Me and my wife are going to have our first daugther soon so we decided to have one last couple experience in some time.
There was a price cut for this weekend so we jumped right on it...terrible mistake...
The first thing I noticed was the terrible service at the desk, it was as if we were not paying real money! They treated us with such commonness that we didn't feel like we were welcomed...
Our room was not the ''superior'' one they advertised. The bathtub didn't hold the water, the hot water took FOREVER to kick in, the bathroom was dirty, the soap and shampoo smelled terrible (bring your own), the TV reminded me of the 90's...and last but not least, there was a door that connected to the next room where there were loud people staying at.
The drinks are all watered down and felt uninspired. If you wanna have a beer just order 5 of the thing they call beer.
The pool had mold, the towell place is far away and the food is nothing especial.
But what really let me down was the reservation for a romantic dinner with my wife. The women went to lunch at the same time (around 2pm) and we had until 3pm to make the reservation.
I left her a note with my room number, pax, restaurant, time and name in case she came back before we finished lunch.
When we come back, there is a line and she is making reservations. When it gets to our turn, I tell her I left her a note...she tells us all reservations are full while disposing of our note. I asked her if there was another restaurant available and she said no with the most punchable face you could make.
Oh, on our way out they destroyed our bracelets. I guess to prevent us from re-entering the hotel; that was the first time they did that to me on a beach resort and I felt insulted.
I will NEVER return to that place and will make it my MISSION to prevent friends and family from going.
Good riddance Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach