“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro

You added Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Arena Gorda - Macao, Seccion Baigua | Arena Gorda - Macao, Seccion Baigua, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Special Summer Sales
Ranked #49 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Kitchener, Canada
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

First room was OK but not where we asked for. Moved to another room - better location but TV and radio were broken. You got a shower whenever you turned on tap in bathroom sink and water all over floor. Mold in bathtub area. Bathtub not cleaned each day. Bavaro is i of 5 resorts on property - way too big!! Got to know Guest Services gentleman -very helpful in getting fixed what he could. Picture in one travel book does not show Bavaro but makes you think it is. Food at some a la carte restaurants not good, but buffet has good food for all meals. Bar and staff on Punta Cana very nice and young ladies very pleasant. Non-smoking area separated from smoking area in bar so could sit back and enjoy a nice evening. Just couldn't eat at the Punta Cana buffet, which was a bummer (they didn't except Bavaro colour bands).

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice as balcony/terrace more open.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort, especially from our Quality & Customer Service Department.

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences you experienced with your room during your stay.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our rich gastronomy, and that our staff was very kind and helpful, specially guest relations.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again to The Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities and change any misperception you may have about us.

Kind regards,

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Polish first
Terrebonne, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

little problem at arrival the room was not ready ,but we book the day before....except that evrething was perfect.food very good,very clean, nice pool,Margarita perfect,very good service from m.Pedro Button.maybe service at the reception was little bit confuse and slow

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from the entire team working at Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort, especially from our Quality & Customer Service Department.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed of a wonderful holiday thanks to our rich gastronomy as well as the good service from our employees. At Bahía Príncipe our goal is to make your vacation become an unforgettable experience. It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations and, it is wonderful to know that you are considering coming back to our Resort. Please be assured that it is an honour and a great compliment for us to forward such nice comments to all our staff, especially to Margarita & Pedro.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to seeing you soon!!

Regards from Bávaro.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just got back from our 2 week vacation Jan 15th - Jan 29th, It was our second time there and once again this resort has exceeded our expectations. I have so much to say I do not know where to begin. I think I'll start from the beginning.
When we arrived I was a little cranky and acted like a bit of a B***H, as my husband was miserable as he had a toothache. I had spoke with some prior to arrive and had requested that we be put in the same building as last time. Unfortunately that was not possible and Jonathan from the front desk was very professional and understanding (thank you Jonathan) and let me know that our rooms were in a great spot very near the pool but if I wasn't happy he would see what he could do to move us to a different room. Well let me tell you was I ever impressed with the room they gave us. We walked into our room were we ever impressed, see our attached pictures. It felt like our honeymoon. There was flower petals all over the bed and the nicest birds made out of the towels on the bed and in the bathroom. Room 34202.
The maid "Maria" (thank You Maria for everything) that was assigned to our building was the best maid I ever had down in the Punta Cana and we have been down there 4 times. She was very friendly and sweet. Even though my spanish was bad and her english wasn't very good, somehow we still managed to communicated pretty good and she took excellent care of us while we were there. She went above and beyond everyday with her towel creations. ( I wish that I had the chance to take a picture with her) I would also like to put in a good word for another maid "Santa" who was sent to our room one night with an another Maid (who I cannot remember her name) with a can of Raid to kill a huge beetle that had flown into our room after I left the sliding door open. I really hate bugs was freaking out and the fact the guest services sent 2 maids to our room within in 15 mins to kill it was very impressive. Santa would return later throughout the next week to make sure that everything was okay and would even offer to run a bath with Flowers and bubbles in it; which one evening was done while we were out to dinner and didn't even realize that it was done until we returned to room to this wonderful surprise. I cannot say for sure who did it but It was either Maria or Santa. But they both should be recognized for their above and beyond service.
As I had mentioned before there is a pool located directly outside our building and I want to mention the wonderful staff there in the pool bar. I want to say thanks to Margarita who was funny and personable. My husband and I are not big drinkers, so we mostly just drank non- alcoholic drink pop, juice etc.... Margarita was a bartender at the pool bar, but she also went out everyday with her Service cart and serve the drink of the day but also would take orders and serve everyone at the pool which BTW was pretty big. She always had a smile on her face and always a warm welcome when ever she saw you. The service was great, again not expected but greatly appreciated. (Thank You Margarita).
The food during our trip was plentiful and very good, I will not lie and say that some times that there were a few questionable dishes or food but when in doubt DON'T eat it. I did not get sick at all during my trip following that logic. The food in the La Carte Restaurants was good, but it was a slight hit and miss depending on what you ordered.
The Japanese Restaurant is a Must! Do the cooking show!
The French Restaurant is very classy and the food was very good, but as with French cuisine the portions were very small. So reserve early or late so you can grab a snack at the buffet.
The Garden Grill's steaks and appetizers were awesome. The mixed meat didn't go over well with our friends, but we LOVED the steaks Rib Eye or Tenderloin.
The Italian was good but go with the Pasta was very good, the steak not so much.
The Seafood Restaurant was good but I did expect more of a seafood Buffet which did not include Lobster, but the calamari was to die for soooooooooo tasty and cook to perfection,
The Main Pool buffet food was not that good, and check your hamburgers before you eat them as ours were pink in the middle. But the roasted chicken was pretty good and the hot dogs were very tasty.
We ate mostly at the Main Buffet in the Bavaro for Lunch. The main buffet on the Bavaro side had some of the best servers I had ever experienced both in Punta Cana and in Toronto. Being there for 2 weeks really allows you to get to know them and I can say that it felt like I was leaving my family when I left. I want to give Kudos to them. We went to breakfast and Lunch there everyday. I want to say that we were given amazing service by all but "Leandro and Ivelissa" were the best. Everyone morning we got greeted with big hugs and kisses from Ivelissa, she would get us seated and Leandro was our server who would ensure we had a endless cup of fresh coffee and milk if needed to take back to our room. He is a amazing person and his service was above and beyond. On our last day he even gave my husband and I going away gifts. That made us both cry as the gesture was so sincere. (Thank you Leandro). Ivelissa was kind and sweet; she took over for Leandro on his days off and provided us with the same great service. I just wish I could have seen her one more time before we left. (Thank You Ivelissa). I also want to mention that we don't have young children but I watched her with the kids there and you can tell that she loves children and interacted with them wonderfully.
The entertainment down there was very very good. I want to put in a few words about the aminnation team especially Alvin. He would dress up everyday in a different outfit and walk the grounds. From Batman to a Baby in diapers. He was funny and had the confidence to be able to interact so well with the Hotel Guests. He was especially good with the young kids. The hotel has a very special entertainer in Him. I would also let to suggest that he be allow to do something for the Canadian and American guests involving American Football as we love our football (and there is soccer activities) Such as a daily or even a weekly touch football game. Maybe even handling the the Superbowl Party. Several guest were playing with the football in our pool and he caught the ball and let me tell you that man has an arm on him like I have never seen. He should be playing professional.
The night time activities are plentiful around the resort. The is the nightly shows...I loved the disco one. There is entertainment in the main lobby, such as Dancing contests (which btw I won) and of course the casino and disco. There is also the night time outdoor entertainment. The service in the main lobby on the Bavaro side at night was good those waitresses have a hard job especially when it rains as everyone goes to the front. I can admit sometimes it was easier to go to the bar as it would get packed during the rain but I want to say that those girls were great. I would like to say Kudos to Carmen and Yahaira.
Yahaira was so good, she was funny and made our nights in the lobby sooooo much fun. She took such good care of our table each night whenever we could find a seat in her section. She was a great waitress and always made sure that we had everything we need.
If she wasn't available Carmen was there; she also was good to us.
I would also like to say that Claudia in Guest Service was very good and managed to get us all the reservations in the La Carte we needed after we forgot to book when we arrived. But all the guest services staff was wonderful. They took really good Care of us.
I would also to say that a good word about Edward Rivera from Royal Golden, who ensured that the hotel knew we were returning guests.
Reynaldo Borrell - General Manager reassured us know on our first day (when I was soooo cranky) that we would be taken care of.
I am sure that I am forgetting someone, but I want everyone out there to know the service was good. Treat the staff with respect and you get the same respect in return.
My husband and I do tip the staff, but the service we receive was not because of the tipping but because of the respect that we gave them.
I left my ONE complaint till the very end the beds were a little to hard for our liking, but if you like a very very firm mattress, then you will really like the beds.

Room Tip: Building 34 is in front of one of the pools, and the tv's have been updated to flat screens. it...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.

It is an honor to know that our staff has provided our guests with the natural warmth and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience. Please be assured that your comments will be forwarded to Mr Borrel, Jonathan, Maria, Santa, Margarita, Leandro, Ivelissa, Alvin, Carmen, Yhaira, Claudia and Edward.

Please allow us to reassure that we are extremely proud to have provided you an unforgettable experience, which reflects the commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years.

Thanks for your comments and looking forward to seeing you soon at our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.

Best regards,

Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from this hotel from jan 20-29 and we were Impressed .
First of all I truely believe once you experience this hotel with a positive , open mind you will love it .

Customer service was fantastic - checking was a breeze - Jean helped us and accommodate our needs with room location and was very professional , warm and polite

. We believe it's travellers attitude treat these people with respect , they work very hard and at least deserve it in return . We were treated with the best staff always lending a helping hand . We very pleased , building 33 perfect location , our maid was awesome never missing a day of cleaning and decorating our room to perfection . Yes we tipped as they deserve . No problems with our room , beautiful corner room perfectly located at the best . In the central location .

Trolleys run every 5 minutes but we chose to walk . Enjoy the beauty of a huge resort that immaculately clean, they pay attention to all details . Wow so clean everywhere . Pools everywhere .

Food - buffet great all kinds to choose from , always found good food . Japanese - my favorite - show table cooking in front of you adds a great touch :) others ok , French awful soo sorry to say but true not worth it , I had to leave .

Beach - breathtaking can't say enough , always finding chairs , beach bar good and staff also.

Lobby just beautiful :) lobby bar thank you Angel your fantastic , great customer skills and Eddy alsoafe me laugh andafe great drinks , try chocolate monkeys and the Cocolovos from them simply delicious .

Customer service send us champagne on our anniversary and was superb for booking the a la carte . His name start with Tz I can't believe I lost his name , young professional polite man who always smiled and should be recognized as many others .

If you want more alcohol just say mucha and u shall receive .

Sellers on the beach can be too much but will back off .

The grand Bahia deserves to be recog
Iced for fantastic service , food and staff .

I travel many places and I will be back to this resort

• Stayed January 2013
Dear client,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen one of our Resorts as your holiday destination. It is a real pleasure to learn that you could enjoy a nice time together during your last stay with us.

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations during your Anniversary.

We are satisfied to hear that you had an excellent stay in our hotel facilities and premises thanks to our fantastic service, beautiful rooms, pools, great food, and breathtaking beach.

Please be assured your comments will be forwarded to Angel and Eddy.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for recommending us and it is a pleasure to hear you would like to return, we will be looking forward to welcoming you once again at The Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Best regards,

Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

we all had a great time 6 couples all from washington pa . stayed at bavaro principe 7 days and nights great rooms great bars great staff and everything very very CLEAN , good shows just one great vacation ....get a chance go 4 it you wont be sorry . only one thing went wrong when we landed it was only 14 in washington wawa...LOL

Room Tip: all rooms good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and for highlighting the good aspects such as great cleanness, rooms, bars, shows and it is an honor to know that our staff has provided our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience. It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for recommending us and to welcome you once again at our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro and continue providing the most memorable vacations.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This resort is huge. We had access to almost every where, all the lobbies, restaurants, buffets, and snack bars so it was not tiring at all and provided us with good variation of food. Rooms where spacious and decent.

A la carte service was kind of slow so after the first experience we decided to always go to buffets for dinner. They really have good variety of food there.

Beach are was amazing. there wasn't to much seaweeds in the water compared to neighboring resorts.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed of a wonderful holiday. At Bahía Príncipe our goal is to make your vacation become an unforgettable experience. It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations.

We would like to invite you once again to our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro and have the opportunity to continue providing the most excellent experiences.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to seeing you soon!!

Regards from Bávaro.

Gran Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I paid 700 pp. for a week (all included). Happy people will like it, because they won't bother the lack of service. Loners will be unhappy because this resort is huge and has A LOT of people (the beach is full at 10am 'til 4pm). Families will be happy with the secure environment, the buffet, the pools, the cleanness of the lands. Older people will appreciate the simplicity of the structure (3 avenues with trolley every 8 minutes or so that goes from the lobby to the beach).

The Rooms: We had 8 rooms. 2 of them had really bad odor passing thru the air conducts from midnight to late morning (sewers and cigarette). so by the time someone comes and check what's wrong, the odors were gone so we never got to change rooms.
All rooms were clean and spacious. But the beds are rigid and humid. And it's a bid dated too.

The Food: I have to say we are a family of restaurant owners. But beside the BBQ that was more than excellent and the buffet very convenient et good... the restaurant à la carte were so-so. The fish restaurant was close to bad (bad recipes).

Entertainement: beside shows, nothing is organised in the resort. You have to go to Pueblo to find entertainement but pay extra for everything. At 11pm on the dot, everything closes in the resort even the ambiant music. So it got boring and lonely at night.
But the Shows are good in general. Michael Jackson was good, but you can tell that the artist is tired and a bit fed up. Nevertheless, good shows.

It is NOT a 5 star hotel. It is very clean but there is not much service, the rooms are basic, the food is good, the resort has not much "charm" beside the family ambiance (which are created by guests).

We had fun, but it's a 3.5 stars

Room Tip: 7:30am no more shaded chairs on the beach 10am not much chairs left close to the beach It's...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear client,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the comments about your stay in our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.

It is a pleasure to hear you had a nice vacation thanks to our food, clean & spacious rooms and night shows.

We regret to hear about your inconveniences, however be assured that your comments have already been brought to the General Manager’s attention.
We thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities and change any negative perception you may have about us.

Regards from Bavaro!!

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro? Share your experiences!