“Your palate will never be the same” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Passion by Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Palma Real

Passion by Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Palma Real
Paradisus Palma Real Resort, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic (Formerly Passion by Martin Berasategui)
+18096885000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 200 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Free Wifi, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Irvington, New Jersey
“Your palate will never be the same”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

All I can say is WOW a must do. Every meal was delectably satisfying and the service was amazing. The ambience amazing. It was my birthday and I was surprised with an amazing chocolate and whipped cream cake.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank zaire2009

Dublin, Ohio
“Romantic/beautiful/gourmet/delicious/Very special/never have this at home!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Elegant, special, gourmet menu! I loved it all! Gorgeous decor! Luxurious gastronomical experience!!

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pedantic, artificial and lack of atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I'm driven to write about this terribly over the top restaurant with more style than substance. We went to have dinner here partly due to the Trip Advisor reviews and partly due to recommendations from our hotel. I try to only review either excellent or very poor places and this was very very poor. Additionally I/we have been to many high end restaurants in London, Europe and the US.

We were given disapproving looks/noises as we hadn't booked (as we were informed we didn't need to when we phoned to book 2 nights before), only to find the restaurant was empty. The service was attentive and stylish, much more so than the mixture of taster menu and courses our group of 4 had. The food was well presented but lacked flavour, cohesiveness and was not locally sourced - I know, I asked. It was all drama with no substance. Poor poor poor. I think Passion has forgotten that the restaurant is for eating 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Visual attractiveness and service, while important, only come into play if the food is tasty...

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
7 Thank ItsLondonBaby
Davie, Florida
“So amazing, we had to eat here twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was uncertain if my husband would eat here, or rather if the restaurant would accomodate a picky eater who only eats steak and potato. Many chefs won't alter their menu, especially if the have any notoriety. But Passion provided just what you would want. I opted for the tasting menu along with the wine pairing.I have never had such an amazing experience. Pablo de la Piedra, the restaurant manager, the servers, even the hostesses are impeccabily trained. The beef at the other restaurants at the resort was just ok, but not at Passion. My husband thought it was so good that he wanted to go back a second time. So that was what we did, although I ate off the a la carte menu on night #2. But if you are only going once, you must try the tasting menu. I hope that they serve the smoked potato soup with lobster, the night that you are there!

• Visited September 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Do the tasting menu - Your life will change. Despite not being included in the all inclusive, it is definitely worth the extra cost. Our compliments to the chef!

Visited September 2013