“Most relaxing getaway! An overall great time...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alsol Luxury Village

You added Alsol Luxury Village to your Saves list
Alsol Luxury Village
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cap Cana, Punta Cana 23302, Dominican Republic (Formerly Marina Sands Luxury All Inclusive Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #10 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Atlanta, Georgia
“Most relaxing getaway! An overall great time...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pros: Luxury accommodations, beautiful scenery, lovely pools, servers were courteous and they aimed to please (in spite of the language barrier). Specifially Jonathan, Roberto, Ynocencio...
Not-so-pros: No beach onsite, but accessible by golf cart (free transportation provided by hotel staff), food and drink options weren't as plentiful as expected but enjoyable nonetheless.

• Stayed November 2013
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear MochaTravels,

We sincerely thank your for choosing AlSol Luxury Village as your preferred destination for your recent vacation.

We have been working closely with our staff to make certain our guest receives the highest level of service. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are glad to read that this was "An overall great time" for you.

We invite you to return and experience AlSol Luxury Village again in the near future.

At AlSol Luxury Village, Service is our Passion!

AlSol Luxury Village

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great time! The people were really friendly and the place was very clean as well. One of the servers at the hotel, Christian, was also very welcoming and nice!

The room that we stated in was also very clean and he bed was soooo comfortable. Additionally, the food was so delicious! I have no complaints!

• Stayed November 2013
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Lilkari00 ,

We would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at AlSol Luxury Village. We are thrilled to learn about your stay with us. It is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. Our daily goal is to offer our guests an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for you kind remarks and recognition of our efforts to bring to our guests a unique product.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your client back to AlSol Luxury Village in the near future.

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My fiancé and I travel quite a lot, I am writing this review for other travelers so you know exactly what to expect before you buy.
My fiancé and I booked the all inclusive for October 2013 for 6 days
We wanted a very quiet place where we could reconnect and distress, we found exactly what we were looking for!!

OUR ARRIVAL
The airport is wide open to the outside, and the atmosphere was really fun and relaxed, we paid a $10 fee for the entrance visa, which everyone that enters the island has to pay. There were musicians playing their drums and pushing their tip buckets towards the crowd, it was a lively and an exciting way to begin the vacation.

TRANSPORTATION TO HOTEL
The taxi was $30, The drive to the hotel was exactly 6 minutes from the airport.
WARNING- The hotel recently changed names so the taxi drives do not recognize the Al Sol name but if you mention the Fishing Lodge, they will know exactly where to take you.

HOTEL WELCOME/ PROPERTY
When we arrived at the hotel, we had a great welcome from Lilliana at the front desk!
Check in was quick and they also had welcome drinks for us! It was awesome
Then Jonathan, one of the chauffeurs gave us a ride to our rooms on the golf cart.
Jonathan spoke Italian, French, Spanish and English, how cool is that?
he gave us a great tour of the grounds,the pools and the restaurants.
There were 3 pools, several restaurants but only 3 were open, there was a chapel, a SPA and a night club that was under construction. There was no one in sight.
There were no shops for souvenirs ( yet)

THE ROOM/ APARTMENT
I will be adding a ton of pictures of the room but they will not do this place justice.
It was not what I expected at all, when we walked in it was the most amazing " hotel/ resort room" I have ever stayed in. It had 1 large bedroom with walk in closet, the bathroom was simply amazing with jetted tub and shower. It had a full sized kitchen large living room, balcony and the decor was elegantly modern. Our balcony faced the bigger pool on property and we had full view of the marina as well.

FOOD/RESTAURANT
They had 3 restaurants open on property, Kokomo, Mariners and el Cielo.
On the weekend they have a breakfast buffet which was simply amazing, my fiancé and I were the only once there, that's when I realized how quiet and empty this resort was AND I LOVED IT! It felt like all the staff was there just for us.
During the week the breakfast was a la carte and it varied from, French, Dominican or American breakfast menu.
I simply ordered whatever I wanted all the time and they made it happen, they were very accommodating and the chefs were just great.
I loved the food at all the restaurants and since it was all inclusive we tried all the entrees....why not?
We also ordered room service a couple of times when it was raining and it was great.
Overall the food was good, but you have to know what you want and ask.

WHAT NOT TO EAT-
I'm originally from Italy so I KNOW Italian food. the Italian restaurant on property that was not included in the all inclusive deal was absolutely terrible- it's a shame that the owner is from Italy and served such sub par food - I was extremely disappointed.
The pizza was awful and so was the service, our server actually told us our bill was higher than it actually was, then proceeded to tip himself right in front of us.

THE STAFF
THe staff was just amazing- I work in the service industry, so I am very particular about service. They literally took care of every need or want we had, there was no entertainment on this resort but the staff were our entertainers, they were happy, upbeat and seemed always happy to see us, we did tip very well....I recommend it ; )
Some of My favorites were Jesus, Mateo, Lilliana, Jonathan, Luis, Alexander, Bienvenido, David, Emmanuel, Ruth, manager Julio and Victoria who knows the true meaning of service.
This is why they made this vacation unforgettable; they planned this very romantic dinner for us at Mariners, then on top of that they sent us to the Blue Marlin restaurant at their sister Resort the Sanctuary. It was so wonderful, I will never forget it

FOR THE BEACH LOVERS
This resort does not have a beach on property, but has a great beach right around the corner 3 minutes free ride on the golf cart. The beach is quiet, the bar is not included, you will have to pay for food and drinks.

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS
The romantic dinner they set up for us which ended in a proposal!
Zip lining at Scape Park was way too cool! Would do it again with my eyes open next time!!
The people, I will never forget the most hard working people I have ever met, they MADE this vacation. Thank you Al Sol we will be back very soon!!!!h

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Nancy B.,

We would like to thank for posting such a detailed review about your recent experience with us at AlSol Luxury Village.

We are very pleased to know that this has been the "Best time of your Life" and that our gastronomy, beautiful premises and our staff with a personalized service did the best to exceed your expectations. We will congratulate our staff on your behalf.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Warm Caribbean Regards,

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We recently stayed for 6 nights at Alsol and it was a unique experience for us. I want to write this review for other travelers so they know what to expect.

First of all no one knows this resort by the name Alsol, if you are taking a taxi anywhere you need to call it the Fishing Lodge. When we arrived at the airport we had a porter bring us out to a taxi and it cost $35 for the short 10 min ride. Our return trip was $30. You won't need any Dominican money for anything. Check in was smooth and we actually were upgraded from a Jr suite that I had booked to a spacious 1 bedroom. The room is very impressive, modern, high ceiling, comfortable. Little problem with the air conditioning but it was fixed quickly. Our location was just steps away from the large beautiful pool. The grounds are very nice and kept up well. The eerie part is that we were alone there most of the time. Its just so empty. Looks like they have spaces for future shops in the complex but right now everything is just closed.

We love the beach so we took advantage of the free golf cart ride to the adjacent property, Punta Cana resort and enjoyed some beach time there. Took a taxi to the sister property, Sanctuary to see what it was like even tho our all inclusive is not accepted there we still got to use the pool and beach area. We checked out the beach at the edge of Sanctuary, Juanillo and decided that that was a much better beach so the next day we went straight there. When you arrive at Juanillo beach you can just take one of the canopy areas that have table, chairs and loungers. A waiter will come along to take any order you have for food and drink. This beach is very beautiful, perfect for swimming and just a very relaxing view. Everyday there were wedding couples getting their photos at this beach. The negative part about not being beach front hotel is that you need transport to a beach but it wasn't too much of a problem and only $2 each way.

Food at the resort: Hmmmm, it was ok, sometimes good, sometimes average, sometimes weird. My husband had to order a couple entrees at times because the portions are very small. We don't go to all inclusive resorts so don't know what to compare it too but going to 3 meals a day for 6 days did get to me. I would have liked it much better if they had a grab and go breakfast or simple buffet for breakfast. They really need to offer room service because sometimes I just wanted to order some food and not have to be waited on and spend an hour or more at a restaurant. That being said the servers were very good. The best meals were at lunch by the pool but you still had to go to a table. The unfortunate part about the pool bar is that it was by the smaller pool that didn't have any shade. Should have the lunch and bar by the larger pool. I like iced tea and it is not available at this resort.

Shopping: there is none. I needed some tums and had to take a taxi ($2 each way) to the pharmacy and pay $13 for a bottle of tums, no kidding $13. Would have been nice if they had a small store for things like this. Don't know where people go to get souvenirs but we didn't get anything to bring back home.

If you are expecting any kind of local flavor of the Dominican Republic you won't get it here. You could be in any resort, anywhere. We have been to other cities in DR so know what the country is like.

Some little complaints, robes in room didn't look clean. Lack of garbage can in the bathroom. Had to ask for more waters in the fridge. Only got 2 little packets for coffee in room everyday.

Some exceptional people that work there (they work for many, many hours with little time off so please bring some money to tip the hard workers for their service).
Ynocencio, Ruth, Davinia, Cristian, Jesus, Jose Miguel were wonderful.

All in all it was a very relaxing trip which is what we wanted. The price was great. The service was great.

Dear luv2vacation14,

We sincerely appreciate your detailed and valued review regarding your experience at our AlSol Luxury Village. I sincerely delighted to read how the staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. We are very proud of our team and we value their daily effort to attend to our guests needs.

It pleases me to inform you that our Exclusive AlSol Entertainment Program will be iniciating in the beginning of December, however we appreciate your note and we will always pay attention to the comments that will help us ensure a wonderful guest experience. Your feedback regarding the memorable experience you lived at our AlSol Luxury Village will contribute to the achievement of our goals.

We hope to have a future opportunity to serve you again.

In AlSol Hotels & Resorts, It’s Our Passion To Serve You!

Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I only have the opportunity to spend the night at Alsol Luxury, from Saturday to Sunday, we left the hotel at noon on Sunday, but from the moment we arrived until our return everything we receive from the hotel and its employees were wonderful hospitality. The Hotel is beautiful, the rooms very spacious and comfortable (They might find it in others) but delivery and friendliness of its employees in all areas and places of resort are unrivaled. Ask for Victor at the Front Desk, practically my contact from checking in to checking out, excellent person.

Dear Christian V.,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at AlSol Luxury Village.

We are very pleased to read, that you have had a wonderful stay with us, and glad to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and service.

We are grateful with your mention of our team members, and would like to sincerely thank you for recognizing their hard work. Our team is our most valued resource.

We truly look forward to receiving you again at AlSol Luxury Village!

Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this newly renovated and reopened hotel. It is elegantly styled and reminded me of old European cities. The service is great, the food was exceptional. They are currently offering great pricing! My stay was a great break in a busy life. I had the best hamburger I have ever eaten! It was amazing. My only issue was it was too quiet, well that will change as they head into the busy season. I will definitely be back and will be bringing my clients with me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Darlene G.,

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

For our honeymoon we searched long and hard to find the right destination to unwind and relax after our big day, and after many hours and nights searching (and reading the wonderful reviews), chose to spend this memorable trip at Alsol. We could not have had a better experience, a warmer welcome, and a better trip than we had. Everything was beyond excellent!
This is a quiet, immaculate and friendly community. At times we were the only ones at the pool or at dinner, it made us feel like we had the place to ourselves. Yet, the staff did not behave as if the place was less than full. We were always treated with the warmest of welcomes and the most kind and genuine service. Every meal, drink pour, hello and goodbye was done with the biggest smile and kindness of heart.
We were entertained and taken such good care of by the staff. They knew our names, our preferences and most importantly that we wanted a unique and special experience in their country. After 10 days, we felt we made life-long friends in them, yet every staff member we encountered was exceptional!
Jesus
Melvin
Davina
Ruth
Jose Miguel

We highly recommend spending your precious vacation time in this wonderful place with these wonderful people.

We will back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Ms. Meghan,

We sincerely thank your for choosing AlSol Luxury Village as your " Honeymoon Destination" destination.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we invite you to return and experience AlSol Luxury Village again for the celebration of your 1st Anniversary.

At AlSol Luxury Village, Service is our Passion!

AlSol Luxury Village

Been to Alsol Luxury Village? Share your experiences!