This was our second visit to the Bahia Principe in Punta Cana. Stayed in the Diamond Club section from 3-30 until 4-6. The Diamond Club package was worth the upgrade cost. Glenny Travel/Sunquest was out travel company. They did a good job! The Bahia has made quite a few changes for the good ie: quicker check-in/check-out; Better variety at the buffet; Improved shows; New kid's pool with water slides
Here is a rather lengthy summary:
Flight: West Jet out of Toronto. Good airline. Prompt.Super leg room. Stayed at their airport lounge for food and drink-NICE! Flight had no free meals just snacks. Free movie.
Transfers: Thirty minutes-No problems.
Check-in: Fast-Went right to our room.
Room: Section 28- First floor. Very nice. Great AC. Could use more light and water pressure in the shower. Jacuzzi tub. Five minutes from the beach. Fifteen minutes to the lobby. Tram was available at all times-We walked. Free use of the safe-YEA! Robe, slippers, and umbrella were included. Dilbana was out maid. She did a superb job! Cleaned the room early in the morning and always left us with plenty of beer, soda, water, and coffee. She also was creative with the towel art!
Grounds: BEAUTIFUL! We have been to Punta Cana ten times and this hotel had the best gardens of them all.
Service: The Diamind Club service was superb. Free use of the internet. Open bar in the office area. Fast check-in and check-out. Any problems were handled promptly.
Beach Pools: Very clean. Crowded, but fun! Water a tad chilly for the first three days there. Germain and Francisco at the swim up bar were fantastic. Drink of the day was well done.
Beach: BEAUTIFUL! Crowded, but fun! Beach bar for drinks and hotdogs. Soft sand. A nice scenic walk.
Dinner Buffet: Excellent variety. A different theme each night. Thursday is Gala Night. They serve Rock lobster. It is less meaty, but delicious.
A la carte: French was excellent.The best service! Delicious beef, lobster, and onion soup. Garden Grill was excellent.Delicious beef and shrimp. Japanese was very good. The show was fair-I believe there was a new server. Fried ice-cream is a must try. Italian was good.
Breakfast Buffet: We had a choice of the Lobby or Santa Fe. Lobby had more variety. Santa Fe was quieter and less crowded.
Lunch Buffet: Very good. Godd variety. Pasta was excellent!
Lobby Bar: Good music. Fantastic drinks-The best around. Good coffee from the coffee machines.
Entertainment: Very good especially the Michael Jackson Show and the circus show.
Played putt putt. Visited the casino-Had to pay for your drinks. Visited the Sports Bar. Fun!
Snacks: At the beach pool area were very good. Always enough to eat and drink!
Excusions: Did the 1/2 day four wheelers-It was fun! Macao Beach is a must visit! Also parasailed. Could have been longer, but it was an awesome ride. Both were a tad pricey.
Shopping: Stores everywhere on the property.
Minor Problems: The rooms are a tad noisy. Could use more light. Shower water pressure.
There was Presidente in your room's refrig., but not on tap at the bars. The beer on tap was not nearly as good as Presidente.
There was no coffee at the buffet for dinner-You had to visit the lobby for coffee.
Major Problem: When leaving/departing: West Jet check-in/out was OK, but baggage check and Immigration at the Punta Cana airport was very disorganized. Stood in line for over 1 1/2 hours. When you are in line you don't dare get out of line looking for water and/or the bathroom. This has to change otherwise they will lose visitors.
Suggestion: Tip everyone a dollar or so. It goes a long way and is very much appreciated by the staff. If you need extra dollar bills go to the money exchange window in the Lobby.
Get up at 6:00 am to get chairs at the beach pool area and beach.
All in all a great vacation and would recommend this property. Would also return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic