“Great vacation and a really great resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro

You added Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Arena Gorda _ Macao, Seccion Baigua, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #50 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Great vacation and a really great resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We booked a 14 day all inclusive at the Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro for holidays. It was our first time at an all inclusive resort. The whole resort is really huge combining different hotels. Despite that the resort was really huge it was really easy to go around by shuttle or even by a nice walk around. The rooms were very generous and clean and if we were not satisfied with the hygiene the room was cleaned immediately. We booked the rooms Type A and were able to join the Diamond Hacienda Club were the staff looked after us very well. Everytime we had any issues or inquiries they immediately helped us in a very nice and courteous manner, so many thanks to Andy from the receiption of the Club. The food was always fresh and varied despite the snack bar at the beach which sometimes seemed a bit overwhelmed by the onslaught of guests. A small trigger point is that the wine selection was very poor and unfortunately it was only partially in the restaurant serving good wines or surcharge.The resort also offers a great variety of different restaurant you could book which I could all recommend. The beach and the spacious pool area provided enough relaxation options and fun activities for everybody.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort, especially from our Quality & Customer Service Department.

We thank you for taking the time of sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.

We really appreciate your comments about our staff. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forwarded to Andy.

We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again and experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This resort has something for everyone. This resort is gorgeous. The staff is there to make sure you have a good time. The bar staff and restaurant staff are second to none. We spent 11 days in paradise. My only complaint has nothing to do with the resort; I was disappointed by the attitude of some of the hotel guests. The hotel staff made sure everyone was very well taken care of no matter how ignorant the guests were. My hat goes off to the staff. Thank you for a very memorable vacation.

Room Tip: The Bavario is a great resort, when I return to this resort (and I will) I will stay at the sister r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Client,

We greatly appreciate that you have chosen one of our Resorts as your holiday destination.

We are satisfied to hear that you had an excellent stay in our hotel facilities and premises especially because of the friendliness of our staff members. Please be assured that it is an honour and a great compliment for us to forward such wonderful comments to all our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again and have the opportunity to continue providing the most memorable experiences.

East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

HORRIBLE SERVICE! STAFF WAS VERY RUDE!!! NEVER STAYING AT GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE! BE AWARE Bavaro,Punta Cana,Esmeralda & Amber are all in the same resort & using the same facilities,therefore made it very very overcrowded. The room was old, worn out & scruffy including the beds, jacuzzi bath, shower.The towels were grey, rough & old. The bedding & pillows smelt. Dont bother with the A la carte restaurants (That's if you can get booked in) I FOUND WORMS IN MY SALAD - when i complained to the mgn she just asked me for my room # and no apology -nothing! BEWARE of the Privaledge club sales reps as they are everywhere pestering you even on the beach. We wasted 3 hours of our vacation listening to some [--] about becoming a member for $98/year and at the end it was going to cost us almost $13,000 USD! Fernando ("manager") from privilege club is an [--] that deserves to get fired! I complained to him (during our 3 hr meeting) about the horrible service that we were receiving this time around and he told us that I needed to be a little more comprehensible that for the price i paid it was "good service". Don't bother wasting your time with them, just for a free gift!!!! They want you to buy their "timeshare" package at the esmeralda to have VIP service! NEVER AGAIN!

Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort, especially from our Quality & Customer Service department.

We would like to take this opportunity to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our hotel.

Regarding your comments about the food in our resort, we must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been very elevated according to the opinions reflected in our quality questionnaires. As well, let us remark that we follow a very strict hygiene program and constant monitoring of all standards of quality in our Hotel remarking that our guest's health and well-being are our top priorities.

We apologize if you felt you did not receive the service you were entitled to, but be assured that your comments have been already brought to the General Manager of our Resort and we will give the matters the proper attention.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities and change any perception you may have about us.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I booked a 7 day all inclusive at the Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro to go on a second honey moon. I was worried at first to book an all inclusive at such a huge resort but I am so glad that I did.

The food was amazing. I think my husband and I ate every 2 to 3 hours. When the main buffet is closed there is a snack area (which is actually another buffet area) near the beach. Many guests dont know it but it is even open from 12am to 7am, so if you wake up hungry in the middle of the night you will have food waiting for you.

Our room was spotless everytime we returned from the beach.

we only went on one excursion to Saona beach. I would most definitely recommend it! It was amazing. The most beautiful beach I have ever been on.

The hotel beach was also wonderful, turquoise and the sand was white.

Overall the trip was AMAZING!!!

The absolute best part was the staff. Everyone is super friendly and so attentive, you will never be ignored at the Grand Principe bavaro.

I want to send a shout out to my absolute favorite staff member of the resort, YEIFRID!!! You can find him at guest services. If you need any information or help with anything at all, he is your man. You can tell he loves working at the resort and serving the guests with so much kindness. We enjoed our stay so much we inquired on other location we could find in other countries or islands and he gave us a whole presentation on all the Gran Bahia Principe's we could go to on our next vacation.

I am sure my next vacation with or without the kids will be at a gran principe. I wouldnt dare try another all inclusive after being so happy with this one!!!

Room Tip: I only had one little issue. The sheets were fine, crisp and clean, however the actual covers were n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Receive cordial greetings from the entire team working at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort, especially from our Quality & Customer Service Department.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your holidays thanks to our rich gastronomy as well as the good service from our employees. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience.

Please be assured that your great comments will be forwarded to Yeifrid.

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations, and it is wonderful to know that you are considering visiting one of our Hotels.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel was HUGE, a combination of several different hotels combined to make one resort. You had to take trolleys everywhere because it was too far to walk anywhere. The linens were clean but the room had small ants everywhere and the bed spread stunk of mildew and i didnt want to touch it. No fan in the bathroom so you couldnt get really dry after a shower. The air conditioner barely worked so it was humid in the room and uncomfortable to sleep at night. Our room was right off the pool/beach area which we thought was great at first, but then we realized that there is an annoying DJ screaming from 11-6 by the pool in a mic and playing choppy music, most of which was not in english so we were unable to get any quiet time in our room during this time. The food was surprisingly good, except the mediterean themed restaurant, food was terrible there and staff was rude, skip it. Avoid the court yard area the shops, the vendors are extremely aggressive. They tried charging us $200 for crap and when I refused and said I only wanted to spend $50, they told me to go to the ATM to get more out. It was seriously disturbing and very intimidating. It was hit or miss with the staff, some very friendly and others had an attitude, and the ones that spoke English were still hard to understand. If i go back to Punta Cana, I am NOT going back to the Gran Bahia. I wanted to leave after 4 days for a 7 day trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.

We would like to state that our hotel follows a very strict hygiene program and constant monitoring of all standards of quality, remarking that our guest's health and well-being are our top priorities.

Regarding your comments about our staff let us inform you that we constantly monitor our employees through our Human Resources Department as well as the Bahia Principe Quality Department, in order to ensure that we are providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities and change any negative perception you may have about us.

Brantford, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Although this resort is huge, it is very easy to get around. Room was great! Service was great! Beach was beautiful! We loved it! At the end of our trip, we had a rep from the hotel (Jiancarlo from guest services) ensure that we had a great time. Thank you Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana for a wonderful week!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Customer,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at the Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort, especially from our Quality & Customer Service Department.

We are satisfied to hear that you had an excellent stay in our hotel facilities and premises especially because of the friendliness of our staff members. Please be assured that your wonderful comments will be forwarded to Jiancarlo.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Well it was our first time (my husband and I) going to the grand bahia principe-punta cana resort, Overall it was ok! First off, the resort is way to big as it has 3-4 resorts in 1 location. At first it was confusing as we didn't have access to all restaurants. So it took us a while to figure out this place out. On a positive note, I was really impressed with the service and how they maintain the resort inside and out. It was very clean which is an important factor. Our room was close to the beach which was great! I was really dissapointed with the food. It was always repetitive, the quality wasn't good even at the a la carte restaurants. What i was the most dissapointed about what I had experienced at the Spa. I have never in my life felt so uncomfortable. They had no relaxing music, the room was so bright and cold from the AC. I won't go into more details, but its was unconfortable and very unprofesionnal. And then we went to shop for souvenirs from the booths, when were badgered by the locals to buy something they had picked for a high price. On a good hand, they had great entertainment, the weather was great considering the fact that went there during their ''winter''. They had a lot of activities during the day, the beach was clean and maintained.

Room Tip: Having your room closer to the beach was great. We were on the first floor, we heard a lots of steps...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Hotel. It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us.

Regarding your comments about the food in our resort ,we must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been very elevated according to the opinions reflected in our quality questionnaires.

We apologize if you felt you did not receive the service you were entitled to, but be assured that your comments have been already brought to the General Manager of our Resort and we will give the proper attention.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at The Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities and change any misperception you may have about us.

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro? Share your experiences!