The hotel is definitely more of a 3 to 3.5 star but the wait staff and food were great. The rooms do need updating but you're definitely not sleeping at a motel either. The beds were a bit hard but were great for my back. The buffet had delicious eating options and the waiters always provided us with great service. The beach was super clean and the water was crystal clear. I brought water shoes but didn't need them as no rocks or corals were in the sand or water. Lounge chairs were always available at the beach and pools although the ones underneath the huts were always taken by 9am. I recommend staking one of these as soon as you wake up or wait for noon when people go to eat and leave these precious commodities behind. Yes the beach is public but not as crowded and annoying as Boca Chica. There will be people attempting to sell you additional vacation packages and water activities but all you have to say is that you're not interested and they won't continue to bother you. Please be reminded that this is the caribbean and service will be a lot slower than that of NYC. I did have to wait to check in as there was only one person attending the front desk but once we were checked in everything went smoothly. I only experienced one moment of frustration on my last day and it was with the Blue Transportation company I booked through Travelocity. I don't recommend them as they were provided with all of my return information twice and still failed to confirm that they would show up to return us back to the airport. They failed to respond to my phone calls and eventually showed up as if nothing happened. Yocasta at the hotel's guest service desk attempted to help me by continuing to call the Blue Transportation hotline and eventually called a cab for us. Unfortunately, I noticed that she attempted to take some of my money by telling me that the cab ride would be $40 and I had to pay her instead of the cab driver (meanwhile the front desk person who checked me out of the room told me the ride would be $35). The cab driver showed up 45 minutes later and she handed him $30 of the $40 and skimmed $10 for herself. I would've gladly tipped her (as I had done with every waitstaff person at the resort) but when I blatantly saw her ripping me off I was so turned off and appalled by her. The shuttle bus company eventually showed up and I no longer needed the cab but Yocasta told me that I would need to pay the cab driver anyway even though the cab driver was almost an hour late and we hadn't even made an attempt to get into the cab. The hotel's luggage handler was also disgusted by Yocasta and advised me to get my money back and to go with the shuttle bus service I had already paid for via Travelocity. Other than Yocasta I think everyone else at the hotel was wonderful. I especially want to thank Jonathan at El Higuero for his superb service and his overall attentiveness at the restaurant. The hostess/waitress at Rodizzio was also amazing and I'm disappointed at myself for forgetting her name. Overall I think this resort is great for the price and highly recommend it for both families and girl trips. Also, I recommend taking advantage of the free 5 minute ride casino shuttle bus if you want to get out of the resort. We also took a 5 minute cab ride to Bavaro Plaza to buy souvenirs at very reasonable rates. The Limery shop had everything we were looking for and the owners were not obnoxious and pushing their products but instead helped you locate any items you wanted to purchase (i.e. rum, mamajuana, coconut liquor, paintings, wooden items, key chains, etc). My sister and I also went parasailing with one of the SeaPro stations on the beach and the service was great and affordable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach