O goodness - where do I start ?!?Let me give the reasons --
top 11 Complaints-
1.Right away when I got there I had to wait forever in line to check in and had had 2 others jump in front of me in line , which I know the front desk staff saw but still helped them first before me and the other guests that were in line as we should be.
2- We were told our room would be near the beach , when we got to the room it was at the back end of the property with one bed not two as booked....
3- The shuttle service is not reliable sometimes it comes, sometimes youll be walking forever and they will pass you
4-bell boys are short staffed - we actually dragged our suticases all the way to lobby after waiting 20 min for him when we switched rooms
5-the phones in room didnt work
6-there were DRUNK teens everywhere !!! I understand I went over spring break - but drunk 15-17yr olds screaming all night and at the beach and the pool!!!! and stay away from the "bar " and "disco " its a hot mess of drunk teeny boppers!!!
7- 75% of the male staff checks you out all the time, blows kisses, and talks about you - I do speak spanish , just acted like I couldnt - so I could be entertained by their stupid comments , then I would fire back in Spanish
8-You have to pay for the safe in the rooms !!!! first hotel Ive stayed at like that !
9-THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!! thats an understatement!!!!! the reservation only restaurants are ok at the most .....then theres the nasty buffets- from breakfast lunchand dinner it is BAD!!!!!! even with a good buzz - its nasty - the bread is all hard , stale, all the meats are yuck , even the pasta is bad!!!!!! the desserts were cute to look at it - but forget it !!!!!! when u dont it gets worse --- theres the "snack bar" the hamburgers you can bounce, the buns you can use as a weapon, the hot dogs were jelly- powdery like.......even if you upgrade rooms its all the same food!
10- the drinks are bottom shelf !!!!!! DO NOT try any of the wines, worse than boxed wine !!!
11- my email got hacked after using the computers there !!!!!!
Now the pros-
1. Its a clean resort- you can see the staff works hard
2. the ice cream and french fries are ok
I feel bad leaving such a terrible review but it was a bad experience - we could barely eat the food , didnt get to rest cause the screaming teens, staff wasnt too nice - except in the restaurants and buffets the staff worked hard . I have a lot more compliants but these things were what made our "vacation " not good....and Ive traveled plenty and stayed at other all inclusives - I will definitely not be going back to any of these !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic