I had a short stay at this resort the first week of May 2014. First off it is hard as hell to find, took me forever to find it tucked away in the corner where it was. Once I finally found it I was greeted by a very nice front desk attendant. The reception/lobby is HUGE, and so are the grounds of the resort. So big they have a trolley to take you around. The place is beautiful.
Now for the bad stuff... During my 2 night/3day stay my room was never attended to. At the buffet hall I literally had to flag wait staff down to get something to drink. I was mostly ignored, I think it was because they saw that I was a solo traveller. This place is a great place for families and large tour groups. If you want quiet, this isn't the place for you. Also, I don't recommend for solo female travelers, I had to deal with a lot if catcalls and overt sexual advances from male staff (excluding front desk guys). I understand it was because they mistook me for a fellow dominican but that is not acceptable behavior towards a guest even if she is a fellow dominican. So they lost a lot of points with me for that alone.
The stay there was otherwise ok. The beaches are nice which is for this island. The room was a decent size and included a balcony. I recommend but not for solo female traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach