This hotel is adequate. If you want an affordable place to stay and don't mind a walk to the beach and basic food, this is for you. If you want to be pampered and have lots of variety stay somewhere else. We stayed here for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year's. The clientele was mostly Russian and French Canadian.
We had a room that was quite far from reception; I think we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice. The room itself was very clean although the maintenance left little be to be desired. The shower provided little more than a dribble of water and all of the fixtures were barely functional at best. The water itself - GROSS. It's so full of sulfur (I think) that it stinks like rotten eggs and if you accidentally get some in your mouth while you're showering you'll think you're in the ocean. I came out of the shower feeling dirtier than when I went in. The reception staff ensured me that the water was perfectly clean (though not potable - don't drink it) but it was pretty much impossible for me to get past that stench every time I turned on the tap. We didn't try the massive jacuzzi in our room but it looked like it would be nice IF there was nice water to bathe in, which there wasn't.
The place seemed pretty under-staffed while we were there but what staff there was were all trying hard and always had a smile on their faces. The "waiters" in the restaurant seemed to be people they hired off the street that day as most were wearing jeans and t-shirts with the exception of the "chef" who was wearing a uniform. The service in the restaurant was dismal, if you weren't there waiting when it opened for each meal you were lucky to get any food as it wasn't really replenished when the dishes were empty. Tables weren't cleared so guests would clear things off themselves and a huge stack of dirty dishes would develop on one table or another. The food was all overcooked and of very poor quality.
We may or may not stay here again. Everything was just "adequate" but the water thing was really off-putting. That being said, the price was about half of what any other hotel in Punta Cana was charging for the period. If you just need a place to sleep and a couple of meals you'll probably be fine. If you want a week-long vacation with lots of activities and things to go on site...pay more and go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms and apartments. 30 double rooms and 6 apartments under German management. Accommodation: All rooms are equipped with bathroom, shower, safe, air condition, ceiling fan, Cable TV, Mini Bar. The Hotel features a swimming pool and sunbeds. For our Guests we offer free wireless internet access in our lobby. Security 24/7. Location: Located in the center of Los Corales de Bavaro with unlimited access to all the sun, beach, shopping and dining in Bavaro. Our Hotel Beach Club is only 30 meters walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your whala!bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisios Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Hotel Alisios Bavaro Beach