“Awful Hotel & Unsafe Conditions” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Memories Splash Punta Cana

You added Memories Splash Punta Cana to your Saves list
Memories Splash Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda | Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #23 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Chicago, Illinois
“Awful Hotel & Unsafe Conditions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Coming into our vacation in Punta Cana was a dream. It was beautiful and the hotel charming - or at least I thought so. It was incredibly difficult to communicate as every employee could barely speak english.

The language barrier was an issue the entire time on our vacation, however; the worst part was when there were two men trying to get into my room. Very scared, alone in my own room I called security to check out the area. Once they got there they couldn't understand anything I was saying which left me feeling incredibly unsafe. I had to have others from the party I was with to stay with me in my room for the remainder of the trip.

Overall - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Punta Cana.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

worst experience ever.....hotel is dirty...sink faucet is falling apart, no window curtain when we got the room, my friends room was full of water, bathtub was so old and rusty that we had to wear flip flop to get in. We complaint for 5 days and they never change the room. I had three little kids and we were terrify with this hotel resort. Strongly suggest to stay away from this resort.we saw ROACH, COCHROACH crawling on the wall and took photos and video then show to the general manager there, he did nothing and walk away ...very RUDE people...by the 6th day they got a room for us but we had to go home the night of so screw them..never come back again. excuse my language here but they were really bad ....so STAY AWAY PLEASE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reisterstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an average resort. I would consider it a sandals want-to-be. The property looks older and run down, especially in the rooms. The food is was plentiful and average, nothing spectacular. The drinks were very good and strong. We spent most of our time outside our room, partially because it was nothing special and the weather was excellent all week. The beach was as crowded as you would expect from a sandals-like resort, but we always found a place to lay on the beach. The pools were very nice and not over-crowded. My wife and I are more into relaxing than finding a bunch of things to do, but there seemed to be plenty of activities going on. Also, the woman who was at our building for assistance kept hounding us about some presentation. She also botched our reservation for the steakhouse one night and I was disappointed in that since it took away from my proposal plans from the night. I never figured out the deal with the presentation, but we never went. The vendors they let onto the resort are relentless too. We found them quite annoying. We also frequently showed up to dinner at the listed opening time only to wait almost an hour before we were let in. This resort very much goes on island time.

As we were leaving our room on the final day, the bathroom ceiling started pouring water, presumably from the room above. We informed housekeeping and the front desk and got out of there. We were lucky our stay was over when that happened or it could have been a major inconvenience. The rooms and resort could use a face lift. We got a groupon for this resort as kind of a last minute getaway and the price was good, so I can't complain too much, but I would not recommend this resort to friends and family. It has the beach and the weather and we had a good time during our stay, but that can be found at better resorts. We may go back one day for nostalgia as I asked my wife to marry me on the beach one night while we were here, but would not go back otherwise unless there was clear evidence of a resort make-over.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was my first time vacationing down south and I loved every second of it. Swim up bars, beaches, lots of trees, great food, clean room. I have no complaints. I was hesitant from reading some of the reviews on here but to be honest, I think people are just too critical.

We did the Roulette 4 to book our trip and it was great. We found out a couple days beforehand where we were headed and had no problems at all. Paid about $700 for the trip. Fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Average resort, with amazing beach, turquoise water, huge palms. Rooms are spacious, but really modest, there are huge bed, fridge (every day filled with coke, sprite, water..), AC, balcony/terrace, bathroom. Our room was cleaned up every day, but maids were really lazy, like everyone in this country. Food was varied, you can choose anything you want, we liked beach restaurant with beautiful seaview. Drinks are tasteless, coffee weak. Pools was dirty, because of american young visitors, they made mess at night..... Most amazing part of this resort is the beach, this part of Punta Cana has nice white sand, turquoise water, you can walk miles&miles and enjoy stunning scenery of this beautiful country. On the beach are sunbeds with umbrellas and many palm trees. If you like swimming, this can be disappointment, there are waves in this part of shore. This hotel is about 20 minutes from airport. Staff is smiling, animation team is really great! I <3 Dominica, I would definitely go back again, but I will choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I took a trip down here with a lot of my family. They have plenty of activities to sign up for as well as some you can just join in. My cousin and I spent every day playing beach volleyball with a bunch of people and made a lot of friends. The water is fantastic and the rooms were beautiful. The entire layout of the resort is beautiful! I would love to go back here at some point.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was a waste of time and money. The staff if terrible even though I spoke spanish the staff was extremely rude to us through out our whole stay. Our first night the airco didnt work and I had to beg to change rooms. This dude came to check the airco and basically did nothing to fix it. Finally it came to around 3am and the manager put us in a different room. That room was ok, nothing special. The food was terrible, I've had dominican cuisine before but nothing like this. Food was disgusting!!! The pools were also quite dirty. I would never recommend this hotel. I dont think I will ever return to the Dominican Republic after this horrible experience. STAY AWAYYYY!!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Memories Splash Punta Cana? Share your experiences!