Our family of 6 , with four kids ages: 23, 21, 17, 15 arrive 23 DEC for a 7 day vacation.
The are many elements of our first trip to Punta Cana to review:
1. The Beach : the beach areas on this property, and the surrounding Bavarro beach areas are excellent for strolling. The Princess beach area is wide, well groomed, safe for wading and had many beach lounge chairs, and huts for shade. Beach activities that we enjoyed were sailing, kayaking. The lone sailboard I tried to use had a broken daggerboard , which made it useless.
2. Activities. The Princess had many structured activities - set up and ran by the fine folks from Club Maramara- in the various pools and courts,: to name a few that we enjoyed: water polo, aqua gym, dance-exercise classes, beach volleyball. Other activities available were sand soccer, and special functions for younger children.
3. Food: Our package included access to the main buffet restaurant, and One dominican and one Brazilian restaurant, and several snack bars. We enjoyed the buffet daily for breakfast , and dinners: a great variety of foods, a very special Christmas dinner, and a Mexican, Italian, and Dominican night. The servers were very kind, always smiling and helpful. Overall good food and good food and beverage services.
4. Bars- the we're many choices for beverages: day and night. We especially enjoyed the lobby bar, the beach bar, pool bars, and Areito Disco (free drinks from 11-12 each night). All the bartenders were funny and had a great time with our family. The beverages were all well made, and available easily. Water was always available.
5. Checkin-out was easy, just a few minutes to wait, even in this busy season. Louis at the front desk was a gem. The bag captains were always there to help with loading of luggage to the vans, and to the local trolley that runs around the beautiful property.
6- The hotel rooms. We had a two-room , two bath , family set up, which was very basic and clean. The bathrooms were clean, however could use an update. Beds were a bit hard, pillows too. Our rooms were always cleaned very well by the housekeeping staff. We didn't spend much time in our rooms, there was much more fun outside!
7- we toured the spa and gym, however didn't use them.
8- the hotel had various vendors that were on site to sell goods, service. All were kind, and if you were not interested, just say no thank you, and move on.
Overall a very nice experience at the Tropical Princess, with many guests from all over the world. Our family from the Midwest USA enjoyed meeting many families from Canada, France, and other areas of Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 Star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 Superior Rooms and 146 Family Rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding Packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach