My wife and stayed at this resort returning March 10th 2013. I must admit that we stayed at the Grand Bahia last year so we were a little spoiled.
This resort is sadly in need of an upgrade. DO NOT believe the photos you see on the Sunwing site or the hotel itself!!
Where do I start. The door to our room took six visits to the desk to straighten out, not the kind of thing you want after a long flight. They finally changed the whole door mechanism. The tub was severely worn and looked like it had not been cleaned in forever. The first iron was broken, the second one they brought, leaked.
The gym was terrible, the bikes were broken and difficult to use, the treadmill broken.
The pool was gross, dirty and sadly in need of a a pianting. The pool was stained.
The a la cartes were mediocre. The staff looked and appeared as if they were not happy. The buffet food was all the same, rice, chilken, wieners, fries, the same tired old choices just recycled. They actually had a seafood night....WITHOUT shrimp!!! There is not enough staff in the buffett and most times I just got my own beer. The folks that were there were very good though. The a la cartes could learn from them.
The grounds are very old, tired, faded. The lobbly chairs and cushions are dirty, and many are stained.
Do yourself a favour, avoid this resort. They say its a four plus, its a three...just!
Stay at the Grand Bahia, the resort is newer, spotless, the pools are amazing and the food is great!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel