I'll break this review down into general comments, positives, and negatives. You can decide for yourselves if this is the resort for you.
• We travelled during the week of Nov 24, with Sunwing, from Canada.
• The weather was OK, it was a bit windy near the water, and we did get some rain in the evenings.
• The resort is quite small compared to other resorts we’ve visited.
• This is an adults only resort.
• Animation team tried, but the activities were repetitive, this is not a party resort, it’s very quiet.
• There is no theatre, the ‘shows’ are in the lobby and not very interesting.
• The grounds are beautiful and well kept, it’s easy to get around the resort, the layout is very simple.
• The beach is of course spectacular, very long, we never got to either end, it seems to go on forever.
• You don’t need to reserve the a la carte restaurants. The ones we liked the best were the fondue and the seafood restaurants.
• You have access to the Princess property next door, nice for a change of pace and you get access to more a la carte restaurants there, the Asian restaurant was very nice. We went to the Brazilian restaurant, as it was highly recommended, but we found it to be a bit over-rated. It was just ok.
• They have a very nice bar near the beach, which is really beautiful at night, we had the full moon when we were there and it’s a nice place to go in the evening before or after dinner for a quiet drink.
• The staff for the most part were really nice and friendly. Tipping goes a long way here, so bring lots of one dollar bills, the front desk is very helpful for making change as well.
• There is a small gym available with a couple of treadmills and a stationary (spinning type) bike and some weight training equipment. Only one of the treadmills worked well. The other was very noisy and not in good condition. The gym was used quite a bit, so it would be worthwhile for them to invest in better equipment. There are no towels at the gym and the spa attached to the gym won't give you one, so remember to bring your towel from your room.
• Lots of seaweed on the beach and the resort didn’t seem to do anything to clean it up.
• Drinks are very watered down, and they use brands I’ve never heard of, no Brugal rum here unless you tip for each drink and ask for it specifically.
• The food is pretty average, the buffet has a much smaller selection than other resorts, but what we ate was tasty and well prepared. There were lots of nice salad options.
• Very very quiet, not a lot going on, maybe because this is a small resort and it seems most people were couples just looking to crash.
• The vast majority of visitors were smokers, particularly in the lobby and beach bars, some people even light up in the a la carte restaurants, not the best for non-smokers.
• The resort has no free wi-fi, but if you want to pay extra you can get it. If you were part of the Sunwing club you could use one of three ancient laptops to check email, but you often had to wait to use them. We like to stay in touch with our kids so this was a pain.
• Our room had a moldy smell, we asked to change rooms, they did accommodate us but the second room smelled bad as well.
• On some days there was a pungent smell of raw sewage behind blocks 3-4-5, it was pretty awful, you’d get a good whiff as you came and went to your room.
• The resort was busy, if you wanted a good spot on the beach you had to get early to drop off your towels.
• Sunscreen sells for about $40 to $50 in the gift shop. It’s a bit ridiculous. So best to bring a good supply from home.
We were in the south, and it was warm and nice to get away, so we had a good vacation, but I wouldn’t return to this resort again, we’ve been to better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel