“Our best vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #39 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Our best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I will definitely return to this hotel. The staff is extremely helpful, nice and kind.We love the swimming pool and the beach
The room in the block 5000, pretty amazing view, very clean. The food was very good and delicious in the buffett and also in the specialty restaurants.Fast check in. We have no complaints of anything, on the contrary, we loved everything and enjoyed our stay. We cannot wait until next year!

2,526 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Amazing experience! The grounds were clean, the staff friendly and always greated you with an "hola and it's my pleasure". They kept the drinks flowing and the food was excellent! The shows were good, the animation staff worked hard to make them fun!
The food choices were fabulous as you could eat at the 4 ala carte restaurants on site and 3 on the other resorts (tropical and caribe) plus 2 buffets. The food was always available and was fresh. The wait staff were fabulous and kept drinks flowing usually without a request for a refill. We would recommend the Fondue and steak house as our favorite restaurants.
The staff spoke enough English to meet our needs as our Spanish is very minimal. They tried really hard to answer everything and meet all our needs!
The 20 minutes of free Internet per person per day was great! It was enough to keep up with emails and Facebook and check on the kids at home.
The beach was great! nice waves like we like it, there was a little seaweed but we attribute this to the remains of hurricane sandy that went through the region the week prior. The lawn employees worked for hours every day picking up the seaweed so the beach looked beautiful! The pools were nice and warm and we loved the swim up bar service, friendly, fast and fabulously made drinks!
We purchased 2 excursions from the beach staff, I would highly recommend purchasing through them versus the front desk, they were about $10 USD less for the same trip! The personal service there was great, they checked on us daily to see if we needed anything and actually one morning they ran and got us another beach chair, as the one we had was broken.
The vendors on the beach are very present, however a simple wave and a no thank you, they leave you alone. The security on the beach does a great job of asking them to leave so we could enjoy our trips without too much unwelcome solicitation.
I can not wait to return to the area and would definitely repeat at this resort, however we prefer to stay at new places each time we come.

Stayed November 2012
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

First time traveling solo and it was the best time I have ever had. I stayed in 1000 building, so I was the farthest from the beach. However, the room was still great. Rooms were very clean, always had a fully stocked fridge. The beach was clean, but you do need to get up early to reserve a seat on the beach.

The staff there are great. All so friendly. After meeting me the first time, they all remembered my name and was very accommodating. They were also very helpful with any and all questions I had. I did have a bellboy walk me to my room as I had no idea where I was going. One staff member I will not forget is the one always standing at the main buffet for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, I don't remember her name, but I do remember her always smiling, greeting face.

It is wonderful that it is an adult only resort, so there were no young kids running around being loud.

The first day I was there, I was a bit nervous being by myself, thought I would a bit bored, but shortly after arrival, I felt very comfortable as if I was at the resort for a very long time. They all made me feel so comfortable.

The Animacion Entertainment Team was THE BEST!!!!! They are SO FUNNY with their nightly entertainment and they are all so friendly. The best part is that all day long they are smiling and always are having a great time. During the day they have many different kinds of activities for the guests to partake in and they were all fun. I learned how to dance the marengue, bachata and salsa, which is a lot of fun. The Animacion Entertainment Team made it very fun and worthwhile for me, especially as a solo traveler. They were all great!

I will be coming back here again, hopefully every year as I made so many friends here and had such a great, relaxing, fun experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
West Buxton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my second time going to the Dominican Republic and also staying at the Punta Cana Princess. My parents have been 5 times now and I can see why. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. I love that there is no one under 18, but it is not a crazy spring breakish party resort. The Animacion Team was a lot of fun and we got to meet a lot of people throughout the activities. The staff there are AMAZING!!! They are so kind and are always going above and beyond : ) They even remember who you are (after you've been there a couple times). The price was got was also great, less than $100 a day for an All-Inclusive! Overall this is an amazing place for vacation and we will definitely be back again

Room Tip: We love the 5000 building, but really any of the buildings are great
Bardstown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stayed greatly here at the Punta Cana Princess. The food, the rooms, and staff were GREAT!!! We even went next door at the sister hotel. However, the only drawback at both places were the nights of the marketers coming in. They would not take NO as an answer. I hated the fact that I literally had to walk away from them after telling them several times NO. But they would just keep following you. THE BEACH was clean!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the bottom floor--no elevators.
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We go to the islands once or twice a year and usually stay at a resort that is rated in the top ten but this time we decided to try the Princess which is rated number 26. This was a bad move for us and will not go back. We were given room 5008 which was a great location - close to the beach and also the pool. Rooms in Bldg. 4 or 5 are the best.
Check in was ok - however they give you the key and they do not show you to your room which I thought was kind of strange. I never have been at a hotel where they did not escort you to the room. The room really needs a good updating and painting - along with most of the hotel. Be careful walking the path outside because so many of the bricks are breaking and are a real hazard. The pool also needs a painting. One day on the side of the pool - there were cups, water bottles and empty cigarette boxes thrown around, I stepped on a plastic cup in the pool and also a rock which somehow got into the pool.

We then decided to walk around the hotel as it was approximately 3 o clock and when walking around the pool we heard a lot of loud obnoxious behavior. The same thing happened in the restaurant that night. I later learned that the Princess opens rooms to the locals on the weekends for $200.00 and they were the ones making all the noise. Once they left - things were a little quieter on Sunday, I did contact my Travel Agency and asked her if we could transfer to the Majestic Elegance where we stayed before - but she indicated the Princess would not refund any of our money so we decided to stay and stick it out,

The towel game at the beach and pool is in full effect at this resort so I decided to join in. I went down at 6:30AM - I set my alarm to get up - the first and second rows were all filled with towels - so even at this time of day - chairs were hard to find. By 8:00 AM - all the chairs were taken at the beach and pool.

Our keys just stopped working so back to the office to get new keys. I really believe that the workers at the front desk should be a little nicer. There was a real young girl who had a real attitude.

The food was inedible. At Breakfast there is all dinner food except for eggs - which a real miserable man made every day - and the omelets were gross. I ended up getting a fried egg just so I could have something to eat.

I know this is no fault of the resort but the smoking at this resort is horrendous. We would be on the beach and everyone was smoking. One day at the lunch buffet - people right next to us lit up. No consideration for other people. I wish they had more smoking and non smoking areas.

The day we left - I had to call the office three times for them to pick up our luggage. We decided to just take it ourselves.

The resort does not inform you of any events going on. They had a beach party and many people I spoke to knew nothing about it as it was not posted anywhere.

I did go to the SPA on the beach - very good.

Also there is a girl who was the hostess at the buffet. I believe her name was Frasah - not sure of the spelling. Well - she should be given an award for the most pleasant employee at the resort. One day she escorted us into the restarant at 7:00AM and then again at 7:00 at night. She was just so pleasant and is an asset to your hotel.She is on her feet for 16 hours a day but she was just so pleasant every time we saw her.Other employees at the hotel should be lke her.

Needless to say - we will not be going back to this resort. I guess this is why it is rated #26. They have a lot of work to do at this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the 3rd time my husband and I have stayed at the Punta Cana Princess. We have stayed at 2 others, but have found that the PCP is what we like. It has one of the most beautiful beach areas, beach beds that come with the Platinum Suite package (which are necessary for me due to a bad back), we like it's small size, and it's clean. We spend most of our time at the beach, so it's perfect for us. We had a room in building 5, which is close to the pool and beach and it was always clean and well stocked. Every room we have been in is basically the same; just the views are different. They have a hair dryer and toiletries, so there is really no need to bring your own. We like the restaurants and can always find something to eat. Remember, however, that food in the DR is generally not prepared like it is in the U.S. It doesn't have as much sugar or fat, so it may not be what you are accustomed to. We love it, though! Depending on the time of year, one or two restaurants a night are closed, and they rotate. I recommend finding out which night Le Petit Fondue is open and make sure you try it. It's our favorite, along with Mare Nostrum by the beach. Hint....order what's on the menu, as is, and try not to make substitutions or change the way they prepare it. Some of the servers do not speak English well and it confuses them, frustrates them, and this could be why some people experience bad service. We have never had that problem, and it's just easier to try it the way they serve it and enjoy the new experience. Some employees speak pretty good English, but some don't. It helps to know a few basic words especially at the restaurants and bars, especially if you want French fries at midnight...we learned what papas frites was the first time we were there! :) The pool and lobby bar serve the best drinks. El Presidente beer with lime, and Bananamamas were very good. Take lots of ones and tip. Many of the employees live in dorms near the resort, and only get to go home for a few days a month to see their families. The people there are very appreciative of tips and they work from early in the morning until late at night. Smile, be polite, have patience, and enjoy the Dominican climate and culture! The animacion team work soooo hard to provide entertainment. Some of it is a little goofy, but we always find it entertaining. They do pool games, as well as the evening entertainment in the lobby. You can ride the bus to the sister hotels, but we are always content staying at the PCP. Everything gets pretty quiet after about 10:30, at least in July and October when we usually visit, so don't expect a lot of nightlife there. You can always hang out in the lobby bar or bar by the beach, but that's about it. They do have beach service for drinks in the morning, but once they start serving lunch, the servers mainly work in the restaurant, but it's a short walk to the bar by the beach. They do put fresh flowers in the bathroom each day and sometimes you will see a teeny tiny bug because of it, but we just get rid of the flowers each night and don't have a problem with them. We have never had a problem with mosquitos, food sickness, or any other major problems at this resort. Not sure where the bad reviews come from, but we have never experienced what some people write about. If you don't want to buy anything from any vendors, just smile and wave no, and go about your business. Going back in June and can't wait!

Room Tip: All rooms are basically the same that we have stayed in. Building 4 and 5 are closer to the pool an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!