“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #39 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Thornhill, Canada
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the PCP during the 2nd week of August and enjoyed ourselves. We found ourselves agreeing with the vast majority of reviewers on this site. We particularly enjoyed the fact that this resort was adults-only! Our room was very nice, with some small problems we encountered upon arrival with the shower and fridge being fixed right away. (By the way, keep the balcony door closed or you'll get condensation on your floor near the A/C.)
The pool was nice and warm and the beach was also very nice despite there being lots of sea weed in the water. The food wasn't out of this world, but there was lots of it so we were certainly never hungry. We really liked the Mexican and Italian restaurants, though not as much the Swiss fondue. The Brazilian restaurant at the Caribe resort next door was also very good. The evening entertainment in the lobby was enjoyed by most, but a bit of an acquired taste for some of us (i.e.-- me) at times.
We took only one excursion -- the half-day snorkel trip which was a nice boat ride, (not enough) snorkeling and some fun at a beach. It was well-organized and we felt more confident taking it instead of the cheaper excursions offered at the beach. One evening also took us to the little casino nearby, which was OK but certainly nothing compared to those back home.
The major negative we encountered was the pedicure my wife had at the spa near the beach. She didn't feel it was very professional and definitely doesn't recommend it.
All in all, we had a very nice relaxing week at the PCP. We certainly recommend it and we also found the other reviews here to be very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

2,597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotels along the magnificent beach have relatively short frontages and extend back from the shore, so big hotels can stretch a long way from the beach. Fortunately, this one is relatively small, and you don't have to walk all that far. We stayed two weeks. Clientele is international, lots of Germans.

Pluses:

- Beautiful beach, can be walked many kilometers either way. Some surf, if you enjoy mild body surfing. Only one catamaran, but fortunately not in great demand, some waves in the lagoon make for fun sailing.

- Excellent bar service at the beach. I recommend the Coco Loco :-)

- Restaurants not bad, particularly the Fondue place, but buffet not exceptional. Restaurants at the neighbouring sites so-so, Dominican one best. Paella at beach restaurant is good.

- I recommend the extended Horse Riding tour, which gives a glimpse of the real DR, though horses were rather sluggish.

Minuses:

- First room had musty smell, got another. This is a common problem in the Caribbean.

- A/C very noisy (we prefer it off, with wide open windows). Water failed a couple of times.

- Front desk service could be more responsive.

- You need to do the 6.30am towel thing to claim a decent location at the beach.

- Sail on catamaran is rather tired, and a half hour turn is too short.

- The parasail-towing motorboat propellers chew up sea weed in the lagoon, so by the end of the day you are swimming with lots of chopped up vegetation. Many places have this problem...

This is a tipping hotel, so be prepared with $1 or 50 peso notes.

Room Tip: The higher the better (just gnd., 1 & 2)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Resort grounds are very nice and well maintained. All staff were friendly and accommodating. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Beds are very firm and pillows leave some to be desired, but overall nice room. Welcome fruit basket, rum, and cigars in all rooms. Beach was nice with plenty of beach chairs. Pool was very nice and very well maintained. Buffet/Beach grill food was good but not over the top. Was always able to find something good to eat. Beach/Pool/Lobby/Buffet bars were very good. Nightly entertainment wasn't great, but our group makes our own entertainment. Free WiFi in lobby. Paid $18 for WiFi which covered the entire campus. Good per device. We had our two phones and two laptops which we were presented with a timeout on day 3, however, they front desk quickly corrected the issue. Apparently there is a data limit or limit on the number of devices you can connect.

Room Tip: Building 5 is next to the pool and beach. Further to walk for buffet and restaurants, but the beach...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendly staff. When I checked in I was told that that the room I booked was not available and that they were putting me in a honeymoon suite for one night and moving me the next day. This was an inconvenience for me living out of my suitcase for the night and next day and packing everything up again to move the next day. When I asked to speak to a manager for the inconvenience, there was not one available. I was not compensated at all for the inconvenience after asking for a resort credit.

Room Tip: If you are going on a honeymoon here, don't. When they put me in the honeymoon suite, my first...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Angela G,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

Thank you very much for your positive comment about our staff, we very much appreciate them.

On the other hand, I deeply regret to read that when you ask for manager they told you that no one was available, when our management team and myself are here 24/7 for our clients. I assured you that I will find this out, in order to take the necessary measure.

We hope this inconvenience do not deter you in selecting Punta Cana Princess in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is our first time to Punta Cana and to the Bavaro Princess All inclusive suite & spa! The beach and water is just like the pictures, breathtakingly beautiful, the sand is as soft as baby powder. The resort was beautiful, very, very big! Our room was right next to the pool and close to beach. This was good because my husband has Parkinsons disease and is harder for him to walk long distances. FYI, they close the pool at 7 p.m. which is the time we would have liked to go in! We stayed on the beach all day, that is why we came! For the beautiful.beach and water!! The food is just okay! Nothing special. Our room was clean, we tipped the maid and the man who refilled our mini fridge everyday! Some of the restaurants are not air conditioned was always humid and stuffy in those! The day we were to leave the person picking us up was really late which made me really nervous! Also it was very confusing when we arrived at the airport in Punta Cana, no one there to greet us and take us to the resort. , I paid extra for this and there was no one .....we had to find a ride for ourselves.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LStMary,

On behalf of Bávaro Princess Beach Resort, Spa and Casino, we really thank you for having taken a moment to post this review and for your kind feedback.

Best Regards,

houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Punta Cana Princess. I felt that I got more than my money's worth.

Pros:
- very good service
- modern, clean room
- well kept grounds
- decent food
- good wifi in room
- nice and quiet
- access to other Princess resorts which have a disco and casino
- tv with multiple english channels

Cons:
- small beachfront.
- charge for internet in room, an annoyance
- not easy to print boarding passes
- drinks and snacks in the room were meager.

All in all, I enjoyed the Punta Cana Princess and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear hmflyer,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here.

We are deeply honoured by your positives comments towards our hotel, room, grounds, food, as well as the quietness of the resort.

Once again, thank you for airing your feedback and we hope to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

New Port Richey, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here from July 14-19 2014. This was supposed to be my 50th birthday present. What a dump! I was promised 3 cigars per day, robes and slippers and a premium liquor package we had paid extra for. Yeah right, how bout 1 days worth of cigars, robes were in our room when we checked in and gone 5 minutes later when we walked out to check out the pool. Never got them back until 3 days later. One of my cigars I received was half smoked, really? Premium liquor? only in the lobby, pool bar, beach bar, and 24hr beach bar always seemed to not have any on hand and could not get any when requested. I would highly recommend some place else to stay. I also did not appreciate the local who is aloud to set up a booth next to pool and by the restrooms and beach entrance. What a pain in the #@ he is! Hassles' you every time you walk by. Checked web site about restaurants dress code. They said Bermuda Shorts and sleeved shirt. BULL!! Men must wear long pants. I can walk in any restaurant in Florida in shorts anytime with a much better atmosphere than what they have. My opinion; DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A DUMP LIKE THIS PLACE!!!

Room Tip: go some place else!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear tambob114,

We would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about the events you claimed to have transpired during your stay at Punta Cana Princess.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experienced while under our care. I hope that you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway and after reading your review it is clear to me that your stay was not a usual representation of the majority of our guests, nevertheless I will revise your observations and take any necessary action.

All in all, we appreciate the time you dedicated to expressing your opinions and we hope that give us a second chance in order to provide you with the service you deserve.

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort and Spa

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!