“US Residents” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Bayville, New Jersey
“US Residents”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you are from the US, this is not a place for you to vacation. Although the staff is very helpful & friendly, the travelers are mostly from Germany & Russia. We found them to be rude & not at all friendly. Though the restaurants were very good and we did enjoy ourselves ,we would not go back to this hotel.
This was my 5th vacation in Punta Cana & my first experience like this. Next time a different hotel for sure.
PS. No dressers for your clothes, only shelves & a place to hang them.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We regret to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations, for which we would like to present our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Travelled to Punta Cana Princess Oct. 9 for a weeks vacation. Rooms were ok, but smelled moldy. No hot water all week. Food at buffet was definitely different (concoctions such as pumpkin and onions served for breakfast), liquor was definitely bottom shelf, and the vendors were constantly harassing you not only on the beach, but staked out outside the restaurants on the resort property as well. Our friends had their money stolen out of the safe while taking a nap. She awoke to find a resort worker pulling singles out of her wallet. She approached him and he frantically handed her money back. She had to identify this man to the manager, but they never even offered any sort of compensation. Bed was awful with a giant sinkhole...impossible to get comfortable. Pool was nice, but no hot tub to relax in. Beach was nice and kept clean, but if you like to hunt for shells, this place is not for you....not a single shell in sight from sun up to sundown. We had fun for what it was worth, but due to lack of resort hospitality, won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issue directly with the hotel management.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had numerous problems. Shower flooding
Door wouldnt close
Safe would not open
Key fab to door wouldnt work even after they gave me a second key it wouldnt work
Toilet would not flush
Service was very slow . Island is beautiful . Vendors are relentless and too aggressive. Not classy at all
Rooms are beautiful but nothing works right. And I'm talking shower, toilet , Jacuzzi. We gave up calling customer service cause we didnt want to waste all our vacation waiting on the maintenance man

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted on the web TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that might have been caused during your stay with us. All your observations were shared with our Managers who are taking the necessary steps to improve our services.

Best regards,

brooklin, ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

"Princess disappointing"

Would really like to say hotel was great but it wasn't. No hot water all week, staff came three times without even as much as a wrench and we watched in amazement as he turned the tap on and said "it warming, give ten minutes". We read the reviews about the hot water from other travellers after we booked. It's as bad as described. And it wasn't just our section of the hotel. We spoke to people and NO one had hot water. For first timers to Punta Cana this is not a Punta Cana problem, it's a Princess problem. We've stayed on Bavaro Beach before and there was always hot water at the other
Resorts. The poorly designed shower area has no storage area, your shower supplies have to remain on the flooded floor. Make sure you take extra sandals you'll need them from shower and bathroom area flooding everyday. Cleanliness of room was not up to standards. Merchants were allowed to be on resort and harass you wherever you walk DAY and NIGHT. Beach was fantastic, food was fine and Doctor at resort was required in the middle of the night and was amazing but that was about it. Don't book this hotel. We've stayed at Riu Palace and Grand Bahia just down the beach and they were superior for same price.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating these unfortunate issues directly with the hotel management.

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Oct 5-19, flew Air Canada Rouge direct from Toronto 6:30 am flight, no frills flight (great price), no tv, no music, no power source, no free food, but the pop, juice, coffee and tea is free. Seats were fine (some people find them a little small), it's just over a 4 hour flight. Advise for those that need leg room, we booked exit row 18a (at no charge direct with AC) and there is no seat in front of you. Used CNT transfer, no issues we were the only 2 guests in the van and were at the resort 20 minutes later. No one greeted us in the lobby, we stood in a line up for 20 minutes only to be told "special check-in over here" then we got the beautiful cold coconut drinks.
I had sent a request for room 5217 the honeymoon suite, and a big thanks to Hector that's what we got. Third floor, corner unit, closest to the beach, best room at the resort in my opinion (but remember no elevators). Very large, 2 balconies, the best walk-in closet, huge bathroom, comfy bed. The resort is still under renovations- which didn't interfere with us at all- so a few things still needed to be addressed. The toilet space is very cramped, your knees almost touch the door. The 2 person rain shower has blue and green lighting above - which only sometimes worked and flickered often you might think you were at a disco. Double sinks, large Jacuzzi. No hooks to hang any towels or robes. No shave/makeup pull out mirror. Its a Jacuzzi - not a hot tub - there is no "hot water" One day the resort had no water at all for 4 hours, it would have been nice had the management informed guests so we could adjust our day accordingly. No window coverings over the 2 large picture windows in the bathroom, don't get the ground floor corner room, those guests taped their laundry bags over the windows to stop everyone from looking in. Lovely fresh fruit basket and towel are with fresh flowers - get rid of them as you will have tiny ants everywhere. Why bother with the alarm clock/radio, we asked for a 9v battery many times and never got one, power goes out when you're not in the room. Safe, robes, slippers, beach bag, beach towels, all great, and lots of hangers.
Maybe because of the time of year, there was always a spot with or without sun at the pool or beach, noticed no one used the beach beds and they didn't interest us either. No pool - drink or food service at the pool (drink service is very limited at the beach). Swim up bar and the Mare restaurant are right there for you to get your drinks and food to enjoy by the pool. Ask for the good liquor they do have it, just ask. The pool entry slopes in at both ends BEWARE it is slippery. There are no pool floaties, we brought our $1 floaties from home and left them there. Vendors at the beach & pool, we spent a few minutes with 3 different ones, heard what they had to say, we weren't interested (been there, done that, got the souvenier and pic) and were never bothered again. There is a outdoor Jacuzzi for everyone to use, but no hot water. The beach is beautiful, soft sand, clean and clear water, and small to med. waves. Lots of chairs and shade but could use more small tables to hold your stuff. Don't forget to take a walk along the beach in both directions, bring a water bottle and your camera, that's an excursion in itself.
Food was good, lots of choices, no reservations, and you can't go wrong the bacon and eggs made to your personal liking. The Fondue rest. is air conditioned. Service was good everywhere. When I mentioned my husbands 55th birthday they made a special dinner reservation at Rio with balloons, flowers, lobster and a birthday cake- lights out and everyone sang. Room service very disappointing almost everything costs extra, bacon & egg breakfast for one person $12, hamburger $12. The free stuff is limited to a personal size pizza, soup, pasta, hot dog, and a chicken dinner with veg. Our package included a free in room breakfast, 4 eggs on one plate, one plate full of bacon, one plate full of French toast, and one small tea pot of coffee and milk, but no separate plates to eat from. Did love the bottle of champagne!! We did get the free dinner at LaCava next door - only a 5 minute walk (or you can wait for the trolly) excellent food, décor and service.
We found the overall feel of the resort "different" than other resorts, maybe due to the various languages, German being 7 out of 10 guests. It just made for more interesting conversations with other guests.

Thanks PCP, it was everything we had hoped for. Two weeks of total R & R. When my biggest concern if what bathing suit to put on in the morning - I know I'm having a great vacation!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback on our TripAdvisor page. It is with constructive and valuable feedback such as yours that we was a hotel and as a team can learn and improve.

Best regards and hope to have you soon back,

Fairfax County, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

September 2013

Travel Agency: Cinderella Travel
Resort: Punta Cana Princess
Other Travel Service: VacationExpress.com

I am so sick of complaining and following up that I am taking the email communication b/t the travel agent and myself to share the horrible experience at Punta Cana Princess, which apparently was booked by VacationExpress.

I was surprised to hear the Punta Cana Princess would be undergoing construction during our stay 9/18-9/22. Since this was my cousin's bacherlorette party, a special occasion in her life, I would not have chosen this resort had this information been provided to us when we were planning. I am disappointed that this information was not communicated to us since I am sure resorts have major construction planned ahead of time.

My expectations with using a travel agent is that they are or have contacts familiar with specific destinations and various resorts and book accordingly. I was unaware that a third party site, VacationExpress.com, was used to book this trip. I could have easily used the site for the flight and hotel purchase for all the girls myself. The travel agent went through the motions of contacting all parties in this situation and kept communications open at all times, but I feel like nothing was done. She also gave me reasoning behind using VacationExpress.com, but still seems pointless to pay a travel agent for this.

I learned the resort was undergoing construction from reading online reviews and had seen the pool was recently closed for renovation. A couple weeks before the trip, I called the travel agent regarding this concern. I spoke to the manager and told him about the things I had been reading about the resort and also told him I was surprised we were never warned the resort would be undergoing renovations during our stay. The manager called the resort to see what the situation would be like, and he returned my call the same day. He assured me that we would not see, hear, or be affected by renovations. I asked him to put a request in for us to stay in one of the renovated rooms, and he explained this type of request would be made a few days before our arrival.

We arrived at the resort as planned on Wednesday, 9/18. Upon our arrival, we booked a half day excursion for Thursday, 9/19 and a full day excursion for Friday, 9/20. Afterwards, an employee brought our luggage to our rooms 1108 & 1112, which were not the renovated rooms that were requested. At the base of the steps leading up to our rooms, mattresses were leaned up against walls and there were wooden partition walls dividing the construction from the common area (the construction area also closed off path that would have led us directly to the main lobby had there been none at all). There was a slight stench of sewage that would come and go. Right outside both rooms' balconies, there were men digging trenches so there was no privacy whatsoever. At this point, I called the front desk and asked that both rooms be moved into renovated rooms without construction right on top of us. They told me they were not sure if they had any rooms for us to move into, but if there was availability the next day, they would let us know. I proceeded to go to the front lobby to explain why we were in Punta Cana and again made a request that we definitely move the next day and also emailed you at this time. The person I spoke to asked me to come by in the middle of the morning the next day when the manager would be there, but I explained we would be away for the first half of the day.
On Thursday, 9/19, we left for our excursion and came back around 12:30. The travel agent had replied to my email by this point explaining she contacted both the resort and VacationExpress.com so I approached the front desk to see if our new rooms were available. He said he wanted to show me the rooms before we moved our luggage over, but he said they were still being cleaned and would be available in 15 minutes. I told him we'd go to lunch and come back afterwards to look at the rooms. We went to lunch and returned to the front desk thinking the rooms would be ready. The manager asked us to wait another 30 minutes to have the rooms "finished". We ended up sitting in the lobby for this time since it was pointless to go to the pool or beach for a half hour.
A half hour passed, and the manager sent an employee up to the new rooms with us to make sure we were okay with the new accommodations. We were happy the building was closer to the beach and was a renovated building. We walked into both rooms they had available for us and everything looked fine and much better than the 20+ year old rooms we were already occupying. Plus, there weren't men in trenches digging around exposed pipeline. When we finally got our luggage moved over to the new rooms, it was already 3:00 so this whole ordeal ended up taking 2.5 hours.
I wanted to email the travel agent to tell her about how impressive the new rooms were, but later that evening, more issues arose. We were getting showered and ready for the evening. One of the new rooms #5110 (with the bachelorette and two of the girls) had a major issue with the shower. One of the girls went to shower, but found that the shower's drain barely drained and as a result, water from the shower quickly spread outside the shower and bathroom area quickly. We used all the towels and robes available to soak up the mess, and she went into the other room to finish showering as we notified the front desk of the issue. They sent two maintenance men up to the room to look at the shower, and they basically just looked at it, sopped up water with our already soaked towels, and left with the towels (which I later found balled up in the hallway). There was no real attempt to look at the drain or find what the issue was.

All the girls ended up showering in the other room, which we were lucky to have. Otherwise, the hotel had no real solution for this problem. There was also no hot water that evening, which I learned was a hotel-wide issue due to something that had happened with construction earlier in the day. The manager we spoke to that night said the girls in that room would be moved to another renovated room the following day and asked us to stop by the front desk at 11am the next day. We explained we had booked an all day excursion, and the manager said he'd have a room for us when we returned.
On Friday, 9/20, we returned from our all-day excursion around 6pm (the manager was already gone for the day). We approached the front desk representative and asked about the new room for the girls to move into. The representative said there were none available to move into and said maybe they'd have one the following day. Another employee/assistant manager? approached us and at this point, we questioned where the three girls were to shower if we didn't happen to have the other girls' room to shower in. Again, there was no solution for the problem except for the possibility of a move the next day (which we were told the night before). We were also frustrated because the man said he didn't have any indication or record showing the three girls were supposed to move to a new room that day. We spent a good amount of time at the front desk after our excursion trying to figure out what the plan would be for us. The Assistant Manager sent maintenance up to the room again, which resulted in a little bit better of water drainage (but water still spilled outside of the shower area). The girls in that room ended up showering by sudsing up and using the water intermittently for the rest of the trip.
On Saturday, 9/21, the resort still had no solution for the recurring water drainage issue for us. I believe Sunita tried contacting you, but was unsuccessful in doing so since it was Saturday. She also spent time up at the front desk trying to figure out if a new room would be available. The hotel staff showed her a new room, but the shower had the same issue so the girls decided to stay in the room to avoid packing and moving for the last evening of our trip.
Other problems and complaints I have (but don't seem as large of an issue when compared to everything explained above) are the following:
--beach/pool towels provided in one room, but not the other
--there were no drinking glasses provided in one of the newly renovated rooms although the coasters were there
--television in one of the newly renovated rooms did not work and was not fixed after complaining
--the rooms overall (all 4 we stayed in) were not cleaned well, and there was a sour/damp stench in the newer room (#5102) that was not having as bad of drainage problems

All in all, this trip had a lot of problems, which all seem to be a result of the property being under construction, which again was not communicated to us. This also stressed all of us out on what was supposed to be a care-free celebratory vacation. Managers at the resort appeared to the only decision makers, but they were only available during the daytime when we were out for our excursions. Otherwise, front desk staff was not helpful and seemed annoyed at us for complaining about the valid issues we were experiencing. I also noticed communication amongst staff was very poor. I requested at least a partial refund for each girl as a result of this mess.

Results:
Travel Agency: Cinderella Travel – nothing
Resort: Punta Cana Princess – about $40/girl (this is a joke)
Other Travel Service: VacationExpress.com -- $50 voucher for future bookings through site expiration 1 year (yeah right…I will never use this stupid site)

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2013

St. Catharines, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have traveled several times to Punta Cana and been to the Princess for 3 different visits. We love it here and look forward to getting back. Our last visit was April with our adult children, who also settled right in thinking of the resort as home.
The staff overall are awesome while some servers English is limited mainly in the buffet restaurant where they know what they need to do their job well but can't stray off on conversation.

The al a carte restaurants are quite nice and the fact there are no reservations required is awesome never more than a few minute wait. There are more restaurants on the sister resort that we can go to as we are adult only and they are family here you do require reservations.

The bar at the beach is heaven and spend any free time there just taking it all in. The rooms are spacious and maid service is good, the rooms are getting a bit tired and could soon use a make over.
The beach is gorgeous and you can walk for miles. There is only 1 pool but it fits the size of the resort no problem and you don't ever really have trouble getting chairs as at so many other places.
The grounds are immaculate and while there are not that many rooms the resort is a very nice size. A downfall would be that if your looking for night entertainment you do have to go next door.

There is an animation team that offers things to do if you want and leave you alone if your there for just R.& R.

Room Tip: We always ask for 3rd floor rooms as we like the extra exercise, cathedral ceilings and less chance...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your heartwarming, positive feedback.

At Punta Cana Princess, we continuously try to make each guest experience pleasant and memorable and we are extremely pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

When we get reviews such as yours, it makes all our efforts worth it!

Community Manager

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!