Just spent a lovely 2 weeks at this 'hotel', room was large, well furnished, air conditioned ( a must in Dom Rep) & the bed was the biggest i have ever seen! Its described as a hotel but really its a group of villas which is better for privacy, grounds are immaculate at all times. There's lots of swimming pools to choose from the ones near the beach get very busy & noisy but are well catered for with bars a snack restaurant, toilets etc. Fortunately there's several bus trains (free) running up & down the complex as its a bit of a hike if you happen to be at the other end of the resort . The beach is beautiful with shoreline palm trees, soft almost white sand we took a stroll up & down the beach past other hotels & the Bahia Principe defo has the best stretch. Evening entertainment was always good and..entertaining! Two shows are a must see The Michael Jackson show & the Circus of Dreams both stunning in different ways. Other shows had lots of audience participation which was always funny.
On a slightly sour note the food in the buffet restaurant can only be described as ok, there was a lot of choice but some exotic looking/sounding dishes turned out to be quite bland but you can't please all the people all the time.
Would i go back..yes but would like to try Cuba first.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.