“Amazing.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #29 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Ottawa
“Amazing.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were at the Punta Cana Princess Resort from 24 March to 07 April for a two-week stay. This was our third visit to this resort and it was simply amazing.

As previously stated, the beach is gorgeous, spacious and kept clean at all times. The pool area is extremely beautiful. The food keeps getting better and better every year. The service is outstanding. The Animation Team is wonderful. The staff is amazing. The rooms are big, spacious and kept very clean.

A special thank you to Hector, Raoul, and Jose from La Petite Fondue for treating us like royalties….you are so good to us and we truly appreciate it.

We were highly impressed as well with all the staff. From Jose and Olga from the Animation Team, to the gardeners who keep the grounds immaculate, to the security guards to the reception staff, the cleaning ladies and all the staff at the buffet and A-laCarte Restaurants. A special thank you to the Dominican Trio. They are amazing and are a true asset to this resort. All the staff do an excellent job, which makes this resort so special.

We had the privilege of visiting the renovated room and I must say it is extremely beautiful - I was quite impressed. We like the fact that they are doing regular upgrades to the resort. They were painting the outside of the buildings - the gardeners are planting new flowers, they will shortly be renovating the rooms and the pool, there are always new food items at the buffet and at the restaurants. The Animation has greatly improved. The BBQ on the beach is such a nice touch - Jose who prepares Crêpes Suzette at the pool, the Animation Team who brings fruit skewers to the guests late afternoon. The Beach Party is amazing - another evening of dancing on the deck was amazing as well. The resort is managed by an amazing team of managers with a great vision and the employees deliver the product.

Thank you all again for another amazing trip. Hope to see you all very soon!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Toured the hotel yesterday and I can tell you this is a fantastic value. Great beach and pools. The staff is very friendly. Met Alberto who was gracious to open up the whole place for us to review. Next time we are in Punta Cana we will give this hotel due consideration. As I understand they are going to renovate the rooms which will put this small quaint all inclusive hotel on the top of the ratings. Thank you Alberto off giving us the chance to experience your hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I honestly hated the room the decoration was horrible, but the food was good, the beach is beautiful, people is always smiling saying hello, at night you can have a great time at the lobby, the italina restaurant was better than the mexican, and the buffet was not so good as I expected.

Room Tip: I don like their rooms but try to pick a honeymoon room.
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a little late in coming but thought I would submit it anyway. We stayed at PCP for our 2nd time on Feb.6-20th. We flew with Sunwing and booked the private transfer with them also. Everything went very smoothly. We wanted to get a beer at the airport but our driver suggested we wait and get one along the way as it would be much cheaper and it was. Check-in went very smoothly, they had our request for the type of room we wanted and it was honoured. We stayed in block 5 on the 2nd floor. Loved the location. As people have stated, the resort is a little worn and tired but they are getting ready to start on reno's. We saw the room that they have remodelled and it is very nice and modern. The only downside I see from it is that they went from double sinks in the bathroom to one. It's not a big deal. These renovations I'm sure will bring the resort back to its former glory.

Pros- The beach, adults only, service for the most part, the beach bar area, friendly, easy to meet people atmosphere. Very clean resort
Cons - The booze, some of the food, some of the service, and the vendors

As I said this was our 2nd time here, the first being about 6 years ago. We noticed a decline in the quality of liquor that was available. We are rye whiskey drinkers and were disappointed that considered Canadian Club as a top shelf liquor. Vodkas were very good and they only carried Dominican rums which were good. They would, on occasion, have clamato juice but most often not. They seemed to only bring it in in the individual cans and only a very few at a time. I would think this would be an expensive way of doing it but it may be all they can get. Disaronno Amaretto was also hit and miss.

Service, at times, was really good and at others, not so much. Of course, you always had your fantastic servers that were good all the time and went over and above to make your day great. Some individuals made you feel like you were a bother and they didn't care to serve you. Luckily, these were a minority.

We loved the Italian and Tex-Mex restaurant. The service in these two were fantastic. We were not so impressed with the Fondue and that was because of a rude waiter. Too bad, as it tainted us from going back. The chicken at the Beach BAr was very good. We paid the extra money ($35/each) to eat at La Cava but it was just OK. Our service was not the greatest and then we were told we had to pay cash and couldn't charge it to our room. We had specifically ask Hector at guest services before we went over and he said we could charge it to our rooms. We were give a little attitude but were finally allowed to charge it to our room after we told them a number of times that we did not have that kind of money on us. We only carried a small amount for tips. It really was an uncomfortable situation. We did talk to Hector when we got back to our resort and he told us that it should have never happened. Also, it has a dress code but was not followed at all. You would think that if you had to pay for a higher class restaurant that it would be followed but people were in there in their beach shorts and flip flops. Not exactly fine dining atmosphere.

This resort, in our opinion, is on the best stretch of beach. We were disappointed, however, to see that the Bali Beds took a big portion of the beautiful beach. The huge expanse of beautiful open beach is one of the things that we loved last time and brought us back this time. I know that they make changes on what a lot of people want or request but we thought it was a shame.

I had brought my computer along and used a company called Gobecon for our internet service. They were a very reliable company, very courteous and professional and I would use them again in a heartbeat. You can also rent tablets and phones from them rather that brining your own which is a sweet feature. You can pre-book with them at www.gobecon.com or download their app on your phone. You can also book excursions from them. The resort did have 4 computers on the lobby for your use, but sometimes you had to wait for a while. You had to get a username and password form guest services and it was only good for 20 minutes.

We really did have a good time but felt that two weeks was a little long for the services offered here. You can go to the sister resorts for eating but it was pretty full over there and getting in was not always easy. We would come back here at another time, after it is renovated, but want to try different resorts.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Honestly I was disppointed with this resort for the following three reasons:
1) The food was not very good. Buffet fare.
2) The rooms (especially the bathrooms) needed desperate updating.
3) Everybody tried to sell you something!

Now I will say that I travel A LOT for my job, therefore I may be a little more sensitive to certain aspects. As for the food: it had no flavor, and I suspect a lot of it was pre-packaged and heated up. The rooms: the bathroom was yucky. There was mold and rust everywhere. I just cringe thinking of it. The beds although comfortable were disgusting, mainly the mattresses. There were stains and heavy wear all over. I always do a mattress expectation at any hotel I stay at and this one was pretty sub-par. Not to mention the cushion on the couch was worn and faded. Oh and everywhere you turn folks tried to sell you on stuff. If I want to do an activity I will go to the front desk and get the information. I mean here I am on the beach getting my tan on and here comes the towel boy trying to sell me something.... and then random strangers walking on the beach try to sell you stuff. It was just too invasive for my taste.

The staff were nice and the pool and beach were great, but I will not entertain this venue again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at PCP from Mar 24-31. When we arrived in our room, there was a bottle of rum, cigars and a fruit basket waiting for us. We liked the rum and cigars but we did not touch the fruit basket. A nice touch but bit of a waste and I think that they should nix it since you can get the fruits from the buffet.

Overall a great resort for the price that we paid.

Pros:

Great selection of drinks (loved the coco loco and pina colada!)

Good food with lot's of choices. Breakfast was good and I loved the fresh juices. Unlimited a la cartes with Mare Nostrum being the best....got the mixed grill, yummy! I really loved the grilled calamari at the buffet. The pasta and salad station were good as well.

Friendly and hard working staff

Very clean

Nice and small...no kids :-)

Cons

The cooking skills/techniques could be a bit better. The veggies at the buffet were always overcooked. I would not mind trading in less food options for better quality ingredients. That being said, I enjoyed the food but a bit of improvement will take it to a whole new level.

We never got out beach towels replaced. We were not sure if room service replaced them or if we had to go somewhere to get new towels. We did not mind too much but it would have been nice to get new towels.

The evening entertainment with audience participation was fine and tried hard but it would have been nice if they had theater-esque performances. We went to the Caribe Princess for the live shows at night and it was terrible. Mainly lip synching and bad comedy.

They need more beach chairs/lounges. It wasn't a huge issue for us since we like going to the beach/pool late in the afternoon to avoid the harsh rays but it is hard to find a beach chair during peak hours. I don't mind if people use their towels to reserve the chairs but it gets extremely annoying when people are gone for hours at a time and leave their towels behind. Selfish and inconsiderate, IMO.

The bugs at night. My legs were covered with bites. Don't forget your bug spray with deet.

All in all a great resort :-) I would not mind going back!

Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you're looking for a quiet adults only resort, then look no further. This resort lives up to the many positive reviews you find here. We stayed in one of the honeymoon suites (4502) on the third floor with the hot tub in the loft and vaulted ceilings. The upper level has a second deck to view the resort. The package also included a 20 minute couples massage, 20 minute individual massages and a romantic dinner.

Positives:

Awesome beach with many loungers and beach beds
Large pool with pool bar
Very good food quality at the buffet and the a la cartes
Everything is close due to the size of the resort
Only 30 minutes to the airport
Access to the Caribe Club and Tropical Princess resorts as well as the Tower Casino and Arieto Disco ( free shuttle between the resorts )

Negatives:

The bed was too soft for my back
The bathroom fixtures are showing their age
The patio door had a leak
A couple of the electrical outlets did not work
Lack of evening entertainment - the Animation team does their best, but alot depends on audience participation. I personally would have enjoyed watching them freestyle dance or even a more scripted performance.

Some reviews pointed out paint peeling in the pool and wear at the pool bar, but everything I've pointed out should be addressed when the renovations are completed this year. These items are the only things that would prevent me from considering this a true five star resort right now.

What makes this resort such a joy is the staff. The service exceeded my expectations by a mile. The suite was always cleaned, mini bar restocked, pool towels replaced and bed turned down. Any requests we made were attended to right away. Everyone greeted you with an "Hola!" and were always smiling and eager to serve. Raysa and Neiby had our table ready for us every day. Ramon was always checking to see that everything was OK. Denny always made sure my coffee was full. Santa and Serapio always looked after us at Mare Nostrum. And we can't forget about Luis Emanuel at the pool bar who always referred to us as his family. You are sure to get a kiss, hug, hand shake or fist pump.

It's easy to see why there are so many repeat guests at this resort. A shout out to four timers Steve & Annette from Newfoundland and Mark & Correan from Halifax. We can't forget about Dave & Lorraine from Oshawa who have been nine times! The resort is very intimate that it's very easy to meet the other guests. I'm sure we'll meet again in the future.

Room Tip: Buildings 4 and 5 are closest to the pool and beach. Building 3 is closest to the buffet and two of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!