O goodness - where do I start ?!?Let me give the reasons --
top 11 Complaints-
1.Right away when I got there I had to wait forever in line to check in and had had 2 others jump in front of me in line , which I know the front desk staff saw but still helped them first before me and the other guests that were in line as we should be.
2- We were told our room would be near the beach , when we got to the room it was at the back end of the property with one bed not two as booked....
3- The shuttle service is not reliable sometimes it comes, sometimes youll be walking forever and they will pass you
4-bell boys are short staffed - we actually dragged our suticases all the way to lobby after waiting 20 min for him when we switched rooms
5-the phones in room didnt work
6-there were DRUNK teens everywhere !!! I understand I went over spring break - but drunk 15-17yr olds screaming all night and at the beach and the pool!!!! and stay away from the "bar " and "disco " its a hot mess of drunk teeny boppers!!!
7- 75% of the male staff checks you out all the time, blows kisses, and talks about you - I do speak spanish , just acted like I couldnt - so I could be entertained by their stupid comments , then I would fire back in Spanish
8-You have to pay for the safe in the rooms !!!! first hotel Ive stayed at like that !
9-THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!! thats an understatement!!!!! the reservation only restaurants are ok at the most .....then theres the nasty buffets- from breakfast lunchand dinner it is BAD!!!!!! even with a good buzz - its nasty - the bread is all hard , stale, all the meats are yuck , even the pasta is bad!!!!!! the desserts were cute to look at it - but forget it !!!!!! when u dont it gets worse --- theres the "snack bar" the hamburgers you can bounce, the buns you can use as a weapon, the hot dogs were jelly- powdery like.......even if you upgrade rooms its all the same food!
10- the drinks are bottom shelf !!!!!! DO NOT try any of the wines, worse than boxed wine !!!
11- my email got hacked after using the computers there !!!!!!
Now the pros-
1. Its a clean resort- you can see the staff works hard
2. the ice cream and french fries are ok
I feel bad leaving such a terrible review but it was a bad experience - we could barely eat the food , didnt get to rest cause the screaming teens, staff wasnt too nice - except in the restaurants and buffets the staff worked hard . I have a lot more compliants but these things were what made our "vacation " not good....and Ive traveled plenty and stayed at other all inclusives - I will definitely not be going back to any of these !!!
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.