“very relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #29 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
montreal
“very relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

food good ,the room at 3 floor are very good ask for 1200 ,but the restaurant fondue is too hot too eat there ,bar are good buffet o.k,you got too get up urly too get get a chair under a umbrella very quiet all the light close about 11p,m and the disco are in the other hotel ,

Room Tip: no spa at that time
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We travelled from April 20 to the 27 in Punta Cana at the Princess hotel with Sunwing from Ottawa. This resort is for + 18 yrs old. There is no intertaiment at this resorl, you have to go to the Caribe Princess next door. This was great for us very quiet and only 270 rooms.
The beach is gorgeus and the food very good. There are 3 restaurants a la carte, Italien, Tex Mex and La petite Fondue. La petite Fondue is swiss but was disapointed, cause not enough food, if you choose the fondue bourguignon (brooth). The buffet restaurant was great, every night a different theme, the mexican night excellent. The stores on the resort not the best, need to go to the other resort. There is a store called Nicole, and she is canadian, but her price is too expensive. As a Sunwing passenger, we are VIP, that means 20 mn free/day for the internet. Free bailys, sambuca ect. The only thing we are not happy, is t hat every night , we needed to go to the front desk to aske for differnt things, face cloth, soap, bottle of water, beer ect.

Room Tip: The rooms will be renovated next year, if you want to be close t o the beach , building 4, 5 and clo...
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

First trip to DC and to this resort. We had a great week and mostly everything was positive.

Hotel grounds and room were very clean. Our room was big and had a view of the pool. The decor is a little outdated but we were told that they are in the process of renovating all the rooms, and that in fact 2 of the buildings were already renovated. the only negative w the room was that the air conditioning was loud, and also that the beds weren't very soft (not a big deal to us, but worth mentioning)
The beach: Just amazing! A bit windy at times but we we spent most of our stay there. no one bothered us, there were vendors walking around but they weren't bugging anyone.
The Staff: Everyone was so nice, cordial, polite, friendly, etc. they kept checking on us making sure we were having a great time. There was one person that was not nice, and thats the guy running the Fondue place - he acts like he owns the place and he was rude to everyone, including his co-workers...anyway just ignore him.
The food: The food was great, we always found plenty of options for all our meals. We highly recommend attending Dominican night at the buffet, it was delish!. Fondue place: it was the only thing that wasn't great, they dont give you much food, and it was not great. The other a la carte restaurants were good. The tex mex was our favourite!!!
Activities and nightlife: Plenty of activities to do at the pool and beach that are free of charge. Nightlife is almost none-existent, they had some Kareoke and some dance numbers, but for the most part this is a very quiet hotel - so if you are looking for a relaxing time this is for you, if you are looking to party then maybe not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Flying into Punta Cana from Pittsburgh hung over with this year's ever-lasting winter, we found just what we were looking for, the sun, beautiful beach and a great little resort to to spend seven days of leaving all categories of stress behind in the "Burgh".

I am not going to gush and say this was my favorite resort in Punta Cana, after 13 years of visits to PC and non all inclusive trips up the DR north coast I will say it offered all we needed for our week away from our busy lives.

Thank you to Rolando for honoring our request for Building 4 upper level. It overlooked the expansive pool area and provided us with an ocean view from our balcony which was used more than once to savor a great cup of Dominican coffee either in the morning or before heading out to dinner.

What comes to mind in the "like" category is comprised of a few things. Primarily we enjoy smaller resorts, I am the type who believes a vacation is destined for relaxation and I don't want to commit myself to a tram schedule. It appeared that from which ever building you were housed you could reach all areas within a few minutes. That is a definite plus. And yes, the grounds were just beautiful. My favorite relaxation spot, besides the beach and the pool in the late afternoon was the bar off of Mare Nostrum. It was run by a wonderful seasoned crew that was non-intrusive so either you could join in on some of the fun activities in the evening there or just relax and look out over the ocean, a happy medium for everyone. Lastly what comes to mind is a bit strange - after all these years I now give the honor of "most comfortable mattress" to the PC Princess. Thank you!

Okay, onto the food. Overall quite impressive. The buffet was more than sufficient, but we preferred breakfast at Mare Nostrum, smaller selection but more quiet and laid back. All the benefits of the main buffet, eggs made to order, juice and all the goodies. We also enjoyed dinners there as well. The Mare Nostrum also had a wonderful staff both during the day and evening hours. We also dined at Rio Grande and Il Bacio and had wonderful meals. Just remember, DR steak, although good is not like American steak. One thumbs down to the Swiss La Petite Fondue - not the best of experiences. The dining area is very small, hot and uncomfortable. And actually the food choices were not my favorite. We even left without having desert, for some reason the food just didn't sit well with me. Odd because I gained a few pounds during the trip and DR chocolate is beyond words. The staff on the night of our visit was less than impressive, which is odd because one of the assets of the PC Princess is their staff. Wonderful and quite attentive. Not that I expect people to wait on me hand and foot but truly their staff is one of their best assets.

Which is a great transition to the daily maid service. I never had bad service in this area in the DR, but our maid was exceptionally friendly and efficient. Even gave me a hug while we were checking out. Once again, the staff is exceptional. Kindly remember that you probably tip at home for great service, the DR is no different.

The rooms, although I know they are planning a remodel, were quite comfortable. I liked the step down sitting area away from the bed area and for the first time ever in an all inclusive, we both had enough drawer space to put the too many clothes I always seem to bring although I did really well on the number of shoes on this trip. Those too fit nicely in the closet. One tiny request though, please more hangers in the closet. Thanks..

We ventured over to the "other side" one evening, had a drink and walked back. As mentioned, we enjoy the smaller and quieter atmosphere and having traveled to the DR often, we have seen our share of shows during the evening.

Which brings me to this point, we have stayed at another "adult only" resort in the DR and after the evening entertainment at the sister resort when you ventured back to get some sleep for the next day's sun and beach you could hear a pin drop. A little different at the PC Princess. Which brings me to another point and this goes for my fellow Americans. You are a guest in the DR, you are visiting this beautiful country to relax, have a few drinks, eat too much and forgot all your cares and woes, but if you decide to stay in an "adult only" resort perhaps you should put on your big girl panties or your big boy long pants and act like an adult. There is a reason why the pool closes at 7:00 pm, time to clean up the pool from all the daily activity and it is not in anyone's best interest to argue loudly with the security guard who is there to ensure your safety during your visit to his or her homeland. Yes you may feel entitled since you saved every penny thoughout the winter months to take your dream vacation, you are still a guest and that large pool is not your backyard above ground. Sorry that is my rant for this review, except one more tiny rant that has been going on for 13 years. Towel saving, yes it is alive and well and probably I have just given up thinking that it is ever going to change and perhaps I should just stop trying to figure it out. We even watched a couple argue about someone on a beach bed in the VIP section that perhaps was not permitted to be there for over a half an hour, security even became involved. Heck I would of just grabbed a lounger and enjoyed the beach. I didn't see the benefit of sitting in a roped off area anyway, a bit too crowded for my taste. So if you are planning your first trip to the DR, towel saving is a way of life and sometimes along with a great cup of coffee it can be entertaining to watch as you are watching a beautiful sunrise. You don't have to save a spot to watch those!

I also learned something on this trip, thanks to our dear friend Caren, who we had a wonderful dinner with one evening at Mare Nostrum (try the salmon). It has been a while since we ventured further up the coast and the last resort we stayed at was only around 20 minutes from the airport. We had waves! Wasn't used to that. As you venture further up the coast the closer you get to the Atlantic and further down the coast the water calms down so much you can feed the fish and watch them gather around your toes and bump your legs when you run out of bread. All because you are closer to the Caribbean. DR geographical lesson 101 for me.

For shopping the "Flea Market" by the resort is deceiving. It appears to be a small shop but when you walk in it has a larger shop in the back. There is also shopping opportunities a short walk north of the resort on the beach. And actually, some of the prices in the resort shopping area are not bad at all. Just remember to haggle a bit but also remember just as you are enjoying time away from your job, the vendors are working at theirs. Be fair, but don't over pay either.

Since we have done most of the excursions and enjoyed them over the years, we opted for a trip down to Captain Cook's, a bit expensive but still worth it. If you go make plans for an early dinner since the boats have to be off the water by 6 pm. We also opted to do a mid afternoon boat ride down to the natural pool with BeBe tours. There were about 12 of us on a smaller catamaran and actually it was nice and quite inexpensive. Check them out, I believe they are a newer tour company in the area and it would be nice to see them succeed.

In closing, I have to say that perhaps our plane mate said it all. It you are a long time visitor you have seen the changes evolve in the DR, perhaps we all should of keep quiet after our first visit and not told everyone we knew how beautiful and welcoming the DR is because in a weird way I am happy that tourism is alive and well with regard to the DR economy but I miss the days of yore when your return flight was called out via bullhorn and you may have seen a rooster or two taking a walk around the airport. And since I am now one of the "old timers" I can share the chuckle with the shop clerk at the airport when I just paid $10 for a Presidente and a Diet Coke or have the guts to argue with security when he thought my pack of gum was going to blow up the plane and it stayed behind with him all in the name of national security. We talked to several long-timers and the sentiment seems to be the consensus. But you know what? We will always return. There is just something about stepping off that plane and feeling and smelling the change in the air that gives you that sense of this is going to be a great week!

Punta Cana will always remain in my heart and soul forever. I have a lot of wonderful memories and I am excited to see all the growth but deep down feel a little apprehensive of increasing commercialism. That is why I am lucky to venture out each October to the North Coast away from the hustle and bustle, but just as I typed that I remembered, the cruise ships are coming!

Either way, we enjoy our trips to Punta Cana for the resort atmosphere and cherish our Fall trips up North on our own. The best of both worlds, all in one beautiful country.

And if you are in the planning stages of your first visit to the DR, try the PC Princess or one of it's sister resorts and which ever resort you decide upon, you will find the sun!

Any questions, please shoot me an email.

Happy Travels...

Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My beautiful wife susan and I spent a week here 6 Apr 13 to 13 Apr 13. We stayed in building 4 on the ground floor. We arrived at 11.30 pm and check in went like a dream. Within 10 minutes we were in our room and our bags were delivered. Not much to do at this time however a drink by the ocean was great . The rooms were a bit dated however were very clean with lots of shampoo soap etc. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable. The grounds of the resort were emaculate and very beautiful . This resort is compact and a five minute walk will take you any where . We ate at the tex mex twice and Ilatian once. Both meals were very good . The buffet was open air and had a smoking and non-smoking sections which was great. The food was good and there was always something good to eat . Great theme nights at the buffet . Service was outstanding . Your glass was never empty and dishes were picked up right away.
We found the best drinks were at the beach bar. The pool neeeds painting and this is going to happen this srpring. The resort is closing for 3 months and they are going to work 24 hrs 7 days a week to complete . New rooms in 5 of the buildings. The beach is in the best part of the beach and was very clean. We met lots of people that return frequently to this resort . Bob form St Johns party on withe the newfies . Great people to many to mention. Nelson the bartender was our favorite. We did have a small run around collecting a bottle of rum i had won however upon talking to Alberto it was delivered to our room in 5 minutes. Alberto took care of us and was a wonderful very professional person to deal with . We went to Sanoa island and this was a great trip . The have a new devided highway and the trip was a little over 1 hour . The towel game is alive and well here . We were always able to find a lounger at the pool or beach. We did not like people taking two chairs for their towels as well as a lounger bed . This was vey discourtious to the other guests. Lots of beach venders but a no thank you was sufficent. Remember you are in a third world country and these people are trying to make a living . Do not pay more then .25 cents on the dollar . If they say one dollar you counter with .25 cents. Just walk away . Susan bought three wraps for $31 dollars he wanted $110 just walk away. This was at the "WALMART" on the beach. Great trip and hopefully we will be able to return next year. This was our 8 th trip and the service was as good as any 5 star we have stayed at . Our new home in Punta Canada .

Room Tip: All buildings are within 5 minutes on the beach , buffet or resturants
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Well this review will be short and sweet because me and my wife stay on this resort from April 15-21 and we love every single second there and we are thinking on when we can go back again. I would break this review on sections.

Food: We both love everything we ate at the buffet and everything we order at the A la carte was cooked exactly how we ask at first time.

Room: Honeymoon suit very nice and clean all around with a nice little view to the beach and pool.

Grounds: Very beautiful well kept and clean even the ground cleaning crew always say Hola or even stop to talk just to say hi or see even if you need anything.

Language: Well I have to mention first we are on a foreign country which main language is Spanish even then they do a very good job trying to get you to understand them, I speak the language very good but my wife don't and anyone she talk to there she didn't had any problem understanding them and vise versa.

Drinks: They were very good and plentiful cant complaint at all.

SERVICE: Well like you can see I have service on capital letters for a reason, first I have to mention few name from the staff who really did and when beyond there jobs to make us feel better then home and they are Anabel,Kenia,Yesaria,Luisa,and Emilio from the Lobby area did a great job,Luis from services and from animation Michel,Beatriz,Carmen and Luigi were fun too in general every service we got was the top to our likings, from the time we got picked up at the airport to the time we got dropped back it was just nothing but a great service.

So we will come back to this little germ of resort anytime we want to go by our self but if we take the kids then we will go to the sisters resort, this was the best time we have had ever and that is a understatement, I would try to post some pics soon too.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is if you just give a small tip when you get service and don't spec perfect...
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is our second trip to PCP and we were not disappointed! We travelled with a group of 18 and it was wonderful! The resort is small but you should take advantage of being able to go to the larger resorts Tropical/Caribe connected to this resort. You get to enjoy the option of a large resort then return to your quiet spot and relax. Love the all adult theme and the service was wonderful! Nelson at the pool bar is always waiting with a smile and a drink! The food is really good. Hector at guest services is always ready to solve any issue and if you have a question he does know everything!! Will definitely return to this little gem!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!