“Amazing Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro

Save Saved
You added Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro | Arena Gorda-Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #49 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Millgrove, ON
“Amazing Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

First time at Grand Bahia, and to the Dominican,
Beautiful beach, lovely pool areas, lots to do (day or night), great selection of foods, helpful staff, and convenient shuttle services.
Little disappointed at pool closing times, but fully understanding reasons behind it.
We arrived around 11:30 am and were not aware of the 3 pm check in - but we given our wristbands - relaxed - had some lunch, drinks and than taken to our rooms
Rooms were spotless and cleaned before returning from breakfast everyday - how wonderful is that - staff who cleaned our room we never saw - but, the guy who was stocking our mini bar was amazing - even running for our ice, getting a technician for our safe 2 times & help for the phone when it was dead - he was just so friendly and amazing, I wish I could have gotten his name -he deserves a raise..
I have already recommend to friends and will return very soon.

Room Tip: Middle of the resort - centre of everything and its quiet - middle floor facing east for a beautiful...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort, especially from our Quality & Customer Service Department.

We are extremely proud to have provided you an amazing time at Punta Cana, which reflects the commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years.

Thank you for your recent review and for highlighting the good stuff such as beautiful beach, lovely pool areas, good activities, great food, helpful staff, and convenient shuttle services.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro and continue providing the most memorable vacations.

6,854 people have reviewed this hotel

1940
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

The has been quite the experience. The staff is possibly some of the most charasmatic and wonderful staff (Andy is the greatest). The food is to die for and the drinks are always made to your liking. Sex on the beaches take your cherries and blue lagoons leave you wanting the ocean. Late night snacks by the beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations during your stay in our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Hotel . We are proud to hear that you had an excellent stay due to the charisma of our staff members. Please be assured that your wonderful comments will be forwarded to Andy.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Buchs St. Gallen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

nice hotel accomodation, affectionate reception, good food with different restaurants, nice weather, closed to the beach. Nothing to complain about. short transfer from the airport to the hotel, all inclusive offer very good. Many different pools and poolbars. Every day animation program. Andy and Rosanna of the club hacienda are excellent.

Room Tip: the best place to be,,,,, i`ll be back to bahia principe... club diamond
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program which includes a wide range of delicious food and beverage.

Please be assured that your wonderful comments will be forwarded to Andy and Rosanna.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Gran Bahia. We went for a friend's 30th birthday bash with 13 other people. The resort is HUGE! We booked with Apple vacations, and had a private check-in with the Apple concierge. I would definitely suggest booking with Apple. We were able to make reservations at each restaurant easily and had personalized assistance with anything we needed. We were placed in the villas very close to the beach (I would suggest requesting this as it is possible to be so far from the beach you need to take a 'bus' ride to the beach). The resort is so big it's confusing to get around the first day, but not unmanageable.
The rooms were nice enough, clean. In order for the electricity to work you must insert your key into a plate on the wall upon entry. Nice because you don't lose your key (I tend to forget where I set it down), and for the "saving energy" aspect. Bad because it's so humid down there it's difficult to feel cool when sleeping. Staff was great, especially after tipping!!! I was not a fan of the shower, the partition was a bit short and made the entire bathroom wet when using the shower.
The BEACH: Constantly cleaned by staff and with little seaweed on the beach or in the ocean. Beach chairs in good working condition. There is a roped off swimming area with manned lifeguard towers.
The POOL: The same beach chairs at the pool, our crew LOVED the swim up bars. The drinks were typical all-inclusive (i.e. sweet and watered down, some things lost in translation in ordering. If you're particular I would stick to beer, wine or water). Activity staff were engaging and easy to talk to.
The Buffet: The food is mediocre at best. Good service, but if your looking for good food make reservations at the restaurant. We ate breakfast and lunch everyday in one of the available restaurants.
Restaurants: Good food. Fun atmosphere, MUST make reservations. We did not eat at all restaurants but the Dominican restaurant was very good. The Mexican restaurant we frequented daily for breakfast and lunch, food was good and much better than the buffet and the snack bar. The snack bar food is dry and tasteless. The Japanese restaurant was very accommodating of those with allergies and placed our large group in a private room. The BBQ was very good but be sure to visit the actual BBQ portion of the buffet around the corner or you'll miss it!
Karaoke Bar: Fun, GREAT air conditioning! A limited amount of songs available but fun all the same.
Discoteca: Fun, good music late hours.
All in all a fabulous vacation. It is my opinion that you do not visit an all-inclusive resort expecting gourmet food without paying for it. We had a blast, and a vacation is mostly what you make it. I would love to go back and stay in the Ambar section of the resort!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Client,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your recent stay in our Hotel. Guest feedback enables us to continue improving and providing our service for our clients.

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen one of our Resorts for your friend´s 30th birthday. It is a real pleasure to learn that you could enjoy a nice time together during your stay with us.

We are very pleased to hear that you are considering coming back to our premises. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to welcome you once again and continue providing the most memorable vacations.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The place was nice, clean and well kept, the only issuse I had was that it is a BIG place and lots of ground to cover. they have shuttle buses but hard to get on with a big group cause they were full or three quarters full. Lots to do and pools were very nice. the main pool is right close to the beach if you choose to go down and take a dip. house maids and staff were very pleasant. Many resturants to choose from or just simply head to the buffet food was about 3.5 out of 5, just because they need to make so much that its cooked in masses but it also depends on what your expecting and individual taste. French and Garden grill A LA cartes were 4.5 out of 5, Much more care taken into the food cause its cooked on site just for you.

Only minor issuses or suggestions would be ( and this certainly isnt going to ruin the trip )- no smaller bottles of water to carry around with you even at request at the bars, only in a cup or a big bottle thats in your room. This place is really big. more shuttle buses needed. lobby shuts down early lights out 12am-ish.

Like I said it's not going to ruin the trip, just something observed along the trip.

Lots of entertainment to keep you busy, disco and karaoke bar, theatres, beach pool party etc.. but also places to R&R like the pools in the middle of resort. If your an animal observer, there is lots of little lizards, birds and critters to see and take pictures of and not bothersome at all.

I've been to Majestic colonial and now this resort the Bahia principe bavaro and as with the other hotel this too I would go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continue improving and providing our service for our guests.

Your opinion represents a challenge, an opportunity to improve our services, and maintain the magic that makes our dear customers choose for their holiday destination this paradise called Dominican Republic.

We thank you for taking your time sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I just recently went to this resort for 8 days for the Thanksgiving holidays, and had an amazing time. The resort grounds was beautiful, we got there around 12:00pm and checking wasn't until 3:00pm which we already knew so we left our bags in the front after speaking front desk and they gave us our wristbands and my girlfriend and I went off to explore the resort. The food and liquor was great, the liquor is not top shelf unless you pay extra for it but it didn't matter, I just needed my rum and coke, beer or vodka and juice and it would do the job. :)The beach is beautiful, the pools were amazing. Every day I was able to find beach chairs available no matter at what time of the day I went and if there wasn't then the staff was there to assist us. The pools are amazing, I would recommend the pools by the middle of the resort since they are more relaxing and less crowded. The staff was great, I would recommend bringing a lot single dollars for tips. The mini bar comes with sodas, water and beers, two of each. On my 2nd day there I left a note for the cleaning lady if she could please leave more beers and she did so everyday, I would always leave her 2 dollars tip and found my room when I came back every day very spotless, with towel decorations. One night we came back to rose petals on the floor leading to the bed with a heart design composed of two towels and roses and rose petals on the bed, my girlfriend got super happy and excited ;). one day the toilet got clogged and I left her a note regarding the situation and when I came back it was fixed. Food was great, good variety, I believe I gained almost 20 pounds from all the food I ate. There was always something to do, a lot of entertainment going on in the resort at all times of the day. I didn't really get harassed much by people trying to sell me stuff. Pueblo area is very nice, there is a lot of shops, Karaoke Bar and a Club thats open from 12am to 2am. For excursions and recommend the Outback Safari, it gives you a tour of the town and teaches you about the Dominican History, you go up the mountains and then end up at a beach boogie boarding. Also Parasailing, Zip Lining and Swimming with the Dolphins. The staff was great except for one broad, I believe her name was Blandita "Softy" in english, she gave me an attitude at the French Restaurant and then the next morning I saw her yelling at another employee, but other than that the staff was great and very helpful, most of them spoke English and understood what I was saying, just be nice and patient when you speak so that they understand you clearly. Remember English is a 2nd language to them. Overall I had an amazing time and I'm so sad to be back home to reality. I would be staying at this Resort again and would recommended it.

****TIPS BEFORE YOU TRAVEL:

Go to the resort official website, they have an interactive map there of the resort so you can learn it and know where everything is located and not get lost.

Email the resort a week before you arrive with your preferences in regards to your room location, A La Carte restaurant reservations among other things. Make sure you get the printed ticket for the A La Carte Restaurant in the front desk. They had a small difficulty finding me in their reservations for 2 of the 3 restaurants even after I emailed and confirmed with the resort before I arrived there. I do recommend the Japanese restaurant from all, the Italian and French didn't impress me much, I should had gotten the BBQ one by the beach, it looked very romantic.

Take your own medicines to the hotel, Tylenol, Nyquil, Peptobismol, etc. I did get an upset stomach from eating too much. The rest just in case. They do have a medical office there or two.

I read about 100 reviews, good and bad ones from this site and other ones so I knew what to expect.

Room Tip: Try to get a room between the main lobby and the beach, Its just a 5 minute walk to the beach and a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations during your stay in our Thanksgiving holidays.

Thank you for your recent review and for highlighting the good stuff such as beautiful grounds, great food and liquors, lovely beach and pools, and friendliness of our staff members. We appreciate these comments as they have been our focus areas for the past years.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon and have the opportunity to continue providing the most memorable experiences.

essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

First time at grand Bahia and have to say was a fab break from start to finish. We were in diamond which was a great room food very good staff couldn't do enough for us. My husband and I are now booking to go back next year really can't wait

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the comments about your stay in our Hotel.

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations and be assured that it is wonderful to know that you are considering coming back to our premises.

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro? Share your experiences!