This was our second trip to the Dominican Republic, first time at the Punta Cana Princess. We had the VIP package which gave us a few perks at the resort. While this is part of a large complex of 3 resorts sharing some amenities, the Princess is self contained - so you do not need to leave the grounds to enjoy your vacation. There are 5 buildings and less than 300 rooms. It is an all adults section of the resort. It takes maybe 5 minutes to go from the beach to the main lobby area - with the pool and the rooms and restaurants in between that area.
There is a buffet restaurant which has a different theme each evening. There are also 4 small specialty restaurants , which rotate being open. There are usually 3 of the 4 open on any given night. They open at 6:30 pm and since they are small, they fill up quickly. The resort seems to cater to European / Spanish clientele - this is reflected in the food choices at the buffet. Since my husband is a meat and potatoes American, he found his choices limited. I am less picky and more adventurous, so I enjoyed the food. There was usually pasta, pizza, burgers, chicken and pork - so he did not starve!! We did go to the Brazilian Restaurant at the sister resort Caribe Princess where we had lots of food - and my husband got plenty to eat. You have to make reservations at the sister restaurants, but not for the specialty restaurants on site. There was a lunchtime beach barbeque 2 days during our stay of 1 week.
This is an older resort and facilities show some wear, but everything is very clean and maintained on a daily basis. Our room was large and included a king bed and a sitting area. We were in building 5 on the ground floor and were very comfortable.
The staff make this resort a pleasure to be at. The animation team (including Carmen, Cisco, Mychal and others) provided games and beach/pool activities during the day. Most nights they provide some kind of entertainment in the resort main lobby. If you want bigger productions, you can take the shuttle over to the sister resorts where they have nightly shows at 9:45PM.
The bar staff was very good - Emilio at the lobby bar was very friendly. They do not skimp on the alcohol!! Hector at Guest Services answered all of our questions and was helpful in making reservations for the sister resort and the spa.
Wait staff including Francesca and Neiby at the buffet restaurant were very friendly and helpful. We do not speak Spanish, but I had learned some phrases before we left and the staff seemed to appreciate my efforts.
Although tipping is not required, it is greatly appreciated. If someone does a good job for you, tip them right away - just a dollar or two. The staff seems to rotate duties, so you might not see that person again for a few days.
There is a souvenir stand by the pool and the vendors are rather pushy. The items are pricey - although you can bargain with them. The resort gift shop is not that great.
When we were there, there was a t-shirt artist named Henry by the pool. He does beautiful work and you can get him to paint a t-shirt and individualize it for you. I paid $20 for mine and I love it.
We opted for private transportation form the airport through Olympus tours. That way we went directly to our hotel rather than riding the bus to a series of resorts before getting to ours. It was worth the extra money.
Take an insulated cup/mug for drinks. The bar staff will make the drinks in you mug and they stay colder longer.
You have to play the towel game to get you chairs at the beach and pool. While we were provided with beach towels, we took some of our own to put out so that we could distinguish our seat from others. My husband is an early riser, so he had our seats saved before 7 AM.
If you have room in your luggage for an inflatable raft, it would be nice to have at the pool.
I would go back to the Punta Cana Princess again. My husband thinks he would prefer a slightly larger resort (the Majestic Colonial where we stayed before) mainly because of the limited food choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel