“Great Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
NYC
“Great Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently returned to NYC form an amazing vacation at Cap Cana. There are no words for this hotel to truly express how amazing it is...I have stayed at Paradisus Palma Royal, and Excellence Hotel in Punta Cana. I have to say that neither can hold a flame to Eden Roc!
From the moment you arrive you feel at home. The service is close to none. I have also stayed at the Mandarine Oriental in Las Vagas (which has exceptional service) and I can compare its services to any 5 Star hotel around the world. I have waited a long time to truly enjoy and amazing meal at a hotel in D.R. This hotel with it's amazing Chef can compete even with the finest restaurants in N.Y.C... and I have eaten at Daniels, and Le Bernardin etc.
Their chef is from Holland, and I can't give him enough acclaim. Every meal was to the point, all I have to say is that I was fortunate to have it touch my palate. My parents were celebrating their 40th anniversary and I was celebrating my 40th birthday/MSN graduation. Thank you Eden Roc for making this milestone in my life unforgettable and bringing happiness to my parents life. The special preparation they encountered one night after dinner was a nice touch (hot jaccuzi and exotic fruits). The pool had a nice quiet atmosphere, and beach side service was attentive. Lastly there were two main restaurants were meals were served, but when every meal is delicious and lacking nothing. Why have more restaurants?
Thank you to all the staff at Eden Roc, especially The Chef, and servers Valdimir and Tomas for making our stay...simply extra special for myself and loved ones. You have added to our memories a special moment in time that will last.
I normally don't return to the same hotel, but Eden Roc Cap Cana is one place that I will frequent for its exceptional attention to customer service!!
C.H. and R.G.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

While planning our 20th anniversary trip, we looked at many hotels and resorts in the Caribbean. Eden Roc seemed to fit our criteria the best. We were not at all disappointed! It is truly a remarkable place to visit and our day to depart came way too soon. Will definitely choose to stay longer next time.
Our spa suite was beautiful with its own outdoor shower and small pool. The golf cart provided us easy access to the beach club, and its pool and restaurant. I was initially concerned that it was not ocean front, but that was not an issue at all. We were less than a 5 minute golf cart ride to the beach. The beach was small, but adequate and very private. The restaurants and snack bars were wonderful...the food was some of the best I have eaten. The breakfast was included, and it was very nice. Not at all what you would expect...far more elaborate. Though we did not play, the golf course was unbelievably beautiful. My husband will definitely want to go back for the golf. I did not schedule any spa treatments, but that is on my to do list for the next trip also.
Having the golf cart allowed us to drive on the golf cart paths through Cap Cana to the Marina an another hotel and beach access. A lot of fun! There is also an adventure park nearby if you choose to zipline, ride ATVs, etc. This trip for us was about doing nothing but relaxing! And that we did.
The staff was so accommodating. We cannot say enough about how well we were treated. Looking forward to another trip to Eden Roc Cap Cana!

Room Tip: We originally booked a suite with lagoon view. At check in, they bumped us to a spa suite. So glad t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Eden Roc first impression is a quiet yet joyful place. Since i got there i was friendly received, they opened the doors for me welcoming me by calling my name, that's unique. We went to the suite and i was very pleased with the balance between the warmth of an small spa in the suite and the "avant-garde" of having an iPad to control the lights, music, among other things and also having free wi-fi. I've been in really nice places but that balance that i felt in the suite is difficult to get. The acclimatized pool makes you want to relax before going around and of course you don't want to leave the suite when you're received with fruits and champagne. While you're there you'll be assigned with a golf cart which gives you a lot of independence and energy to keep moving. Once i was installed i went to Riva bar , first i though of having a glass of wine, but once i was introduced to the bartender who is a very experienced fine one i decided to try one or two of his cocktails and i'm so glad i did 'cause it was a great experience. While in Riva bar i tried some of the tapas while sun was coming down and it was an exquisite moment, the environment, drinks, friends and great food, just couldn't be better to begin my weekend. I have to say that i'm a chef so my taste for food and drinking are higher than normal. I'm also a beach lover but i was so relax and chilled at my private pool that i had no time that day to get to the beach earlier. Went later for dinner to La Palappa @ caleton. Even when i got a little late for being "entertained" earlier the head chef received us and we tried about four dishes, all of them, one better than the other. The staff at La Palappa very warmth and hospitable as dominicans have the fame of. I will be giving those little details since i find not so often all that hospitality and quality in places here or some other countries i've visited. Since i'd been working non stoppable days before i go i wanted to take every little minuted and enjoy, so we went for breakfast and the first thing i loved about it is that it is until 11 am, so no need to hurry for breakfast, you can stay relaxing in your comfortable bed 'till late. Once i got to Mediterraneo i started my breakfast with a mimosa, and you can either serve yourself or please yourself by sitting and ordering. Breakfast was just very nutritionally balanced. I had to get my experience at the gym and spa since that's a part of my life. Small, personalized and neat gym that gives you the chance to workout with no stress and then if you'd like go to the spa it has very equipped lockers with sandals, robe, and all the stuff you need to just relax and let them do the job. I even run around the hotel and of course used that moment to get a chance to get a tan. The beach, which i have to say, being dominican as i am and not knowing that beach is a sin. I enjoyed it, fishes swimming around you in times makes you be really connected to natura. Or if you are an artist as my friend that just sat in the chaise long and designed some jewelry inspired by the environment. I had a great tan but if you prefer to be in the shadows just chilled you can do it. You can order food and drinks while relaxing at the beach. Since i'm a chef i asked them to see the kitchen and they politely gave me a tour, and let me tell you i was very pleased to see the harmony between the cooking and serving staff. A very efficient kitchen gives as a result of amazing dishes with a great service. And if you're a gourmet you'll enjoy the variety of wines, olive oils, balsamic, salts, and of course the menu. If you're looking for splendid time to yourself or if you're lucky to be with your companion be sure to enjoy the Jacuzzi with the salts and candles and you'll be renewed!!
I really enjoy writing this review just because i feel like living it up again. The only thing i regret is not staying there longer to spend more beach time or try more dishes. Even when you're sleeping your're getting what you went for. I really enjoy this amazing place and hope to be back soon. All that smiles, great services and wonderful environment are something i think you should be back for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Eden Roc is not like many of the other all inclusives in Punta Cana. First, it is not all-inclusive. Second, rather than cater to the boozy, party crowd, it is actually much quieter and is geared towards vacationers who want a quiet and semi-secluded vacation. If you are looking for a big party scene, this is not the place for you. When my wife and I stayed here, the resort was actually quite empty. A few nights we ate at the hotel's main restaurant, Mediteranneo, and we were the only ones there! However, the food at Meditteraneo was quite good. Our room did have an A/C glitch (these things do happen) when we first got there, but the front desk immediately addressed it and offered to move us right away. The mark of a very good hotel is their customer service and here it was great. We identified a problem and they did their best to correct it right away. I'll list out the pros and some cons of Eden Roc based on my and my wife's time there:

PROS:

-Golf carts! You are given your own golf cart to drive around the resort property and even outside the resort property during your entire stay. This was a lot of fun.
--Pillow menu. You can request a number of different pillows for your sleeping pleasure.
--iPad room control. Each suite (they are more like individual villas) is equipped with a centralized room control on an iPad that you can take with you around the resort. Lights, A/C, music, etc. all can be controlled from the control pad. Every room has free wifi too. Pretty high-tech.
--Beach. The beach is small, but quiet and quite nice. Drinks and food are available beach-side.
--Grounds. The groundskeeping was excellent. The resort itself was well-kept.
--Meditteraneo. This is the hotel's main restaurant and it is wonderful. While expensive, the food and service is top-notch. Carlos, the restaurant manager is friendly and even gave us a tour of the kitchen! We even met the chef. The wine list is great. The restaurant entertains special requests and can basically make you whatever you like (assuming they have the ingredients) if it is not on the menu. My wife, who does not like fish, was treated to special pastas, soups and other treats not on the menu at all. The breakfast is also excellent.

-- Riva Bar. This was a great bar complete with live music each night. Michele, the bartender, is knowledgeable and great to talk to. They also have a selection of fine cigars to choose from.

CONS:

--The Caleon Grill, Caleton Lounge, Caleton Pool bar (all down by the beach) were all closed when we were there. The Gastronomico restaurant is not yet open. So your dining options are somewhat limited on the hotel grounds to Medditeraneo (which is truly great) and La Palabra down by the beach, (which is also very good) or one of the pool/beach bars for lighter fare.

--Shade. There is NO shade at the large hotel pool. None. Unless you plan on roasting under the Dominican Sun, the only times to go are early morning and late afternoon. Likewise, there is limited shade for some of the private villa pools as well. The Caleton pool by the beach also has very little shade (I counted two gazebos). The beach, thankfully, does have chairs and shade.

--No shops. There is no hotel shop or place to buy little things like suntan lotion, razors, etc. You will have to go off-property for this.

--water. the water in many places in the DR is not great to drink. The resort gives you 2 free Dasanis per day, but then you have to pay for more. I don't think you should charge for water when you can't provide clean tap water to drink. Also, at certain times in the evening, we did not have hot water in our room. We had to run it for awhile for it to come on.

--Hair dryer. My wife said the hair dryer did not work.

Room Tip: The villas with private pools are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I and another couple just returned from Eden Roc. The room was perfect. We had a spa suite which didn't exactly match the floor plan on the web site but was still beautiful. Very large and spacious. The personal pool was great, and perfect for the mornings and evenings. The restaurants were good, but i felt they all shared the same menu.
This is the perfect resort if all you want to do is relax. The staff said that they were at half capacity but we felt as if we were the only ones there except for another couple who always was annoyed at how drunk we were.
Now for what to watch for, I am from NY city. I am used to paying a lot for food and drinks, and I really don't mind it. However, i didn't like that no one explained that tips and service charges were already included. I didn't realize this until we checked out. I had been tipping 20% on top of the 18% already included. Also, one night after consuming way too many drinks, we went to purchase cigars. my buddy and I got 2 cubans, the waiter cut them and gave us ashtrays and matches and once they were lit, brought us over the bill. They were $160.00 each USD. Seems a little extreme, and i think a heads up from the waiter would have been nice, but what ever. We were on vacation.
Now the costs. We stayed from a thursday to sunday. We did drink a lot. The other couple and my wife and I, alternated picking up the checks for drinks. We grabbed dinner one night and the other couple grabbed the check the other night and the third night we ate down at the marina and we split that. I got a massage, and my wife got 2 blow outs (because the outlets in the bathroom didn't work). We had fully paid for the trip before we arrived. At check out, our bill was over $3,600 USD. As a guy who doesn't mind spending money, i was even surprised at this. they other couple was similar.
Conclusion: great resort. nice rooms. very clean and quiet. some of the staff had some language issues with the english language. If you are party people this resort is not for you. If you are looking to get a way for a nice quiet vacation, this is the place for you. As a guy in my 30's i will not be back for a while. too quiet for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
daniele T, Director of Sales at Eden Roc at Cap Cana, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Mr.Kevin R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your suite and the different amenities the hotel has to offer and your overall experience was positive.

We truly value your feedback, for comments like yours enable our continuous pursuit of excellence in everything we do.

I have shared your comments with our team during our last meeting and acknowledged your review.

On a side note, the cigars you have requested to our Bar Manager are the
Cohiba Behike, the most expensive of our list. I'm sure you have enjoyed them.

I look forward to the opportunity to seeing you again at Eden Roc.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Simply the best in Dominican Republic. The best private beach and one of the best Spa that I ever have been. A truly great place.

It is a place that you can visit again and again!!!!

The palapa restaurant highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Licey7,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am truly delighted to read that the hotel’s level of service was satisfactory. Your kind remarks are sincerely appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My stay at Eden Roc was absolutely spectacular. I particularly loved this trip, as I was able to truly relax and share with my family. I greatly enjoyed the fact of having two connecting suites -one for my kids and nanny and the other one for my husband and I. Our double-suite had a bit under 2000 sq feet. This afforded us much privacy and gave us all a lot of space to take advantage of. Our kids felt especially happy, as they could play with all their toys and move around completely free. They were able to walk to the kid's club, where they could do a variety of interesting activities, and were also able to swim in our oversized private pool.

We all enjoyed sleeping in the beautiful beds, with their freshly starched sheets and elegant covers, as well as the huge bathrooms with all kinds of shampoos, soaps and bath salts. Closet space was beyond our expectations and overall, all amenities were beautiful. The mini bar was very nice, having a huge selection of drinks as well as lots of sweet and salty treats.

The food was extraordinary. There were several restaurants to choose from, each with different menus and specialties. We loved La Palapa at the beach, for its excellent Italian menu and informal atmosphere, overlooking the sea. There are a couple of very fancy restaurants at the hotel lobby and a very chic bar, were you can have snacks and drinks.

Eden Roc is a paradise for passionate golfers and heaven for beach lovers. We were very happy to take daily advantage of the free entry passes to play golf at Punta Espada, yet didn't miss one single day at the beach, which was an absolute delight.

The service is excellent and the staff is very polite and friendly, striving to satisfy the needs of all clients.

Last but not least are the spa and gym. Although small, you can get a wide variety of treatments and massages, and do a basic exercise routine while overlooking the lagoon.

This is an absolutely enchanting place to stay at, whether you can go as a couple, with friends or with the entire family. I definitely recommend it and look forward to coming back to very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear, MG33178

Thank you so much for choosing Eden Roc at Cap Cana as your hotel of stay and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel, its location and facilities. We truly value your genuine and positive comments, and we will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the very near future.

Daniele Trombacco

Been to Eden Roc at Cap Cana? Share your experiences!