“Princess: Good Value for the Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Medford
“Princess: Good Value for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We booked three days at the Punta Cana Princess for our 35th wedding anniversary. It was very clean and beautifully landscaped but buildings are a little old. The beach was beautiful and the ocean divine. The views from the outdoor bar are also beautiful and relaxing. No beach vendors gave us any trouble. We requested a King bed but got 2 queen size. The room was large, very clean but old. Average furnishings but for the price ($153 per night all inclusive for two of us) we were happy. There were a few rainy nights and so something seemed to be backed up in our bathroom plumbing causing a very bad odor from one of the sinks. The pool was large and clean with plenty of chairs available in October. The bartender near the pool was rude and the pina colladas like something out of a can. Nothing special but included. We very much enjoyed the buffet meals, breakfast, lunch and dinners with great service, especially Juana Iris and Adrian. Stay off the salad bar unless you brought Immodium. We had the best roasted chicken anywhere in the D.R. at the last dinner buffet, and they had baked leg of lamb one night that was excellent. The man who checked us in and out was wonderful, thank you Milton. He was so concerned we were driving to Santo Domingo when Hurricane Sandy was flooding parts of the island. We made it but it was an adventure Milton. This was a quiet stay, staff was friendly other than the bartender, and the grounds are lovely. For the price this is a great place to stay, it's clean, safe, and relaxing.

Room Tip: We stayed the furthest from the beach across from the Buffet on the ground floor. I would choose a h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I will definitely return to this hotel. The staff is extremely helpful, nice and kind.We love the swimming pool and the beach
The room in the block 5000, pretty amazing view, very clean. The food was very good and delicious in the buffett and also in the specialty restaurants.Fast check in. We have no complaints of anything, on the contrary, we loved everything and enjoyed our stay. We cannot wait until next year!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Amazing experience! The grounds were clean, the staff friendly and always greated you with an "hola and it's my pleasure". They kept the drinks flowing and the food was excellent! The shows were good, the animation staff worked hard to make them fun!
The food choices were fabulous as you could eat at the 4 ala carte restaurants on site and 3 on the other resorts (tropical and caribe) plus 2 buffets. The food was always available and was fresh. The wait staff were fabulous and kept drinks flowing usually without a request for a refill. We would recommend the Fondue and steak house as our favorite restaurants.
The staff spoke enough English to meet our needs as our Spanish is very minimal. They tried really hard to answer everything and meet all our needs!
The 20 minutes of free Internet per person per day was great! It was enough to keep up with emails and Facebook and check on the kids at home.
The beach was great! nice waves like we like it, there was a little seaweed but we attribute this to the remains of hurricane sandy that went through the region the week prior. The lawn employees worked for hours every day picking up the seaweed so the beach looked beautiful! The pools were nice and warm and we loved the swim up bar service, friendly, fast and fabulously made drinks!
We purchased 2 excursions from the beach staff, I would highly recommend purchasing through them versus the front desk, they were about $10 USD less for the same trip! The personal service there was great, they checked on us daily to see if we needed anything and actually one morning they ran and got us another beach chair, as the one we had was broken.
The vendors on the beach are very present, however a simple wave and a no thank you, they leave you alone. The security on the beach does a great job of asking them to leave so we could enjoy our trips without too much unwelcome solicitation.
I can not wait to return to the area and would definitely repeat at this resort, however we prefer to stay at new places each time we come.

Stayed November 2012
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

First time traveling solo and it was the best time I have ever had. I stayed in 1000 building, so I was the farthest from the beach. However, the room was still great. Rooms were very clean, always had a fully stocked fridge. The beach was clean, but you do need to get up early to reserve a seat on the beach.

The staff there are great. All so friendly. After meeting me the first time, they all remembered my name and was very accommodating. They were also very helpful with any and all questions I had. I did have a bellboy walk me to my room as I had no idea where I was going. One staff member I will not forget is the one always standing at the main buffet for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, I don't remember her name, but I do remember her always smiling, greeting face.

It is wonderful that it is an adult only resort, so there were no young kids running around being loud.

The first day I was there, I was a bit nervous being by myself, thought I would a bit bored, but shortly after arrival, I felt very comfortable as if I was at the resort for a very long time. They all made me feel so comfortable.

The Animacion Entertainment Team was THE BEST!!!!! They are SO FUNNY with their nightly entertainment and they are all so friendly. The best part is that all day long they are smiling and always are having a great time. During the day they have many different kinds of activities for the guests to partake in and they were all fun. I learned how to dance the marengue, bachata and salsa, which is a lot of fun. The Animacion Entertainment Team made it very fun and worthwhile for me, especially as a solo traveler. They were all great!

I will be coming back here again, hopefully every year as I made so many friends here and had such a great, relaxing, fun experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
West Buxton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my second time going to the Dominican Republic and also staying at the Punta Cana Princess. My parents have been 5 times now and I can see why. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. I love that there is no one under 18, but it is not a crazy spring breakish party resort. The Animacion Team was a lot of fun and we got to meet a lot of people throughout the activities. The staff there are AMAZING!!! They are so kind and are always going above and beyond : ) They even remember who you are (after you've been there a couple times). The price was got was also great, less than $100 a day for an All-Inclusive! Overall this is an amazing place for vacation and we will definitely be back again

Room Tip: We love the 5000 building, but really any of the buildings are great
Bardstown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stayed greatly here at the Punta Cana Princess. The food, the rooms, and staff were GREAT!!! We even went next door at the sister hotel. However, the only drawback at both places were the nights of the marketers coming in. They would not take NO as an answer. I hated the fact that I literally had to walk away from them after telling them several times NO. But they would just keep following you. THE BEACH was clean!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the bottom floor--no elevators.
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We go to the islands once or twice a year and usually stay at a resort that is rated in the top ten but this time we decided to try the Princess which is rated number 26. This was a bad move for us and will not go back. We were given room 5008 which was a great location - close to the beach and also the pool. Rooms in Bldg. 4 or 5 are the best.
Check in was ok - however they give you the key and they do not show you to your room which I thought was kind of strange. I never have been at a hotel where they did not escort you to the room. The room really needs a good updating and painting - along with most of the hotel. Be careful walking the path outside because so many of the bricks are breaking and are a real hazard. The pool also needs a painting. One day on the side of the pool - there were cups, water bottles and empty cigarette boxes thrown around, I stepped on a plastic cup in the pool and also a rock which somehow got into the pool.

We then decided to walk around the hotel as it was approximately 3 o clock and when walking around the pool we heard a lot of loud obnoxious behavior. The same thing happened in the restaurant that night. I later learned that the Princess opens rooms to the locals on the weekends for $200.00 and they were the ones making all the noise. Once they left - things were a little quieter on Sunday, I did contact my Travel Agency and asked her if we could transfer to the Majestic Elegance where we stayed before - but she indicated the Princess would not refund any of our money so we decided to stay and stick it out,

The towel game at the beach and pool is in full effect at this resort so I decided to join in. I went down at 6:30AM - I set my alarm to get up - the first and second rows were all filled with towels - so even at this time of day - chairs were hard to find. By 8:00 AM - all the chairs were taken at the beach and pool.

Our keys just stopped working so back to the office to get new keys. I really believe that the workers at the front desk should be a little nicer. There was a real young girl who had a real attitude.

The food was inedible. At Breakfast there is all dinner food except for eggs - which a real miserable man made every day - and the omelets were gross. I ended up getting a fried egg just so I could have something to eat.

I know this is no fault of the resort but the smoking at this resort is horrendous. We would be on the beach and everyone was smoking. One day at the lunch buffet - people right next to us lit up. No consideration for other people. I wish they had more smoking and non smoking areas.

The day we left - I had to call the office three times for them to pick up our luggage. We decided to just take it ourselves.

The resort does not inform you of any events going on. They had a beach party and many people I spoke to knew nothing about it as it was not posted anywhere.

I did go to the SPA on the beach - very good.

Also there is a girl who was the hostess at the buffet. I believe her name was Frasah - not sure of the spelling. Well - she should be given an award for the most pleasant employee at the resort. One day she escorted us into the restarant at 7:00AM and then again at 7:00 at night. She was just so pleasant and is an asset to your hotel.She is on her feet for 16 hours a day but she was just so pleasant every time we saw her.Other employees at the hotel should be lke her.

Needless to say - we will not be going back to this resort. I guess this is why it is rated #26. They have a lot of work to do at this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!