiene and Sanitary procedures. In this way, we can assure you that we have strict programs of fumigation

In the name of our General Manager and all staff members we would like to thank you again for vacationing with us and we hope you could consider to give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our 12th trip to the Punta Cana Region & our 3rd stay at this property. I dont know how they manage but this hotel seems to get better every year. NOTHING to complain about. The rooms were immaculate & the housemaid very friendly & went out of her way to accommodate us. The bars are very well stocked ..(We are gin drinkers & Tanqueray was included and available at every bar even the ones by the beach & pools). All the bartenders are very catering & I especially remember Angel at the lobby bar . & Jose at the beach. Guest service agents were very efficient in particular Ms. Luz whom we had the most dealings with. .. Always good wifi in the lobby area. And I left the food for last because I dont care what any other reviews say..The food was spectacular...lots of choices in the main buffet & the A la carte restaurants were also excellent I especially enjoyed El Meson (Spanish food) being from a Galician(Spanish) background I can tell you they had everything I remember eating growing up in Cuba at my grandmothers house. The Japanese was also very good especially the Sushi. & El Pescador had great LOBSTER. What else can I say..except that we are looking forward to next years trip ...almost positive that we will make it our 4th trip to Bahia Principe. Keep up the good work guys. Regards to all!!!

Room Tip: Anywhere you stay will be good because the tram is constantly running back & forth. Very little...