“Awesome Vacation turned Engagement!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Arlington, Virginia
“Awesome Vacation turned Engagement!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Punta Cana Princess July 2-9, 2013 and had a great first experience in the Dominican! This was our first time visiting an all-inclusive resort and both of us have nothing but good things to say about the hotel, beaches, staff, food, activities, etc. The beautiful property was very clean, lush grounds well kept, and the restaurants/buffets constantly refreshed.

We remarked at how very friendly and genuinely welcoming all the staff members were. Each and every day we were greeted with smiles and enthusiasm from just about everyone we encountered. I was initially somewhat nervous about communicating, but most staff members spoke English, and praised our feeble attempts to use Spanish.

We were also pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous weather and warm blue waters. When we checked the weather forecast for Punta Cana we were disappointed to see rain expected each day of our trip, but similar to the U.S. Northeast climate, the days were warm and the evenings gave way to a light quick rain followed by a beautiful breezy evening. We also noted that most of all the public spaces on the resort were open air, without walls or windows, but surprisingly bugs/flies were a non-issue.

Finally, we also enjoyed the flexibility of moving around between/off of the Princess resorts. Our resort, Punta Cana Princess was an adults only environment with several restaurants and bars to choose from, but at least twice we ventured out to the other Princess resorts for dinner, drinks, and a change of scenery at no cost with transportation provided. Also we found it quite easy to book excursions at the hotel for the following day or later that week as desired.

In short, I would very much recommend this resort for a romantic getaway with your loved one, a group trip with other couples, or just a girlfriends vacation. There is something for everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Punta Cana Princess and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Punta Cana Princess, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion.

Congratulations on your engagement and all the luck for the times to come.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

With Kindest Regards,

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

overall from 1-10 ratings:
(1 )first appearance of the place after the poor road ride there would be an 8.
(2 )welcome staff was good and if there were any issues for your room they were quick to
respond and help. I give them a 10 for that!
(3) food was ok and about average for a resort. We did get some under cooked fish once but
the barbecue on the beach was excellent. That being said I give it a 7.
(4) This resort offered you to go to the other resorts they owned for the restaurants and use of
the resorts if wanted. problem there was you could only have a max group of 4 to go to the
restaurants......weak! We met some people there and tried to set it up and got so discussed
we walked away . sorry you get a 1 for that! The resorts offer free shuttle transportation this
also was a joke! once again you get a 1 and I am being generous here!
(5) bar service overall was good everywhere you get a 9.
(6) entertainment was good to a point. My opinion you have entertainers at this resort who
have a great voice to sing and should be doing this at night! I could not remember names
so well but there was one girl there who had a beautiful voice that worked at the pool bar in
the afternoon. the entertainment team did do games during the day but felt they need to sell
it better to get the people to participate . Overall the team gets a 6-7. too much talent is
being wasted there. real entertainment involves people who sing along with there acts.
(7) Another problem here was everything was like a secret here. you never knew where
you were going to eat till you got there and hoped they were open. We checked the
board on a daily basis which overall was a bit confusing. overall there I give it a 5.
(8) ok the beach! Beach was nice but we prefer the calm waters . beautiful sands but
problem with the fine sands and winds is a bad thing here. honestly sitting on the beach
was like sitting in front of a sand blasting machine! We tried it twice but ended up hanging
at the pool all day there. Beautiful beach is about a 8
all the sand blasting mixed in I give it only a 4 sorry!
(9) bottom line here .....overall our stay was ok. If compared to our Jamaican vacations
I would have rather went there instead. overall this place gets about a 5-6. is this a 4 or 5
star resort........ NOT EVEN CLOSE!
(10) last comment here when buying from any venders don't pay full price here. everything
here is marked up about double of what its worth. keep chopping down the price even
with their offers, if they want to sell it they will come down in price. if they don't walk away
and check with another vendor!!!!!!!!!! "oh yeah " Time share BEWARE and walk out
as quickly as possible! famous last words : Your VIP and your vacations can be 50% off.
You pay over 20 years but you must pay it off in 5 so you can have enough points to go
anywhere there. Who are you *ulls^i**ing here! Will we be coming back here.....Not even
close!

Dear Guest,

We welcome your comments on TripAdvisor and your confidence in Punta Cana Princess. We are pleased that certain details of the hotel have met your expectations. We want to communicate that we will work on the rest of details you described to improve our services.

Thank you once again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

East Amherst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm a little late writing this review, but still wanted to contribute! I stayed at this resort for the 2nd time for a week during April.

Check in is a breeze and they greet you with a nice cocktail when you arrive.

The property is absolutely beautiful and we noticed the maintenance workers constantly trimming and planting to keep the grounds looking fantastic.

Rooms are definitely dated, but we never spend much time in the room, so it doesn't bother me. They are clean and the fridge is always well stocked with pop, beer, water! I hear the hotel is going to be remodeling the rooms, so that is a HUGE plus and will have me coming back in the future!

Restaurants are excellent and I love not having to make reservations for dinner. They also rotate which ones are open at night, so pay attention to the restaurant boards so you can visit each one of them during your stay!

Pool was extremely crazy while we were there! It was the first time I've ever stayed at a hotel and had to wake up before 6am in order to get a chair. Yes, I did say 6am. Despite having the "rule" that states, no saving chairs, people were reserving chairs before the sun was up. Here's my feeling on that. I don't mind if you want to get up that early to reserve your chair, but you better be there all day long. It really sucks when you are trying to find a chair by the pool and notice towels on them, but you don't see people using them until the afternoon! I noticed SEVERAL people abusing this. They would put towels down, head to the beach and you wouldn't see them until late in the afternoon. Jeez...

Pool was in need of a paint job, but still refreshing and the pool bar was always ready to serve up cocktails. One issue with the pool bar... We had a group that would consistently sit on the bar making it extremely difficult to swim up and get a drink. I was surprised the staff did not say anything. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to touch the bar where someones wet bottom was sitting... gross.

Staff was AWESOME as usual! Always trying to get you involved, but were not pushy if you didn't want to participate. Also loved that they tolerated me "practicing" my Spanish haha!

Overall, I love this place! I teach high school, so when I go on vacation, I love the fact that I can come here and not deal with kids AT ALL. Definitely recommend for anyone looking to have a nice quiet, relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in building 4 or 5!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you have had a most pleasant stay in our Hotel. Thank you for your words concerning our staff, which is extremely important to us. It motivates and inspires us to continue to welcome our guests the correct way.

We would really appreciate if you could keep us informed of your next visit. It will be a pleasure to host you once again.

Kind regards and keep practicing your Spanish! =)

Your Punta Cana Princess Family!
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited this property from July 11-15, 2013. We found the property to be clean; the food was very good in all the restaurants; most of the staff very friendly. The beach was absolutely gorgeous! On the negative side of things - this property is in need of some TLC in the maintenance area - pool needing resurfacing, lounge chairs broken, etc.... There was no poolside or beachside beverage or food service - we had to get up and go to the bar areas for our drinks. There were inconsistencies with mixed drinks from one bar to the other. We found the peddlers both on the beach and on the property to be annoying. We visited its sisters properties and found them to be comparable. The dance talent in the show was just average. Also, there is no designated smoking areas, except in the main buffet dining room, so if you are a non-smoker be prepared. Coming from the USA we were not used to this, especially on the beach and in the restaurants. We were only allotted one very thin white bath towel and hand towel per person - no washcloth and the pillows were extremely thin, so one person would need to use two. We got a great deal for our 4 day stay, but this is definitely not a five star property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We regret to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations, for which we would like to present our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor our success in meeting guests needs and expectations.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

Best regards,

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My friend & I were there the 2nd week of July 2013. It is slow season so there was no waiting for anything. The resort is maybe 1/2 full. Pool & beach chairs are always open. It is very hot & humid then but well worth it not fighting a crowd. Driving from airport took about 45 min due to stopping at 2 other resorts from our shared transportation. Driving is crazy here, no stop signs or traffic lights. When arriving we were handed a tropical drink while we checked in. Our room was on the 1st floor, 2 dbl beds, sunken mini living area, flat screen TV, lots of dressers/drawers, mini stocked fridge, 2 robes to use, safe in closet, umbrella, fruit basket, bottle of rum, beach towels, nice patio with sm table & 2 chairs. Yes the room does have a slight smell to it & dampness, but your in the tropics, it's to be expected. The A/C worked fine & we kept the ceiling fan on all the time. There is a hair dryer, bottles of shampoo, bath wash, glasses, soap, etc. a magnified mirror on an extension arm to put on makeup/shave. The water pressure is great, but note you can NOT drink water out of sink, use bottled water for teeth, etc.
OK now to show good & bad:

GOOD: The beach is AWSOME, large, where you can walk in either direction for a long ways. The sand is so soft & in the ocean it's the same. There are waves since your on the Atlantic side, but nothing bad, we enjoyed jumping them.
The pool is large, great & not cold. There are 2 areas where it gradually walks in (like a beach) so it's easy to get in & out. The volleyball area in the pool was always being used. The pool bar is nice & bartenders friendly.
The landscaping is beautiful & they are always working on it.
The 4 a-la-cart restaurants are pretty good & 3 have A/C. You can eat at them anytime & as many times as you want w/ no reservations. They are very small, but we liked it that way. The buffet was OK, lots of choices & we never left hungry.
The staff is friendly & always say hello. Knowing some Spanish would be very helpful, we did not & did fine.
If you turn left on the beach & walk about 8 minutes there are about 10 vendor shacks you can buy misc. souvenirs & barter with the guys. Do not buy at the resort, prices are high.
They plan on starting a huge renovation in Aug., I can't imagine this place even better.

BAD: The entertainment staff is awful, they are the same people as the activity staff during the day. The shows are in the main lobby where there is no air movement. It's like camp staff week.
During the day, the so called planned activities rarely happened. We were looking forward to the daily water aerobics but they only happened once. They come out every day & dance the same dance to the same song. I guess I should take in the fact it is slow season so there are not a lot of people there to participate. Plus I am not there to be entertained.
The buffets have a different theme every night, which is good, but on Dominican night the vendors are VERY PUSHY! Say NO & keep walking.
It's amazing how some people from other countries can be so rude.

TIPS:
Wear flips flops around pool deck, the cement gets VERY HOT.
Bring a float, raft, noodle etc. to float around in pool.
Bring a xlg. insulated type cup w/ lid to have your drinks made in.
Tip the workers, they work hard on very little pay.
If you eat in the lg. buffet, go late when it's cooler.
Bring lots of sunscreen, it cost about $25 a bottle there.
Where a hat, our scalps got burnt & hurt.
Know some Spanish!!!
Try a Banana Mama & the Coco Loco drinks!! YUM!!
Enjoy this place, it's paradise!
I would for sure return.

Room Tip: We loved the 1st floor since there is no elevator. Building 4 or 5 is best. 3rd floor has vaulted...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We welcome your comments on TripAdvisor and your confidence in Punta Cana Princess. We are truly delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us. We want to communicate that we will work on the rest of details you described to improve our services.

Regards,

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This resort met all of our expectations, and exceeded many of them. For your convenience, I will list eachexpectation in detail:

Pool:

The pool was clean and situated at the center of all hotel rooms, which was nice becuase it made it a central place to be. Although it has some wear and tear, this does not take away from the experience. The swim-up bar is great and is situated at the center of the pool, therefore, you are at teh center of the excitement while there. The servers are, for the most part, friendly. If you tip early in your stay, you will receive better service without question. There are entertainers that organize and commentate drinking games and pool games every day, so it's always a fun place to be.

Beach:

The beach is beautiful and clean. There are security guards that walk it daily and nightly, thereby minimizing the foot traffic of locals attempting to hassle you. As a result, it is very safe. There is plenty of seating, however, if you want covered/shaded seating it is difficult to come by. There are roped off areas where you swim without worry of coral or seaweed. If you walk to the left about 300 yeards, there is some excellent shallow water snorkeling just off the beach. Look for the low hanging "photo tree" that hangs out almost over the water, and head out from there to find it. If you walk another few hundred yards down, there is a real cool market right on the water. Beware, however, the vendors are so overly aggressive that it is annoying and almost offensiive. Bottom line though - walk away. Whatever they tell you the cost is, slash it by 60-75% and that's what you can get it for. You just have to walk away, and after you are 2 steps out the door they will call you back and settle.

Room:

The room is clean and the housekeepers friendly. Again, tip early and you will be better served. Our room was very large for a standard room. Request the top floor and you will have elevated ceilings that add to the grandeur. All rooms look inward over the resort and have a balcony. For a view of the pool, request Building 5 first, then 4. Buildings 1-3 are further from the pool and beach. Room is stocked with soda and water daily.

Drinks:

I stayed at the Iberostar Riviera Maya last year and let me tell you, despite how much my family likes to drink, we had difficulty finding ANYTHING good to drink. Everything was loaded down with corn syrup, mixers weren't good, and the only beer available was low grade. This is not the case here, though! The drinks are excellent. Upon request, you can get higher shelved liquor like Jack and Beam. The mixed drinks are very good and bartenders will pour as much alcohol as you want in each. By far the best drink is the "Banana Mama." They blend an entire banana with pina collada mix and grenedine up for 2 drinks, so with each drink you are essentially consuming half a banana. Talk about hangover prevention! You can also get as much bottled water as you would like at all bars. There is a bar in the lobby, 2 bars on the beach, and a swim-up bar...plenty of options!

Excursions:

Excursions are readily available and relatively affordable. The average is about $100 per person per excursion. There are excursion vendors on the beach who will haggle you, but the safer option is to set them up through the excursion reps at the front desk area. I highly recommend the Marine Park excursion, which is a floating bar area out half mile or so from the shore. Within the park they have enclosures within which you can swim with sharks and rays. Around said enclosures you have phenomenal shallow water snorkeling. Other excursions we did were dune boogies for $90 each (worth it), and a Pirate Booze Cruise. There is also a PADI certified water sports shack on the beach...there you can set up snorkeling tours andeven get poolcertified for SCUBA. I am certified but my girlfriend is not, however, she was able to train in the pool for an hour, then we booked a 2-dive day trip to Catalina Island, which also included a beach lunch of pork, chicen, and lobster (at an additional fee). She received special attention from the Divemasters on her first dive, and was on her own the 2nd. Very cool option, $185 each.

Food:

The food is all in all not bad. There are 2 buffets that are open for all meals. They are the only breakfast options. We found the breakfast food better the earlier we ate. The fruit is amazingly sweet and fesh, as are the vegetables. Eggs, Milk and meats not so much, at the buffets at least. For dinner, however, there are 4 restaurant options at this resort, and none require reservations: seafood, italian, fondue, and tex-mex. All are decent, but needless to say seafood is the best. All require closed toe shoes and long slacks/jeans for men. There are 2 adjacent Princess resorts that most people's wristbands had access to. You have the option of dining at any of those restaurants, so long as you make the reservations a day ahead of time. Those restaurants include Italian, Mexican (excellent), Dominican (disappointing), Brazilian (okay), and Chinese. Ultimately, there is food enough for everyone to eat. Lunch options are buffet only; however, every 3 days they do a beach BBQ that is phenomenal.

Service:

Most employees are friendly, which sets a hotel apart from its competition. There were a few with whom we were unimpressed, but ultimately the service exceeded expectations. As I said, if you tip, you will see the reward. The same employees work 6 days a week and rotate throughout the different bars and restaurants, so they see you a lot and vice versa. We tipped regularly to those that served us well, and we could see the repercussions of such tipping. The last night, we were brough an off-the-menu fresh lobster plate from one of the primary servers with whom we had communicated the previous 6 days. Tipping, of course, is not necessary being that the resort is all-inclusive. But I recommend it. Just like bartenders, servers, cooks and housekeepers in the American service industry, these people support work for and appreciate tips.

Have fun! I am an experienced all-inclusive traveler, and I'll be honest—it will be difficult for me to book with any other hotel if I ever rerturn to Punta Cana.

Room Tip: Building 5 is closest to the ocean and the pool. Top floor has vaulted ceilings.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Punta Cana Princess and for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

our 2nd time here and no disappointments. All the people who work here are just terrific, they all greet you with a smile and a friendly attitude. We agree that the vendors can be annoying but only if you let them, a firm polite no does the job. The food at the buffet is always good and the restaurants are a nice change, don't forget long pants guys. For $25 the lobster is a good deal, I had it before and wasn't impressed but this time it was awesome with smaller tails and some shrimp.
We were on the top floor of building 5 which is probably the nicest place to be, overlooking the pool and a glimpse if beach. It rained maybe 4 nights and there is something very relaxing about the sound of rain on the roof. I would suggest mailing the hotel 3-4 weeks before arrival to request a room, I have done this 2 times and always been happy.
Another suggestion: tip these folks, they work long hours and most have to travel an hour or more to get there. I get a couple hundred in ones and we get treated like royalty with extra towels, pillows etc. It makes for a pleasant stay and really doesn't hurt finances.
A shout out to Louis at the beach bar who always had a couple fresh mangos ready for us, Louis with room service who did just everything, Emmilio in the lobby bar who can make the grinch smile, and Hector at check in, 5 min and the rooms are ready. If you can't relax here you probably can't relax anywhere.
We'll be back!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Kind regards,

Your Punta Cana Princess Family!

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!