Overview: There were a lot of French people at the resort so it was harder to find English speaking people. The resort is technically two resorts in one, so it increases your facilities and space.
Good: The guys that work at the shop on the beach were really nice and they took good care of us. I recommend booking any water related activities (surf, swim with sharks, speed boat etc) through them instead of your travel company because it was cheaper and still good quality. The bartenders were pretty good too, especially the pool bar ones. The rooms were clean, nothing to complain about inside the room and our cleaning lady even gave us an extra bottle of rum!
Bad: Maybe it was a one-off, but because it rained a little in the morning, our passes didn't work and we couldn't get into our units (everyone in our villa had the same problem) for a few hours one night. My biggest issue though was the food. We ended up meeting some Americans and Aussies and everyone had eaten at different restaurants and also had stomach issues. No one was 'hospital ill', but I think I felt better eating the food from Cuba.
If I go back to Punta Cana, I would try another resort. Overall, a 3.5!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach