“Another Great PCP Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #29 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
so shore,ma
“Another Great PCP Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Recently returned from a 10 day stay and our 4th visit to PCP. Staff couldn't have been nicer from the check-in to a late day check-out. Any issues such as problems with our door key as well as our non-working phone were fixed in no time! Staff was so friendly and housekeeping was wonderful with turn-down service each evening! Beach towels replaced in your room every evening so no worries about waiting for clean towels each day.Food is good and plentiful always can find something to eat. The rooms are a little dated but housekeeping does a good job to keep it nice and clean. Love that Management is often around to greet people and listen to any problems or receive any compliments! Can't wait for our next visit to this little gem in Punta Cana.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

As a long time Tripadvisor member, I did a lot of research prior to choosing this resort for our 10 day "winter escape" vacation. We have been to 5 other all inclusives in the D.R., and they all had some good points and some bad points. This place is no different, however we found it to be the most relaxing. After negotiating at check in, we received a room in the top floor of building 5, which is the premeir location. The top floor rooms have a cathedral ceiling giving you a very open feeling. The room also offers a great view of the turquoise sea.
The good points:
-No children! Super quiet except for the occassional loud all-inclusive (A.I.) drunk, which can not be avoided at any A.I..
-The perfect white sand beach, with ample seating and warm clean water.
-The design and layout of the pool and swim up bar. Also had plenty of lounges.
-The size and amenities of the suites, including great showers with plenty of hot water and good pressure.
-The staff were all excellent and went out of their way to help you any way they could. From the housekeepers to the front desk manager, all were outstanding.
- Interesting mix of guests. In order of percentage: 1)English speaking Canadians (couldn't be friendlier) 2) French speaking Canadians (stick to themselves and can be quite rude to guests and staff) 3) German/Swiss 4) Americans 5) Russians 6) South Americans We made some good friends on our trip, and we personally like a mix of guests. If I wanted all Americans I would go to Florida.
The not to good Points
- Hotel needs updating. While our room was certainly comfortable, it is getting a little worn on the edges. They are in the process of re-doing all the rooms and will be completed in a year. The pool also needs to be re-painted as many corrosion stains show. It is maintained very well and the water quality is excellent, but doesn't look clean due to the staining.
- The food. I really don't expect gourmet food in the D.R. and I wasn't disappointed. The breakfast was very good with whatever you would expect at the buffet. The lunch was OK with an unknown spice in the hamburgers. The salads were always good for lunch and dinner. The buffet gets old after 10 days and some nights were strange, like the 2 meats on the buffet one night were liver and stewed tongue. We went to the Mare Nostrum one night and ended up going to the buffet afterwards since we barely touched the items we selected. Our medium rare steaks were gray throughout and covered in institutional gray. It appeared to be a cube steak that had been tenderized. If you want gourmet food take a cruise. I get a kick out of reading reviews of this resort where they state how great the food is. I can't imagine where these people usually dine out or what they eat at home, but God bless them. We are spoiled with great restaurants in our part of the country, but we have also traveled to many places in the world, and you simply do not come to the D.R. for gourmet food. We never went hungry and had some good things, but nothing memorable.

Would we go there again? Due to the absolute relaxation offered, I would say yes. The outstanding staff, and perfect setting, impecable grounds overcomes the expected shortcomings in dining.

Room Tip: Try to get top floor in building 5. Take a cab from the airport. It's 38.00 each way and you do...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a great time at the PCP. From the time Ronaldo checked us in, we enjoyed almost everything. Only negatives for us were the lack of Internet ( without paying $60). There were only 3 computers to use for free in the lobby. I expected to be able to use my laptop in the lobby for free like most resorts. Entertainment is a bit weak. They don't have a real venue like the Caribe but a couple nights in the lobby were fine. The unlimited access to the Caribe and Bavaro solves this if you live for shows. The a la cartes were fine. Good food. The buffet was average with a few nights where they upped their game with specials. The bartender ( mr. Jiggy Jiggy) in the lobby was great. Should be a comedian. The two ladies (cenya?) at the pool bar during the day we so nice and made us feel at home. They were spectacular.

Spent most of our time at the beach. Spectacular!!!!!!
The place was clean, well kept,well run and safe. Our suite was clean and spacious. I would not hesitate to go back

Room Tip: Resort is not that big so room location will only matter for ocean view 3rd floor of 5000 building.
Peterborough,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my 5th time to the Princess..Had a amazing time once again.
The hotel is great..beautiful grounds well kept..Maid service was good
Staff at the front desk and all the resturants and bar staff do a amazing job
they would do anything to please you..Beach is beautiful and well kept.
Food was great many choices at all resturants and the buffet something for everyone.
Hector at the front does a amazing job and does anything to please you.
At the pool bar there is Nelson what a bartender,he always remembers what I drink
The princess is a very laid back relaxing resort.If your looking for R&R this is the place for you

Room Tip: 5000 building top floor ocean view
Towson, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The best part of this resort is the small and quaint property size. We met several people who have returned to this resort 3-4 times; definately speaks highly of this resort. I really enjoyed the diverse ethnicity of the guests; Canadians, Germans, French, and Russians; as Americans, we were in the minority, but I enjoyed hearing all the languages.

Beautiful grounds, friendly staff, no reservations required at any of the 4 restaurants on the property. I've been to a few all-inclusives and this resort has some nice perks; robes in the room; small fridge stocked with water and sodas daily, nice room size with a small balcony to relax. And since this is adults only, guests have access to the other 2 sister properties, which the other property guests do not have the same benefit.

We stayed 5 days, and spent time at the pool and the beach. Never had trouble finding a chair, and with under 300 rooms, you don't wait in lines for anything; very relaxed atmosphere.

I was celebrating a birthday, and the maid decorated our room with balloons and flowers.

There is a disco at the sister property, and we went there one night. Open to locals, but mostly guests and the event staff attends. Great local music with some American mixed in.

Downside; and I think it was the time of year we went (Feb. 5 - 9) the age population was a little older than we were expecting, based on a friend's experience. Therefore, some of the activities were not as active as we would have liked, some of the activities, they could not find enough participation, but the animation crew adapted some activities for those who wanted to participate.

Room Tip: I recommend building 5, which is closest to the pool and beach. Ground floor was a little musty, but...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Travelled to the Punta Cana Princess on Jan 22nd to for a one week stay. We were a party of 8 travelling together. For 3 of us it was the 4th visit and the rest our 3rd visit to this resort. Once again I have to give a huge thanks to Hector. You and your staff went above and beyond to make our stay fantastic. We requested rooms (4 in total) in building 5 and once again we were accommodated (Thanks Hector). From Judy at check in to the bell boy who carried our luggage out on the way home the staff were great.
One of our party has food allergies and Ramon and Francis (as well as the chefs) were always looking out for us at meal times to ensure that she had something to eat. Thanks guys!!
The property is smaller than most resorts and is kept very clean. Yes it is showing its age in some places but it is very well maintained. The ground crew out do themselves on keeping the property pristine. The room are also in need of an upgrade but very clean, no problems with hot water or power. The maids did a fantastic job of cleaning up after us everyday. Mini bar always stocked with lots of water, soft drinks and beer. Having turn down service and beach towels delivered to your room every night is a plus...no waiting at towel exchanges in the morning!
The food is good to great. The buffet does get a bit repetitive at times but the ala carte restaurants are all very good and no reservations required. The wait staff are great (thanks Nancy) as are most other staff you will encounter. I have to thank Nelson (pool bar), Jose & Oscar (at beach bar) Kenia (who seems to everywhere) and Felix who was a great help everyday on the beach.
Had a great time and will be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I travelled to Punta Cana for the very first time in December of 2012. The resort made it very hard for me to go back to the Dominican.

I am not a picky person nor the one to write reviews, however, my time there for the amount of money I spent on the trip was definitely not worth it. I travel and vacation a lot so I have a good idea of what you will get out of what you pay for. And this resort was a complete waste of my money!

First of all, if you are going to this resort, make sure you bring a suitcase lock because the safe that they provide for you can be hacked! I had $300 US taken from our safe. Our bedroom door does not close properly unless you close it a certain way. We figure this out shortly after arriving and we assume the maid had figured it out as well because it was the same maid who did the cleaning and every time she had closed the door properly. When I found out my money was taken after coming back for dinner, we went to front desk to report it right away.They did a internal computer history print out of the access cards being used in our room and internal access history of our safety box as well. It showed that the maid had enter our room for our nightly cleaning while we were out for dinner BUT THE DOOR WAS NEVER CLOSED after she did the cleaning on the 4th day we were there. And in the internal safe reading it showed that someone had access our safe shortly after the maid had entered. We knew it was not us because we had a la carte reservation at the other resort around that time.
When we went through the reporting process with the guest service and management, they DID NOTHING ABOUT IT! All they said was "I'm sorry for your lost and we will see further into it"
I had asked to speak to someone further up in the ladder but they told me I would have to call Princess Resorts, which I did and no response thus far and its February.
Please lock your valuables in your suitcase, I do not want this to happen to someone else. Also, check your balcony doors because they never locked the balcony doors after cleaning!

Secondly, the food at this resort was horrible. Ive been to Cuba countless amount of times, and everyone says Cuban food is the worst, well not after you have been to this resort. The variety was very minimum and it was obvious that a lot of the items were not fresh with flies on the food and I caught a server mixing the old crusty top layer of the food in which the flies were sitting on into the bottom part so it always looked "fresh". We had to eat at the affiliated resort beside us in order to eat a decent meal.

The drinks were great though! They had a lot of the American brands we are used to like Baileys and Johnny Walker.

Lastly, The water was amazing! However, the beach itself was small. There were only certain amount of beach chairs and little huts available, so my friends and I would have to take turns waking up at 6:30 am in order to save us all a spot!!! I find this to be ridiculous. If I am paying over $1200 for an all-inclusive trip, there should be enough chairs for everyone there!

All in all, Ive been to over 8 resorts in the last 5yrs and this one has got to be the worst in terms of service and quality. It was a small resort so the theater and all the entertainment were at the affiliated resort beside us. However, the 18+ part of it was great. No screaming kids on the beach when you are trying to relax and sleep.

I regret going to this resort. At the price point we paid, we could have definitely gotten a way better resort. I do not understand how its rated so high on this site.
We are definitely not coming back nor are we going to any Princess resorts.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!