I picked this resort for the family suites since I was travelling with two teenagers. The room was a little smaller than I expected but it worked for our purposes. It was clean but the shower was a little tricky to work out for hot water. I liked the location of our room (3237) in regards to the buffet, pools and beach BUT it was directly across from the smaller theatre which had a show going until 11:30pm one night which made sleeping difficult. There is a larger theatre at the front of the resort which would have been better. The walls are very thin and the doors are very heavy so I could hear everything that was going on in the hallways which also disturbed my sleep.
The food was varied and tasty. The beach is gorgeous, the waves were not too big to enjoy swimming and the sand was clean. There was great organised pool games everyday however the teens club was a little disappointing as the posted schedule did seem to happen.
NOTE! This resort caters to French speaking people from France, even though we could speak French the staff did not respond because we are Canadian. I had a really hard time finding someone who would or could speak English. I heard from another couple that the staff do not like Americans so they avoid English speaking people based on that (this was someone else's opinion but interesting never the less).
I have been to DR twice before but I am not in any hurry to go back, I prefer Cuba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach