“Not so terrible” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana to your Saves list
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 45% off
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
San Diego
“Not so terrible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Well, for what it is worth here is my two cents. I have read through the Terrible reviews and the only things I can agree on is the food and the tram service. We stayed at the Reserve, the service was great, the rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels in the evenings. I had to ask for the fridge to be stocked everyday, that was a little annoying but not a deal breaker. Maybe the service at the other part of the resort was different. We had 12 people in the group, everyone enjoyed the trip and want to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Reserve is great. It never felt crowded. It was beautiful and clean inside and out. The staff was ready to assist at any time. Our Concierge, Dalliance was very kind. He made all of our dinner reservations for us. Greeted us with a warm smile each time we saw him. I felt like we had the swimming pool to ourselves. We were on the lower level with a swim up pool. My wife and I enjoyed the outdoor jacuzi. The food was good to very good. The Italian restaurant VENTO may have been our favorite. My only criticisms of The Reserve were (1) desserts were not special (average at best); (2) we were a fairly long travel distance from our 4 wheeling, horseback riding and ziplining outings - and because the pickup transporation stops at several hotels we were most always the first to board and the last to get off after the excursion (usually an hour or more of transport time each way); (3) lastly several people gave us inaccurate information about the onsite scuba diving (the scuba diving sign-up and prep was a bit disorganized). The Reserve has great free entertainment each night - however we only discovered this after the 4th night.
The beach was beautiful. The swimming pools gorgeous. The landscaping was great. The staff was helpful. The different restaurants made dinner more enjoyable. Overall all a great and relaxing time. Thanks to all!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the swim-up lower level room - and the outdoor jacuzi.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our stay at Paradisus the Reserve was from July 27-August 3 it was our first time at this particular resort as a family. I highly recommend it to all my friends and family. The staff at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort/Playa de Bavaro were very friendly and helpful. They are also looking forward to helping you in whatever you need. One thing I really like about the Staff is that they all greet you where ever they see you. They all ask how you are doing and how your stay at the hotel is going. I love their friendliness, I have been to several resorts in the Dominican Republic and the Staff at Paradisus is the BEST by far. I can recall three Staff members that made our stay more enjoyable, JOSE REYNOSO at the HIDRO GRILL, MELVIN BRIZON, MANOLO VASQUEZ and the waiter HEHWAN RAMIREZ MERCEDES.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our stay at the Paradisus Reserve was from August 4 to August 11, 2013 our first time at this resort. We had a concierge her name was Iris she was the sweetest and helpful young lady she went out of her way to ask us how we felt every morning and if there was anything we needed during our stay she would provide to us. I had mentioned to her that I took a medication that required drinking it with milk and every night there was milk carton in our fridge.

The pool area had men walking around asking us if we needed a drink, there was one in particular his name is Emilio Valdez he would have a smile all the time he would go around saying “drinky-drinky oookey” happy as could be, I told him that he would excel because of his wonderful personality and he was such a hard worker. There was a grill next to the pool that opened around 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. the cook Manolo Vazquez was so attentive with all our request, there was also Melvin Brison and Jose Reinoso assisting in all our needs.

We stayed in a Master suite it was very luxurious and beautiful it was like a one bedroom apartment, with the balcony facing the pool. There was a small fridge that would be stocked with beer, water and soft drinks everyday.

Our concierge Iris made reservations for every night we were there on all the restaurants on the property. We favored two Fuego and Bana they were wonderful the first one the waiter Rigoberto Alburquerque and Amelia De Jesus went out of their way to serve us, the food was good. The other restaurant Bana was a Japanese restaurant we ordered rice that had curry, coconut milk and shrimp it was wonderful. The chef Carlos Lizandro Yam May came to our table and asked if we had enjoyed our meal he was very nice and knowledgeable.

I would recommend this resort to my family and friends, we would definitely like to go back in the future. The one thing that I would recommend that they would make it more accessible to older people like possibly putting hand rails so it would make it easier going in and out of the pool, and also the lighting was very poor. Those are the only two things that would need changing everything else, great!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Royal Service they are closer to beach and restaurants.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Lucia,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. We highly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and letting us know how your vacations were the best.

We are happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you could enjoy and relax. We appreciate you mentioning areas of opportunity and we would like to assure you that we are currently working to renew and improve ourselves in order to provide you everything we know you deserve.

We will extend your gratitude to our entire team, especially to Iris, Emilio Valdez, Manolo Vasquez, Melvin Brison, Jose Reinoso, Amelia de Jesus, Rigoberto Alburquerque and Carlos Lizandro for the excellency in their work and commitment to show to our every guest the pleasure of Pure Freedom.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; it will be a pleasure to host you in a near future.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Perera
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I am on the 4th day of a one week vacation to The Reserve at Paradius Punta Cana. Check in was easy (thanks to Rosemary and others) The grounds of the resort are simply beautiful and the accommodations are very comfortable. Nice swimming pools and facilities for children. The restaurants are nice and the fresh fruit (mango, guava and papaya) are also very nice. All the staff at Gabi restaurant are friendly, actually that goes for all the staff at the resort. Best of all is the white sand beach and gentle ocean waves. Spend as much time as possible by the beach--it's very nice. Luis, Jose and Adolpho who manned the bar at the beach were excellent and have kept me well "hydrated" while I am on the beach :) The pictures on the resort's web site don't do justice to the resort so I was a little apprehensive before I arrived. Overall very nice vacation (so far) and lots to do. I recommend this resort.
Noel A.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Noel,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

It is great to know that your holidays were as relaxing and joyful as you were expecting and that we were able to provide you the services and attention you deserve. We enjoy knowing that everything we offer is up to the desires of our guests, however, we are always in pursuit of exceeding expectations and improve every area of opportunity in order to recreate memorable and unforgettable moments with you.

We will extend your gratitude to our associates, especially to Luis, jose and Adolfo for thei great performance and service given to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we will be waiting for your return!

Kind Regards,

Eduardo Perera
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is our second time at this resort. We go every year and used to enjoy trying other resorts every time. Well we will not anymore! This place has everything and more. I did upgrade to the Master Suite (1 bedroom) so worth the few dollars extra. We had a table & 4 chairs in the dining area small kitchen with fully stocked and refill refrigerator daily,coffee maker and sink. In the living room a sofa, love seat desk , tv and entry on to our balcony. A king size bedroom with another entry to the balcony & drawer space, and large tv. Then the HUGE jacuzzi with double sinks 2 closets and yet another bathroom with the stand up shower in it. They do have the "royal" service which I will try next time. Really there was NOTHING I would have changed. We stayed in bldg 43 so convient. Close to the kiddie pool and the regular pool. Literally 2 mins. to either one. Always found a cabana and plenty of chairs. Pool service Mikey & Company were awesome. We came home yelling drinkie-drinkie! I never swim in the ocean jaws (I know 20+yrs later!) but it still plays in my mind. Well I swam 3 of the 9 days we were there, for the entire day! That is how clear, clean, and georgous it is. The food was awesome we ate everywhere except Naos. We LOVED every restaurant.The food was great. I really find it hard to belive that people can find a complaint. There are so many choices plus you always have the buffet all day! The pool service for lunch was a nice bonus although just stepping in to Gabby's with your suit on was perfectly fine. My 12 yr old daughter could not stop saying how amazing it was and how happy she was to be there. We normally travel with a group of people but this time we decided to go it alone. Even just us 2 it was fantastic. From the minute you arrive (to a cool towel and fresh drink) you're wisked into a private ac room and treated like royalty. Go you will LOVE it as much as we did. Can't wait to go again next year and the year after that and so on! Oh and for hte peopple who complain about the trolley...GET OVER yourself! First you are on vacation, so there should be no rushing, The most we ever waited was 20 mins. But if you are really in a hurry walk! most times it was there within 5 mins it seemed. Our maid was awesome they would come in at night to turn down the bed and if we were there would ask if we needed anything. We had room service 2 or 3 times food was really good too. Spa was nice a little pricey but nice. I did hear some people complaining about the time share sellers. Be honest and firm as soon as they approach you. They will leave you alone. I did it and it worked like a charm. Lastly use your conceirge that is what they are there for to make your life easier. They made 5 reservations at first then I went back when I was down to 3 days and they did the remaining. My only negative comment would be no elevators,so ask for bottom level. ENJOY!!!!

Room Tip: bldg 43 close to the pools and jitney stops at the door!
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Reserve at Paradisus and had the most awesome vacation! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to friends and family and would go again myself! The resort is absolutely beautiful as well as the staff which really made our trip very special. They were really friendly and accommodating and lots of fun to get to know. We especially liked the staff at Gabi Club and the Reserve Pool. If you go, ask for Yandra Sanchez, Frank Martinez and Juan Carlos Severino Guerrero and oh while you're by the pool....the absolute best server is "Mr Drinking, Drinking himself.....Emilio Valdez.....oooookey!! And Alexander Lopez "The Best" will keep you well informed on all the happenings around the resort so you don't miss a thing.....he will even teach you to Salsa if you would like! We had a fabulous time. We were there with in-laws and cousins from 10 years old to 70 years old and ALL had an absolutely perfect vacation! Thanks Paradisus!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Reserve! All rooms were great! We had three different room types and all were good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana? Share your experiences!